Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2017, 09:27 AM   #29

I have found that there are very few dealerships that provide service, NIRVC is one, unfortunately they are 500 miles away. My experience is to have a good Mobile Tech that can address the issues that need immediate attention. Entegra will usually work with the Mobile Tech to honor their service fees, but I make sure they are paid on the spot and I deal directly with Entegra, Mobile Tech's need their cash flow.
I did 3 months of research before I bought my Entegra and found that getting information from different dealers helped my make the best decision.
Trapper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2017, 10:27 AM   #30

I went to see a Newmar London Aire at the dealer closest to us. I called ahead and drove 100+ miles to see it. When I got there, the coach was not on the lot. They decided to use it the race track as a welcoming center. No wonder they offer higher end coaches, anymore.
hbatwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:42 PM   #31

My experience with dealers that most sales guys unfortunately don't know squat about diesel pushers...
I am one of those who also would rather not be with a sales guy
When looking.. they end up just being annoying and can't answer questions anyway because they don't know..
But. I know a lot about motor homes so I am probably a exception to the rule... if you don't know about the coach your looking at then probably best to read about it on the internet... at least the all the basics... generator size. Ac size
Amount of fuel it holds etc... then go to a dealer who has the inventory your looking for... like the only 2 dealers that are talked about on this site..
Then negotiate the best price based on current availability of the coach your looking for.. the internet makes this easy and simple.. search rvtrader and rvt classifieds and then go to nada blue book and get real true value of the coach your looking at and there you go...
Imo this industry is un regulated and completely can be a joke for spending the kind of money for what these coaches cost ..
Sorry you had such a bad experience but I am not the slightest surprised you did ... Entegra is a fantastic motor home ... stay true to your getting one.. you won't be sorry... good luck
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:21 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
Interesting thread.........just confirms what I have believed - - - - - a dealership is a dealership - - whether selling autos/trucks or RVs.

I have purchased many new cars, average about every 3 years but only one new RV. A gas motor home.

Went to an out of state dealership to a salesman that was highly recommended by someone here on iRV2.

The sale went fine - - we were in my opinion an easy sell. We were treated well, figuring we bought a new motor home at a dealership that sells motor coaches 4 times as expensive.

This was the first time I bought a vehicle out of state and we were told we would pay the dealership our plate title/registration fee, that would be applied to a title issued in the state we punched in, that would be transferred to Indiana......our home state.

I asked if they gave me the information (VIN) about the vehicle, I would get a registration cost, which in good old affordable Indiana is in the $1800 per year range. The salesman told me the dealership does this all the time and they knew the rates for the different states. Ok - - I believe you!! LOL

Well - - we take delivery to our new motor home and loving it. The title/registration paperwork comes in the mail and I head to Indiana Motor Vehicle Bureau (BMV) to apply for my Indiana plates. All went well and I noticed the actual cost for the plates was roughy $150 less that what I was charged by the dealer. Hmmm.

I asked Indiana BMV if they gave me the difference as they saw proof of what I paid. They said I would have to get that from the selling dealer that charged the money. That made sense..

I emailed the salesman! WOW - - that's where service after the sale ended - - immediately!! I received an rather nasty email in return explaining that the cost was calculated correctly by his dealership and that Indiana BMV was incorrect!! I was a little in shock.........the next day I did receive another email from the salesman explaining he was having a bad day......but stood by his email and wound not return my $150 over charge, I needed to get that from Indiana. Hmmmm - - I paid him the money direct - not Indiana.

I let it go, a dealership that sell $800K RVs must need that $150 more than me.....LOL

Another time last winter, we were in SW Florida and visited a dealership in the Ft Meyers area for some mods we wanted for our motor home. I spoke with a service writer at the dealership and told him what I wanted. He said he would work up a price and get back to me......I am still waiting on that call.

So.........it makes no difference in my view what kind of vehicle you buy.......there are good people and bad.........we had a small locally owned Chevy dealer here in my town that was closed down by GM back in 2009.......they truly gave "personal-service"......a thing of the past.

If you have received good or great service from you sales person and dealership - cherish it......

g
In my world that dealer is NIRVC! I've purchased and serviced at their Atlanta store and had service done at their Dallas location. Both were professional, attentive to my concerns and great experiences! Wouldn't go Anyhere else if I could avoid it. Just sayin!
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:32 AM   #33

NIRVC as the coaches are plugged in...I dealt with Tony Morse and the entire outfit is as good as you can get...and I can reach them for any questions.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:09 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
So, anybody think the offending dealer might be Paul Everett?
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:10 PM   #35

Easily could be.. I known this dealer and have been there... I think it's the California dealer mentality
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:36 PM   #36

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has responded to this thread. I have learned a great deal and was very surprised to learn that many have had similar experiences. One thing is for sure - NIRVC certainly enjoys a well earned and respected reputation in the community!!
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:17 AM   #37

I think many people have a very positive outlook on NIRV from dealing with them directly or from dealing with their techs who Entegra relies on to support repairs at the many Entegra events and 'fests.

I did not realize at the first Entegra event we attended that Entegra worked so closely with NIRV and that most of the techs on hand who were actually doing the work were directly from NIRV instead of Entegra. I think this close connection with the factory is a major item that sets NIRV apart from their competition.

Going further with that thought the NIRV techs who work the events I have been at are some of the nicest people on earth and will do most anything to get the job done and will make sure it is right. When an NIRV tech gives me his personal cell number with the offer to call any time I have a problem it says a lot about that person's commitment and integrity. Similarily when I happen to off-hand mention a problem I am having to Angie she is as helpful at getting the attention of a tech and helping me as if I was buying a new coach from her.

The one difference i have seen about NIRV is that Brett Davis (CEO) is very plain spoken about their business model. He was a financial guy who was as frustrated as any of us at trying to get quality work done. He started NIRV on a basic model of making money on storage, maintenance and service. Selling motor homes was not his original goal. They are very successful at selling them lately, granted, but the company was first and foremost a service organization which could operate financially independent of sales. With the real focus on service I believe it drives a different mentality with the techs and everyone working there. When the next "recession of '08" occurs there will still be a lot of motorhomes out there needing storage and service while sales will not exist. NIRV is positioned and maintains their focus on this. I never hear any sort of complaint about any of their sales or service or personnel. It starts at the top and the business model of NIRV is very appealing to me. Plus, Brett Davis seems to have a knack for hiring the right people and keeping them....and they all seem to be very happy with the arrangement!

Full disclosure: I have absolutely no connection or personal gain from NIRV. I am just that impressed with them and their folks. And particularily with Brett Davis who will take the time to talk honestly and candidly with you about the company.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
What jestal said! I would push my rig past Lazy Days (Tucson) to get it to Phoenix to let Andy Packer and Cowboy work on it. I have bought 25% of my motorhomes from them. If I get another last motorhome, that percentage will go up.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:22 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
What they said. And X2 it starts at the top with Brett.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:29 PM   #40

My most annoying problem with the dealer we purchased from was complete embarrassment at the way our salesman treated some close relatives when we referred them to him for help in purchasing a towable. They walked in, found the salesman, introduced themselves and mentioned our name having just purchased an Entegra coach from him.

He was very offish, immediately informed them he was in coach sales and had no time to waste on a towable. Didn't even exchange any niceties or introduce them to a towable salesman. A few weeks earlier he would have sold anything to make a buck so his "promotion" he gave himself to "coach sales" must have gone straight to his head.

Unfortunately I still have to take our coach into the place to have the inverter replaced under an extended service warranty.....
Old 08-19-2017, 06:49 AM   #41

With all due respect to all sides, these sales people are there to make a living. They are not at an RV park or demo. Any good salesman can tell buyers from lookers and they know which models they get a good commission on and what they don't.

To the OP. If you made them aware you were internet shopping, why would a salesman that sells off the floor want to waste their time?

RV sales are thru the roof right now. The industry is taking all it can. They remember 2010.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:13 AM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post
My most annoying problem with the dealer we purchased from was complete embarrassment at the way our salesman treated some close relatives when we referred them to him for help in purchasing a towable. They walked in, found the salesman, introduced themselves and mentioned our name having just purchased an Entegra coach from him.

He was very offish, immediately informed them he was in coach sales and had no time to waste on a towable. Didn't even exchange any niceties or introduce them to a towable salesman. A few weeks earlier he would have sold anything to make a buck so his "promotion" he gave himself to "coach sales" must have gone straight to his head.

Unfortunately I still have to take our coach into the place to have the inverter replaced under an extended service warranty.....
Similar experience at Lost Days. Salesperson we had worked with twice and had found very helpful was extremely pushy to our friends and insisted that they should go ahead with a deposit on their first visit.

He was disgusted and we were embarrassed.

Also had "One" dealer whose salesman got mad because we "Bought without getting his price." Pointed out that he hadn't returned three phone calls as we were getting close to pulling the trigger.

Tags
dealer, entegra