Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2017, 09:20 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Insignia vrs Aspire

Looking to upgrade to a DP.... new to Entegra don't know much about them ...like the 44W floor plan but confused about the differences between the Aspire and Insignia can anyone help point them out?

Thanks
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2017, 09:22 AM   #2
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrobath View Post
Looking to upgrade to a DP.... new to Entegra don't know much about them ...like the 44W floor plan but confused about the differences between the Aspire and Insignia can anyone help point them out?

Thanks
Entegra website has a comparison page. Link is right on the home page.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #3

Depends if buying new or used. I was where you are a year ago when I started looking for my upgrade. Chose to go 2018 Aspire (new) for these main reasons.
AGM L16 Batteries for House, all Electric, Integrated Girard Awnings, in 18 they changed the furniture to Villa which I think is more comfortable, increased storage in the main bath, IFS for a smoother ride. Would have done an Anthem if I had another $50K but the Aspire is a bit of a stretch for me poor old self.

We take delivery in a week or so. YES!!!
kevinantholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #4

The Insignia has a lot to offer. It's basically the same as my 2015 Aspire, which has served me well and provided great comfort. The "bones" are the same great quality (frame, insulation, engine and roof) The following things are the items that the Aspire has over the Insignia:

Independent front suspension
150 gallon fuel tank
diesel Aqua hot
different floor material
different batteries
different awnings (I think)

I think the Insignia offers a lot for the money
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
The Insignia has a lot to offer. It's basically the same as my 2015 Aspire, which has served me well and provided great comfort. The "bones" are the same great quality (frame, insulation, engine and roof) The following things are the items that the Aspire has over the Insignia:

Independent front suspension
150 gallon fuel tank
diesel Aqua hot
different floor material
different batteries
different awnings (I think)

I think the Insignia offers a lot for the money
For us it was the desire to get to an all electric rig with Independent front suspension and a bigger fuel tank. We also liked the idea of the integrated awnings other than the "hung on the side" awnings that we had on our Berk and which are on the Insignia. From everything we saw with the Insignia it is a real bang for the buck. Just in our circumstances the Aspire checked off more of the boxes.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #6

We have the 2017 Insignia in the W floor plan. We've been full time since July 1st and for the most part have been very happy.

However...my biggest problem with our coach (and it was taken care of in the 2018s), is the tires. In 17 the Insignia came with Goodyear 295/80s in front and 275/80s in the rear. The Goodyear tires are garbage. I finally was able to get the Micelin X Coach tires up front. There had been a nationwide shortage for some time. The difference in the drive is substantial. So is the difference in my peace of mind.

With the Goodyears the straight axle was derated from it's rated 16000 lbs to 15660 due to the tires. May not seem like much but if you are running close to the limit on tires that have a reputation for blow outs, it does not make for a relaxing drive. Yes, I am more than a little perturbed that I felt I had to buy new tires on a nearly brand new coach to feel safe. In the end probably I should have done my homework more thoroughly I guess.

As I said, this was taken care of on the 18's. They have Michelins 315/80's in front and 295/80's in back, what it should have been from the start. OK, rant on tires over.

Now on to the good stuff. As others have said, you really do get a lot of bang for your buck with the Insignia. There are some differences which others have already pointed out but the bones are largely the same.

Would I buy an Entegra again? Yes. If I was to do it over I would probably stretch things a little more and go for the Aspire but especially starting in 18 I think you will be very happy with either.
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote