Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Ackkk - Don't send 'em back. They're great as they come out of the box. Dimming just makes them better.

I think I'm homing in on the issue. My RV guy only pulled one wire down - the power side. All the dimmers want both the power and the ground. Since my knowledge level is about the same as Rascal's, I won't try to repeat the stuff I've been told since I'd say it wrong and all of you EE's will take me to task. My electrician isn't someone I want on the roof and I don't have access to a good mechanic right now to pull the other line. Stay tuned. It'll happen sooner or later.

And I love the engineer's response. I would pay to take them out to see the lights in action.

But don't get me wrong. The "cool factor" is great - we have people walk by and stop to ask about them. One of our favorite additions.

Of course I have to have a remote so I can grin at iquailhunter....
Emerson,You got it! I will remain on stand-by. Thanks. I should send you my PET-CAM that the cat wears outside so I can see the whole nightmare process in action. I will definitely be having my master electrician reading all of the posts on this thread after we hear from you. Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2014, 11:02 PM   #30

Finally got the Girard LEDs installed with the Dimmer switch and works great.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
How who where etc.? Thinking of ordering and I am so confused.
roboniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
How much does the kit cost?

Dave
Old 03-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #33

$?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunde01 View Post
How much does the kit cost?

Dave
Hey Dave,

I happen to speak to Mauricio yesterday at Girard who told me the current cost of the LED lighting system for the Girards is $255 for the bigger awning and $210 for the smaller plus shipping. Also, yesterday spoke to Paul at Precision who said the entire system installed at their facility is $1,100. Activation switch is mounted in your cabinet above entry door. They can also install the 12V dimmer switch that they have in-house. Also, Paul said 12V ceiling fan in bedroom install is $500. This includes painting blades to the color of your cabinets at $40/blade X4 if you don't want the white which matches the ceiling. I probably should have entered the fan info under a new thread, oops!

Ron.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
IMHO, that's high for the Girards...not the price (~$450 was what they quoted me). The directions they sent me via email look to me to be about a two hour job, tops, if you have the tools. We plan to get the ceiling fan when we go through there this fall; also the induction stove top. Paul told me they're were installing there first about a month ago, but haven't talked to him since. If they use Summitt, we won't buy; too many complaints about the quality of that brand stovetop from Allegro bus new owners. Fagan appears to be tops, but they discontinued the line that went into coaches. Maybe the best is True Induction. Hard to believe that Tiffin would install a model that has less capability than the $80 for two tabletop model you see advertised on TV. We also plan to replace the carpet in our living area to eliminate the seam (like you see in other coach lines...sorry, but the carpet used here and the approach with the seam just looks cheap versus bound carpet.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
IMHO, that's high for the Girards...not the price (~$450 was what they quoted me). The directions they sent me via email look to me to be about a two hour job, tops, if you have the tools. We plan to get the ceiling fan when we go through there this fall; also the induction stove top. Paul told me they're were installing there first about a month ago, but haven't talked to him since. If they use Summitt, we won't buy; too many complaints about the quality of that brand stovetop from Allegro bus new owners. Fagan appears to be tops, but they discontinued the line that went into coaches. Maybe the best is True Induction. Hard to believe that Tiffin would install a model that has less capability than the $80 for two tabletop model you see advertised on TV. We also plan to replace the carpet in our living area to eliminate the seam (like you see in other coach lines...sorry, but the carpet used here and the approach with the seam just looks cheap versus bound carpet.
Dave,

You say that's high for the Girards and not the price they quoted you, but again these were the numbers as of yesterday and $255 + $210 = $465. Not that far off from your $450 quote. I'm just forwarding the total numbers from yesterday for Dave who requested them.

Ron.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
I'm talking the price that Paul wants to install...that's five hours. Having read the instructions, seems to me it shouldn't take a tech more than 2-3 hours.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #37

I gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I'm talking the price that Paul wants to install...that's five hours. Having read the instructions, seems to me it shouldn't take a tech more than 2-3 hours.
Dave,

I don't know about precision's install time, but I am sure they probably have a mark up on the product/kit also.

Ron.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:45 PM   #38

It took a strong 5 hours and then some to install my LEDs
Old 03-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
I tend to agree with Dave. It took about him three hours but that includes fishing time to get the wiring to the cabinet over the Passenger seat. We weren't very efficient at that due to his incompetent helper.

I have the new RF Dimmer, but haven't installed it yet.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:26 AM   #40

First time in the coach in about 3 months---last night used the awning lights to see while I bar-b-qued and then as "soft lights" while we ate (after being interrupted twice by folks walking by to tell us how much they liked our lights)

Emerson, almost wore myself out reaching up to adjust the dimmer when I was on my way back outside with an Modelo Espesiale. But, the good part was I didn't have to spend 20 min. trying to figure out which remote, out of the 8-12 that comes with everything on the coach, and chancing that my beer would get hot trying to find said remote that is assuming that it would be with the rest of the remotes:bang head:

Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep doing things the old fashioned way until you FINALLY get that darned remote working

Tell Cheryl hello, and that we miss HER
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Good things take time........

:-)
Old 03-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
I'm somewhat lost in this thread. My question is has someone either installed or got installed a dimmer system on the FACTORY installed Girard LED lights?
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, install