Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #43

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If this happened to me, the only solution that would be acceptable would be the manufacturer apologizes, takes the product back, and cancels the entire deal.

These manufacturers will never stop behaving like this until the consumers make it clear that they won't buy the product until this kind of nonsense stops.

To the OP. My sympathies. I hope the others that are waiting for their orders will cause this manufacturer so much flack about your situation that this will be quickly resolved.

Jim
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2014, 02:39 AM   #44
WDE

Sorry Chuck. We feel your pain. Hope this doesn't add to it, but for all of you that have an Enterga on order ....

I picked up my Anthem 44B on Friday (2/28) from Tom Johnson (NC). After a full day over going over it from top to bottom and checking everything I have NO ISSUES. None. My coach came off the production line approximately the same time as Chuck's (1/29) and was painted at Precision. It reached Tom Johnson last Saturday (came up to take a quick, can't wait any longer first look). Their team went over the bus - found just a couple of things to fix and called me to come get it 5 days after it arrived.

I am truely sorry for Chuck, but every coach off the line is not defective (not to say mine might not have issues down the line). But dealers also make a difference. I had to "leave the dealership to go get lunch", but both my bus and I got the dealer's team's full attention. They delivered 14 units on Friday and have 12 scheduled for tomorrow ... so the attention to detail we experienced was not because the dealer isn't busy.

Chuck, I'm guessing (hoping) Entegra fixes your situation quickly. You have been such a big fan and advocate of the brand they would be foolish to leave you to a dealer's discretion. Best of luck to you.

To those of you waiting on your Entegra coach take heart.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:56 AM   #45

Does the state where you bought this have a 3-4 days to re think your deal? I believe Michigan you can change your mind with in 3 days. And not have to buy it.
Al, Michigan.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:05 AM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE View Post
Sorry Chuck. We feel your pain. Hope this doesn't add to it, but for all of you that have an Enterga on order ....

I picked up my Anthem 44B on Friday (2/28) from Tom Johnson (NC). After a full day over going over it from top to bottom and checking everything I have NO ISSUES. None. My coach came off the production line approximately the same time as Chuck's (1/29) and was painted at Precision. It reached Tom Johnson last Saturday (came up to take a quick, can't wait any longer first look). Their team went over the bus - found just a couple of things to fix and called me to come get it 5 days after it arrived.

I am truely sorry for Chuck, but every coach off the line is not defective (not to say mine might not have issues down the line). But dealers also make a difference. I had to "leave the dealership to go get lunch", but both my bus and I got the dealer's team's full attention. They delivered 14 units on Friday and have 12 scheduled for tomorrow ... so the attention to detail we experienced was not because the dealer isn't busy.

Chuck, I'm guessing (hoping) Entegra fixes your situation quickly. You have been such a big fan and advocate of the brand they would be foolish to leave you to a dealer's discretion. Best of luck to you.

To those of you waiting on your Entegra coach take heart.
I had a similar experience with TJ's when we bought our used CC last spring. They did everything they promised and more, even though they were covered up with work. They do need to expand their facility which I understand they are planning to do. I am told they will devote one building and team to new coaches and new coach delivery.

To those who have suggested these issues might be due to the severe weather in Indiana, I would say bull. In spite of the weather, the coach was obviously built inside and should have stayed inside until it was thoroughly checked for issues before it left the facility.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:14 AM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am curious if you ordered the unit or bought it out of inventory.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:34 AM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
I am curious if you ordered the unit or bought it out of inventory.
It was ordered on Sept 19, completed on Jan 31, but did not ship until Feb 22 due to weather conditions between IN and FL.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 03-01-2014, 06:21 AM   #49

Nor'easters Club
Chuck, so sorry to read this post. Obviously this should have never happened, but based on everything we have read about Entegra they will make it right. In a short time this will all be behind you, hang in there buddy.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
Old 03-01-2014, 06:29 AM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
I am confident that Entegra will make this right.

For myself, this continued lack of QC across the industry...well, I think that organizations like FMCA need to be leveraged to address the issue. Even though we RVers tend to be an individualistic lot, we can't continue to work this as individuals. Not sure how, but I am going to seek out how to put it (RV Manufacturer QC processes and Customer Delivery) on the agenda at FMCA annual events. We'll see if FMCA wants to be relevant to owner's issues.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:48 AM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck sorry to hear of the bad break you've had but just like others have said Entegra will take care of you.

Interesting to see 17 posts so far by non Entegra owners, a few of which you would expect to hear from. I'll bet the Tiffin page is jumping with this news :-(
Old 03-01-2014, 07:15 AM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I am confident that Entegra will make this right. For myself, this continued lack of QC across the industry...well, I think that organizations like FMCA need to be leveraged to address the issue. Even though we RVers tend to be an individualistic lot, we can't continue to work this as individuals. Not sure how, but I am going to seek out how to put it (RV Manufacturer QC processes and Customer Delivery) on the agenda at FMCA annual events. We'll see if FMCA wants to be relevant to owner's issues.
I agree 100%, this is an industry issue. I have posted many comments about how poor the industry is, especially after the sale. I doubt fmca is relevant anymore, they do not have a recent history of activism in the industry but rather appear to be seeking revenue to survive in the lifestyle the corporation had since it's glory days. I hope I am wrong and support any efforts to make this issue public and bring about change.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:20 AM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I agree 100%, this is an industry issue. I have posted many comments about how poor the industry is, especially after the sale. I doubt fmca is relevant anymore, they do not have a recent history of activism in the industry but rather appear to be seeking revenue to survive in the lifestyle the corporation had since it's glory days. I hope I am wrong and support any efforts to make this issue public and bring about change.
I know this is going to twist the thread a tad but I started to say the same thing but decided not to post it. OK...you started the twist. LOL Not my fault.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:53 AM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
This was no accident or over site that lazydays delivered the unit of you in this condition.
They knew exactly what condition it was in, and they also were very aware that had they delayed delivery you may not have accepted it at all if you found out the reason for the delay.
I beg to differ. Having purchased a new, ordered Entegra Anthem at Lazydays last year, I can tell you that they did NOT know what was wrong with the coach. The reason that they did not know is because they didn't look. It is a fact of life that their business is booming and their staff is overstretched. Therefore, they give new coaches a quick cleanup and a cursory inspection. Although it is not fair to the buyer, unfortunately they leave the fine inspection to the customer rather than devote many hours to check everything on board. In a perfect world this would not be so, but it is so. When I came to Lazydays pick up my new Anthem I also had about 20 items on a punch list. That is the bad news.

The good news is that they fixed everything to my satisfaction and I am now a happy owner. More than any other dealer that I have ever seen, Lazydays has a unique capability to repair these things. They have 100 service bays and people there that are trained to do just about any conceivable RV repair. These coaches are so complex that it is common for them to have teething pains. At least Lazydays has the capability to deal with these issues. Yes, it was slow and painful to get things fixed there, but they got it done. I shudder to think what would have happened had I purchased from a dealer that lacked the vast capabilities of Lazydays. I would have been left on my own, or drive 1200 miles back to the factory to have the work done there.

I have seen a lot of anger and indignation here, but I think that is overdone. The fact is, these are not Fords that are made in one or two days on a highly automated assembly line. They are hand-built by humans who are fallible. They contain many subassemblies and contracted components, and they will never have the level of perfection of an automobile. This is why these problems occur on every brand of motorhome, including the million-dollar and up units. Ask anybody who bought a new coach, and you will find that nearly every one had some problems upon delivery. There is the rare person who did not, but that’s akin to winning the lottery.

Yes, the factory and the dealer should do a better job of quality control. Yes, the buyer is paying a huge sum of money. But the facts are the facts. You have to deal with reality, or don't play the game. When I bought my first new motorhome 11 years ago (a Beaver), I had the same long punchlist. I read the same complaints online as I see now. In the interim, the industry went through an enormous shakeout and half the manufacturers have disappeared. The current group of manufacturers are the survivors and theoretically the cream of the crop, yet the same problems persist. You can find examples of problems on any brand, just search the web. Not just Entegra, but Tiffen Newmar Winnebago, etc. I seriously doubt that it will ever change. These problems will occur. The important thing to me is the answer to two questions: 1. Are the problems repairable or are they structural or design problems that can't be fixed? 2. Are the manufacturer and dealer ready, willing and able to make it right?

So far I haven’t seen anything in Brobox’s report that leads me to believe that the answer to those two questions will not be satisfactory. Certainly paint, awning lights and the entrance step can and will be remedied. What else is on the list, I’d like to know.

Chuck, in my mind you have two choices:

1. Demand your money back and walk away. But be aware that the next new coach you order, no matter from whom, will almost surely have teething problems as well. Or you could buy a used coach, which will have ostensibly have been debugged. But, what hidden flaws are there that can’t be seen without using the coach? And without a warranty, you will have nobody to help you with any issues, and no recourse once you buy.

2. Stick with your current coach and let Lazydays and Entegra make it right. This will be time consuming and aggravating, but nothing I have seen suggests that they will not do right by you. You have an industry leading two-year warranty and exceptional customer service to back you up.

In the final analysis the choice is yours, but all the ranting and raving that I have seen on this thread will not change the fact that RV’s are hand-built, complex objects, and will almost always be delivered with repairable defects. Folks, this is reality. If you can’t deal with it don’t buy an RV.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #55

Nor'easters Club
Well stated Marc !!!! It is naive and unfair to compare any RV manufacturer to a mass production assembly vehicle. I worked for 30+ years in an highly regulated, over the top QC industry (Engineer at a Nuc Power Plant), where annual QC costs were in the multi-million dollar ranges and quality mistakes still happened. Same goes with other high QC industries, look at aviation or even the space program.

The way I see it is that Entegra has already proven they manufacturer a well designed product and based on comments from many have exhibited great customer service. The real important issue here is that they continue along those lines to ensure all the issues are resolved to Chuck's satisfaction. I'm sure it is (and will continue to be) frustrating for Chuck, but I believe it will be worth it in the end.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
Old 03-01-2014, 08:39 AM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
I think the state of Florida has a kind of "buyers regret" period of time. Something like 7 days on vehicles where you can return a vehicle and get your full money back. Like MRUSA said, it's decision time. I know Entegra watches this forum. I also know they discuss each customer complaint at daily staff meetings and I'm sure this one is causing some heads to turn. My suggestion is have LD establish a timetable for the remedy and I would consider calling CS and ask to talk to their head of production or one of the Bontragers about your concern for their product.
Closed Thread