Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2016, 07:01 AM   #1

Insurance Renewal

Recived renewal notice yesterday, with an increase of $400. Insurance is with Allied thru FMCA. Called and was told , oh your coach is over 36ft now they charge more. It's been over 36ft ever since it left Middlebury in 2013. Has anyone else experiencing this?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2016, 07:10 AM   #2

No, not that EXCUSE, but in 2016, I had substantial, irrational increases in my coach insurance, separately my autos insurance, separately my house insurance, and some rental property insurance. The increases were without any claims, any problems, any financial problems for me...... just "out of the blue" very substantial increases in all of these.... So, I spent 2 full days shopping for insurance. I literally called every company that I could find and spent hours filling out forms and FAXing forms to companies. By the time I was done, I have gotten better rates (and equal or better coverage) in every one of those areas than I had last year.... sometimes substantial reductions. Also, I consolidated a bunch of the stuff and by consolidating, picked up a substantial umbrella policy and the total cost is less than it used to be without the umbrella. I don't know what is going on out there, but it is a big change, and my sense is if you don't carefully review your insurance and "shop" every policy every year, insurance companies are greatly increasing client rates and hoping that the client is preoccupied or distracted and does not notice the huge increase and simply write a bigger check. Good luck.

Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:44 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Insurance companies use every excuse in the world as to why you are getting an increase. Call back Monday and I'll bet you will get a different answer, I know I have.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:54 AM   #4

gone are the days of staying with a company for 30 years. I change every 2-3 years based on my rate increases. Health insurance is the only one I am losing the battle on, it has increased 125% in 3 years.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:30 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I got my home policy renewal a few days ago. Called and had them remove the fine arts coverage since the bottom fell out of the Hummel market. Been a customer of this same company since 1968.
Called The Hartford since I already had them on the vehicles and got what is supposed to be comparable coverage (don't have the paperwork yet) for about $1,000 a yr less.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:50 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Please take note of the Community rules regarding political posts I grant you posts and replies to them are easy to make with this topic but let's not go astray, thank you.

There have been political posts removed as well as replies or quotes of them.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:36 PM   #7

I had my company quote the 2014 Entegra we are getting compared to the 2006 Phaeton we are trading. I was expecting it to more than double, the 2006 Phaeton was $454 a year, 2014 Entegra is $794 a year. I can live with that, considering the differences in coaches!!!!!
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:39 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaspiveys View Post
I had my company quote the 2014 Entegra we are getting compared to the 2006 Phaeton we are trading. I was expecting it to more than double, the 2006 Phaeton was $454 a year, 2014 Entegra is $794 a year. I can live with that, considering the differences in coaches!!!!!
That sounds cheap. Who is the insurer?
Old 10-24-2016, 09:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
That sounds cheap. Who is the insurer?
Farm Bureau of TN, Been with them 12 years and have all of my cars, home and life with them. I re-quote them ever 2 years against the competition, even had an independent agent try to beat their rates this year and no one has ever come close.....so I stay with them.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:42 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have you tried National General Insurance? (Used to be GMAC Insurance.

Recreational Vehicle Insurance Quotes | RV and Motor Home Insurance Coverage & Rates| National General Insurance

We have had them since 2003 with no big jumps in monthly premiums. They also have full replacement coverage for the first 5 years of your coach.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:26 PM   #11

National General Insurance

I just saw an ad for RV insurance which turned out to be National General. The quote was half as much as our current so I looked for reviews. Even though these are regarding auto coverage, this site, National General Car Insurance - Reviews, Quotes & Ratings, was enough to convince me not to change. For me, it isn't worth taking a chance.
lce3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:31 PM   #12

And if it is on the internet it must be true....
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post
And if it is on the internet it must be true....
Seriously?? And this is helpful how?

I'm new here and thought it was supposed to be a helpful, and friendly, community. I was very interested when I saw that National General was half as much as current. However, I also research things before I make a leap. When I found the insurance review site, there were too many negatives for me to ignore and I thought that sharing would be helpful.

I'm not saying these reviews are true, and I'm not saying that National General is bad.

If someone wanted to give helpful feedback, it would be examples of how National General was responsive to claims and handled them quickly and fairly.

My MH is too important to worry about a sub-standard insurance company if I have to submit a claim.
lce3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:43 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Interesting insurance note: Good Sam would not quote me on insurance because they have a value limit of $125,000. So forget Good Sam if your coach is worth more than that.

Tags
insurance