RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2018, 06:05 PM   #15

Only tricky part is making sure you stay to the right going thru the tunnel before Georgia Tech...if you are in the left lanes it can be tricky with a long rig to merge right to stay on I-75N

jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2018, 04:20 AM   #16

Thank you for all of the responses. If all goes well looks as though we will hit Atlanta between 12 and 1PM today. Looking forward to making our first trip through the city but not the traffic.......Alan.

hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:27 AM   #17

yes, drive this all the time and i NEVER take the 'bypass' I285, tooooo much truck traffic and roads are terrible in places.... take I75/I85 right thru the heart of Atlanta, between 10a and 2pm, and ALWAYS stay in the HOV lanes.... it's SOOOO much easier and they have their own dedicated exit lanes.

once you've done it, you'll wonder what all the other 'hub bub' is about : )
it's just people in cars, you're much bigger than them!
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #18

The Atlanta traffic is a big reason we left Atlanta12 years ago for the Tennessee River in NW Alabama.

When I am in the area, I listen to AM750 WSB Radio with the best traffic reports every 6 minutes. If they are talking about wrecks on The Connector, that is I-75 going through and under downtown. That is when you look to go the Inner Loop of I-285 toward the airport following the Birmingham signs to start with.

I never understood why two interstates were merged together and put under downtown in a figure S fashion before splitting off just north of downtown. It was the dumbest design ever.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:14 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post

once you've done it, you'll wonder what all the other 'hub bub' is about : )
it's just people in cars, you're much bigger than them!
The stop and go, people cutting in front of you then slamming on there brakes. Not to mention the number of lane changes required in Atlanta. Some of the older and now the newer Entegra's do not have side turn signals making it twice as hard. Not easy to adjust when 65 feet towing. We can't adjust as fast as they can. Not to mention the constant accidents tying up traffic that can happen at any time.

I didn't have near the problem in my last smaller MH with a little tiny toad as I do with the larger MH and full size toad.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
We try to time Atlanta for Sunday morning if at all possible. That's when you'll see the lightest traffic. Houston is actually the one we consider our biggest headache. Chicago is fairly easy if you take 294 around. It's not cheap but it's MUCH better than going through in a coach. I will run down through the loop. Never in the coach.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #21

We made it. Piece of cake. Quite heavy bumper to bumper traffic much of the way through but we did not have to stop once.Until we got well north of the city and then they had one lane closed going each way for no reason at all and that cteated about 4 to 5 miles of stop and go traffic......Alan
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyst View Post
I75 North is just a mess from 30 miles south of twon to north of Knoxville....no matter what you do.....all the way up into Tennessee and sections beyond, but don't let it intimidate you.
I don't see north or even south of ATL as being all that bad on I75. It's a relatively enjoyable ride, outside of the ring of ATL.
Van Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:22 PM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
All I can say is a overpass in Darien was under re-construction teh entire 3+ years I was broke down 3 miles from the bridge.

When the I-75 Bridge was damage by fire they had it up and runing within the month.

To the point.. A lot depends on teh time of day 3AM sunday .. You will be amazed if you see another car. 5PM Tuesday. Find parking, it moves faster .