Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #1

I Need a Spy in Middlebury

Got word from NIRV today that a coach I've been negotiating on got held up at the final quality check and did not ship this week. Sales rep did not know what the problem was. It's a 2017 Conerstone/Topaz/Midnight Pearl going to Atlanta.

Hopefully it's something minor but just in case the wheels are falling off or the ceiling has collapsed is there someone at the factory that could do some snooping for me?
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2016, 04:25 PM   #2

Ooops! Left out it's a 45b floor plan.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:36 PM   #3

Take my advice John. Sit back and relax and let them keep your coach in post inspection as long as they want to keep it. One of the improvements that they brag about instituting is the close final inspection after its out from production and before shipping. You want them to fix anything they caught and don't like before it is handed to you. I had a ton of stuff that needed done before I left the dealer lot on pickup and it was no fun, the guys who know how to fix whatever it needs reside in Middlebury so my recommendation is relax, give them the time to release it and don't worry about what they caught.... That is all good, That is what most of us have been praying for.....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #4

No doubt they will do take care of whatever it is. I've got enough confidence in Entegra that I'm buying my second coach from them……and one of the first 17 Conerstones off the line. You know how it is when your getting a new baby though……………..

All that said we're still getting paperwork together. Should put deposit down tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:55 PM   #5

John, We know how difficult it is to wait and not know exactly what is holding up your coach. We ordered our Anthem A never seeing one and before Entegra ever built one or in other words we have the first one built as best we know. We went to the factory for the build and all seemed good but our coach got held in QC also and was a couple weeks late shipping. Turned out great as our list at delivery was only 4-5 items and in 6 months has only been another 3-4 items all of which compared to our previous SOB were fairly minor.
I think all will be fine !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:22 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Be very thankful for a thorough QC having caught a problem before it shipped. I know one coach I wish that would have happened on.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:32 PM   #7

That be 2 now, lots to be fixed over a month time frame at LD. We have a early produced 16
Old 04-25-2016, 07:06 PM   #8

We are not in a hurry at all. We were just talking rough numbers and thinking about ordering a coach for delivery late this year. And then, NIRV put up a listing for a 17 that was equipped exactly like we would have ordered. And then, they just blew the competition away on pricing. And then, the itch started and you know how that goes. And now, can't wait to see the coach……..

I think what Entegra is doing with QA/QC during production and before delivery should be a best practice in the MH industry and we certainly don't want to rush shipping the coach until they are ready.

I still want to know what's going on with the coach if anybody is snooping around though…………..
Old 04-26-2016, 09:00 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

I think that's probably because it needs some paint work. That was probably the coach I was road testing and when I was spinning donuts in the lot there was a lot of gravel kicked up and chipped the paint. But they can't send it to the paint shop yet until they fix the holes in the radiator. Well at least you won't have to worry about the tires ageing out and dry rotting because there isn't that much tread left on them any more.

Seriously though, they get real picky at final inspection and holding up a coach for a minor blemish or whatever is the norm. I wouldn't worry too much about it, although it is always touch waiting when you are so close to getting it.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:58 AM   #10

Shoot - now you guys have me worried. Our coach is "suppose" to be done May 26. We "think" we will fly into Atlanta from California on June 8th for picking it up on June 9th. BUT, now I am worried that we may be too optimistic. Since we have to purchase airline tickets and I have to schedule time off from work (the Mr. is already retired), etc. I am concerned. Unfortunately if we wait until the coach is delivered to NIRVC we won't be able to do everything last minute. Granted we too prefer to have any bugs discovered before delivery and all the extra effort Entegra puts into it is part of why we chose Entegra. Suggestions?
Bill & Sharyn Link
Newbies waiting for 2017 Anthem 42DEQ
Land Yachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
I think that's probably because it needs some paint work. That was probably the coach I was road testing and when I was spinning donuts in the lot there was a lot of gravel kicked up and chipped the paint. But they can't send it to the paint shop yet until they fix the holes in the radiator. Well at least you won't have to worry about the tires ageing out and dry rotting because there isn't that much tread left on them any more.
Now that's funny!
Old 04-26-2016, 12:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post

Seriously though, they get real picky at final inspection and holding up a coach for a minor blemish or whatever is the norm. I wouldn't worry too much about it, although it is always touch waiting when you are so close to getting it.
Mark, We all want PICTURES !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #13

Mark - Now that your on the record for hot dogging my new coach I'm gonna track you down if it develops any rattles and make you help fix them…….

BTW - How did the Electronic Stability Control do while you were doing donuts?
Old 04-26-2016, 01:43 PM   #14

I was talking to Jacob on another issue this morning and he was telling me about the QC checks they put a new coach through before it ships. He said even after a coach has passed all the QC checks and goes to the lot for shipment they will pull it in one last time before a coach leaves the lot for delivery to a dealer. All part of Entegra's mission to deliver a perfect coach!