Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
EcRyder

Referencing your nice work. I see you moved the water pump. I don't really have a better place for it but here's a thought. Several times I have goofed up filing the tank and left the valves in the wrong position and the pump loses prime. It seems it loses prime easily mounted up on the wall of the storage bay, which I'm sure Entegra did for noise reduction. My old Monaco rarely lost prime but it's pump was very low. In fact as low as the lowest part of the tank. If you have options consider doing that.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2015, 03:11 PM   #30

Yes. One of the improvements I was looking for was to lower the pump as low as I could and shorten the run. It always did take a while to prime the old setup. I could usually burp the pump by cycling the tank fill to allow the air to move easier. With the existing setup that flow was from the pump on the PS of the frame rail to the DS water bay, back to the water filter on the PS, back to the tank suction in the water bay. All the air didn't come out of the lines until I'd fill the tank from city water. In my first sketches, I had the pump sitting on the floor where I now have the softener to flood the suction. I ran out of available space.

Now the pump is about the top of the water tank. The burping loop is about two feet of tubing. My procedure has been to turn the pump on from the water bay. If it doesn't prime quickly, cycling the tank fill valve quickly will get it pumping.

Eric
ECRyder is offline   Reply With Quote