Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2017, 06:04 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
If you own a Classic, it's time

Many read the forum, but don't pay much attention to what is passed on sometimes. I had a call the other day on another Classic that developed a roof leak along the seam. If you own a Classic, it is time that the roof seams have through maintenance preformed, or permanently sealed with Eternabond Tape. Many have done nothing to the roofs and they are now in the 4 years old range. They are at the age they will start leak if nothing has been done since new.

The sealant used on the classics is not the best on the market and can split at any time. Mine starting splitting at 8 months. If you are not the DIY type, it's time to gt the roof seems taken care of before expensive inside repairs are required.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2017, 06:27 AM   #2

I fall into this category with my 14... chuck... could you post a little more detail of what your recommending that needs to be done...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:51 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
I fall into this category with my 14... chuck... could you post a little more detail of what your recommending that needs to be done...
You asked for it. It's a long post, but lots of good information from others and photos as I went along. The "how to's" are all there.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/star...id-244908.html

In my opinion, the original sealant is not worth doing yearly maintenance on...it won't make it until the next year. The best thing is strip and replace with the new type of sealant, or Enternabond tape, the easiest and permanent..

I hope it helps others avoid costly repairs.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:57 AM   #4

Invest in kneepads. I broke the job up and did it over 4-6 months. Every time I was up on the roof for one thing or another I brought up a bucket with my Eternabond stuff (rags, cleaner, rollers, scissors and tape)
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:44 AM   #5

Has anyone had this done professionally? What kind of cost we looking at. Ain't no way I'm getting on the roof. And I thought they sent a guy around to take care of all that?
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:16 AM   #6

I found scissors to be painfully useless (after one or two cuts without cleaning) .I used a 10” x10” piece of plywood (for a cutting board) and used a razor knife,worked much easier on the eternabond.Oh and like posted above. Knee pads.Also it maybe overkill but I sealed the edges of the eternabond tape with eternabond elastomeric caulk
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:37 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I just had a peel and seal done at entegra. They pull off all the old seal and replace it with new. In the spring when it is warmer I will install eternabond tape.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
Has anyone had this done professionally? What kind of cost we looking at. Ain't no way I'm getting on the roof. And I thought they sent a guy around to take care of all that?
Robert, if you know of a construction or roofing laborer, or check Craigslist for a handyman. Eternabond is easy to apply and there are videos on their web site. Much easier to have someone come to you, than taking it to a dealer and paying 4X the price.

As long as the surface is cleaned properly, it's almost impossible to do it wrong.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:08 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor 37GT View Post
I just had a peel and seal done at entegra. They pull off all the old seal and replace it with new. In the spring when it is warmer I will install eternabond tape.
If it is the new silicone based sealant they used, Entenabond may not stick to it.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #10

Chuck, Thanks for posting this thread. I had doing the roof on my bucket list this past fall but it didn't happen. In the spring it will be part of my maintenance plan.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:03 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
All I know is that it is a 3M product. I will call entegra first before I install it. Thanks
Old 12-10-2017, 02:06 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
You're welcome Dave. That is the third Classic I know of in the last month that has had a seam leak. To be honest, I am surprised the classics sealant has lasted that long after seeing mine in the first year.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:14 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Just developed a small leak in the area where water pools on the roof along seam. Ordered our Eternabond tape and will start project as soon as it arrives. The original Dicor was touched up at the factory in the first year and a half. It had hundreds of cracks in it. Not taking a chance of touching up again.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor 37GT View Post
All I know is that it is a 3M product. I will call entegra first before I install it. Thanks
If Entegra installed the new sealant, this is what the new models have. 311 Self Levelling « NuFlex Sealants