Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2015, 11:34 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Installing Articulating mount for Entegra outside TV's

I cannot take credit for this as Pat B posted the outside mounts before. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tell...ml#post1786712 I did clean up a few things as the TV when pulled out did not look factory and kind of tacky. Hopefully it may help some others with their install.

The photo links are the best I can do for now. Sorry about that. I hope they all linked OK.

2013 and pre-mid year 2014, before the $3,600 upgrade fee take a
Swivel TV Bracket | Wall Mount w/ Articulating Arm

After the upgrade to the 40" TV outside TV takes a Crimson Articulating 13"- 42" Flat Panel TV Mount - AU42
The instruction that come with the mount are excellent and easy to follow. Mounted next to factory holes. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ivo4lfdr7...22142.jpg?dl=0

Remove the TV with the 6 silver screws, 3 on each side of the TV and lay the TV face down. (I painted the screws black after the photos were taken) Remove the factory bracket and dispose of it. Photo 1 and 2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nij8ynyp9f...08.21.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fpugbdqq9...14.09.jpg?dl=0

Install the new bracket plate using the same screws that were on the TV. After discussing with Swinster we drilled holes 1 inch towards the inside from the factory holes for the swing arm to mount. It centers the TV better with the opening and helps clear the door strut. I also insulated behind the TV with aircraft cockpit insulation.

Before mounting the TV I added 90 degree connections to the ports in the TV to take the strain off the cables when pulling the TV out. Connections needed, 90 coax connector, video plug (yellow) one 90 degree RCA stereo plug, HDMI 90. All of these are available online, but I caught one of the Radio Shacks going out of business and paid 30 cent on the $. Photo 3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zibli53zsx...55.03.jpg?dl=0

After the TV was hung I didn't like the unfinished look. Photo 4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sspgqtdzjz...09.58.jpg?dl=0

I added wire wrap to the bright yellow 110V factory wires and painted the back of the cabinet brace and plug outlet boxes. Photo 5

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tljc19h5n...31.21.jpg?dl=0

The power cord and main HDMI cable were attached to the cabinet braces with wire clamps. Photo 6

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3u4z7rrkw...21628.jpg?dl=0

Next add a 3ft HDMI extension using an HDMI coupling after the cable clamp. If the TV gets pulled out to far, the main HDMI cable that goes into the basement will not be damage, it is hard to replace. Photo 7

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogzwsim8je...22214.jpg?dl=0

To tighten up the left side of the screen for traveling I added a couple of scraps of insulation with spray adhesive, to the door where it just hits the corners of the TV. Phttps://www.dropbox.com/s/5eqhiviy2go300y/2015-05-14%2012.15.19.jpg?dl=0hoto 8.

Job took about 30 minutes by myself.

If anyone needs a pre mid 2014 pre drilled stainless steel plate with machined nut plates and articulating arm new in the box, PM me. Yep, I put the wrong one together first.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9rdndsb7u...25.09.jpg?dl=0
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for that post Chuck - I'll almost surely follow yall's lead with that project!

(And good job on the photo posts - that worked fine - just missed highlighting "Photo 8" when linking the next to last one.)
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #3
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
One question: do you think it will need padding on the top and bottom of the housing box to allow for vertical bouncing?
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:24 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Here is photo 8. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5eqhiviy2g...15.19.jpg?dl=0
Sorry I missed that, it is hard to see the photos posted until you post the thread. Not the best way to post photos, for sure.

The articulating mount is pretty rugged and I don't think there will be any up and down travel. I have talked with a couple of members that have made the trip up north and back and they have not had a problem.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:22 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Very nice, Chuck.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:29 PM   #6

Where do I get some cockpit insulation? Good job Chuck! I did mine over a year ago but bought a new thinner TV. Also purchased a wireless speaker that connects to the TV and can sit it next to us on the table or chair and don't need the TV volume up high. Haven't had a problem with vertical movement as the TV rests against the original rubber strips on the door.
Nice to see you posting pictures, everyone was starting to panic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (1).jpg
Views:	224
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	94622   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2 (2).jpg
Views:	258
Size:	291.7 KB
ID:	94623  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3 (1).jpg
Views:	214
Size:	388.9 KB
ID:	94624   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4 (1).jpg
Views:	196
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	94625  

gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:38 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
The cockpit insulation was left over from the rebuild of a Cessna 237 up at my hanger and was in the scrap box. I trade a case of beer for it

Swenster also added a bluetooth speaker for his TV and says it has been the best thing for the MH he has purchased. Nice to hear that two are pleased with the wireless speaker. That might be my next years addition.

Nice job on your installation.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:17 PM   #8

I have the crimson mount in my shop , I ordered it for my tiffin but panasonic has a diferent mount spacing so I bought a diferent mount.(I am now glad I did not send the crimson mount back). I am thinking about removimg the outside stereo and speakers and installing a sound bar to the tv in their place. As part of the sale agreement I will have cat 6 cabeling to each tv and will install a 4x4 hdmi matrix (already purchased). So I will beable touse one blue ray player for all of the tv's .I look forward to seeing yours before I attempt mine
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:47 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Tom, you are smarter than I am. I ordered the Crimson and saw it was the wrong mount for the plate that was made for me. I sent it back before looking and ordered the other mount. I then removed the TV and saw I sent the wrong mount back as the other plate is for the older style TV mount. I then had to order another Crimson to install. I am not as smart as you, I spent twice the price sending mounts back and reordering. If I would have left it in the shop for a week I would have been fine. The older style is still in my shop.

I'll be anxious to see your blue ray setup. The DVD on the outside TV worked OK, I had a fireplace DVD playing when I took the photo. Great idea whoever posted that...a campfire on the outside TV
Old 05-18-2015, 09:01 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
I have the crimson mount in my shop , I ordered it for my tiffin but panasonic has a diferent mount spacing so I bought a diferent mount.(I am now glad I did not send the crimson mount back). I am thinking about removimg the outside stereo and speakers and installing a sound bar to the tv in their place. As part of the sale agreement I will have cat 6 cabeling to each tv and will install a 4x4 hdmi matrix (already purchased). So I will beable touse one blue ray player for all of the tv's .I look forward to seeing yours before I attempt mine
Tom, good idea, I'd been thinking about a 4x4 Matrix also, and I think I could wire it, but how will you transmit the signals from the various remotes? A master remote?
Old 05-19-2015, 04:45 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW8804 View Post
Tom, good idea, I'd been thinking about a 4x4 Matrix also, and I think I could wire it, but how will you transmit the signals from the various remotes? A master remote?
Most of the samsung tv remotes will control a samsung blue ray player the 4x4 matrix includes an ir repeater.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:16 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
Most of the samsung tv remotes will control a samsung blue ray player the 4x4 matrix includes an ir repeater.
It was the repeater that I was wondering about. Thanks.
R
Old 05-19-2015, 05:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW8804 View Post

If you add that to the outside make sure you do insulate the cavity behind it and the tv real well. After insulating at the time I put the new mount in I thought it would cure the inside noise from the outside speakers, wrong. It did help but not enough so I bought a Shift 3 remote speaker. Solved the problem 100%.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
We have a user for the early model 2014 stainless steel mounting plate and articulating mount. Robert, RW8804 has the correct application and we will install it at the Ribbon Cutting get together. Free delivery and installation, can't beat that

Tags
install