Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2017, 06:24 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Just to throw down this idea.

I retrofitted my 2014 with a Tru Induction two burner, 110v, cooktop when I bought the coach. We have a 240v Bosch Induction top at home in the S&B. The two cooktops do not cook the same of course due to the output. We cook a lot both on the road and home. I cannot dispute the Tru Induction 110v top takes a long time to boil water but heats lower temps great. I bought one of those single plate Induction portables and it heats up fast. What we do is when heating pasta water or boiling pots we pull out the portable. We simmer and cook on the two burner. The nice thing about one of those portable Induction tops is when we want to fry things like bacon or cook fajitas I take the portable outside so the odors are coating the inside of the RV.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #44

I thought I would do a follow up.

Today, I had a new TrueInduction unit installed and the original TrueInduction removed. The two units are identical units. Taking out the old unit involved virtually nothing other than unplugging the old unit from the dedicated 120 VAC socket behind the large drawer under the sink and removing one cable clamp screw that is screwed into the back of the kitchen support brackets. Installing the new one only involved running a silicone bead under the outer lip of the cooktop, re-mount the power cable into the cable holder and plug the new unit into the same 120 plug socket.

We then replicated the test that I talked about in this thread. We took 4 cups of water from our fresh water tank and placed it in the same pan that we had used for our previous tests and placed the right burner on 10 in the power mode. Now, to refresh memories, we tried to obtain a rolling boil from that 4 cups and the same pan with the old unit and I could not get a rolling boil by 21 minutes. I could get a rolling boil on an $80 single burner unit at 7 minutes. The new unit was able to do a very active rolling boil at 5 minutes !!!!

So, the new unit is working and we are delighted so far. Hopefully, that will all continue into the future.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:54 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, if you have a chance can you measure the True-Induction cooktop. In speaking with the Newmar folks that have this Induction cooktop they seem happy so if it will fit I think that I will change out the Furion cooktop in my 2017.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #46

The black glass top of the TrueInduction is 24 3/8" wide and is 15" top to bottom. It is mounted in "landscape" shape in my coach. The glass extends roughly 1/2" to 5/8" wider than the metal unit all the way around which is where the bead of silicone goes. Wish you had asked me yesterday and I could have measured the cut-out exactly.

The unit is a TI-2B model. Here is a link to amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/True-Inductio...ction+2+burner

Current price is about $384 Easy 30 minute job if you are DIY.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:59 AM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Gary, that is the same dimension as the Furion. Heck, even Entegra's wood cover will fit ;-)
Old 06-10-2017, 06:52 AM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just as a follow up comment on boil times . I went to boil some Tea water and used a small 3 cup saucepan with 2 cups water in it . Used the big honking 12 inch element on the S & B stove . (Electrolux brand) It was taking more than 15 min and I gave up . Put the same saucepan and 2 cups water on the appropriate sized element and presto , bailing water in 90 sec . So evidently , at least in my case , element size and pan size do matter.
In the RV we have gas but also have a portable induction hob . Great way to go