Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2017, 09:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Nobody can prevent a Stinker from entering its chosen winter warm spot.

If you fumigate them, they do die, and forever remain, in your walls and such, as well as any other critters.
Added insulation.😀
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2017, 09:08 AM   #16
IC2

We picked up a hoard of them in Virginia last fall. I built this little gadget - and it works: . There are commercial versions ($$) that may be better, but to date haven't tried one.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Amazing the things we can learn on Youtube. Thanks for sharing that.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #18

We live in southwest Ohio and been getting the stinkers for the last 3 or 4 years the biggest entry point for them into our MH has been thru our 2 roof top AC units ,they come in thru the condensate drains then up to the evaporator and then onto the filter media and if they can then into the interior ,so around September for the last 2 years if we are not using the AC'S I have slid foam rubber between the condensate drain exit and the roof to close off their entrance access this has greatly reduced the number of stinkers in our MH.
tizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:20 PM   #19

Okay as a guy that was born and raised in Texas we have, I thought, every kind of pestilence (with scorpions being top of the heap). Other than Lovebugs that get all over the front of the coach and your car when you drive I can't think of anything as bad as what you are talking about here. Please tell me what the hell to do to not get these damn things in the coach. We drove from Texas to Virginia Beach at the end of Oct. in 2015 and stayed until after Thanksgiving. We never saw these stinkbugs. We fell in love with Eastern Tenn. and Western Va. and want to spend more time there for the colors and beauty but how do we avoid these things?

I have noticed a few Ladybugs the last few times we have used the coach (only four or five) but I wonder if we got them on the same trip since we have never had these in the coach before.

In the thirty years we have done the RV thing (starting in 1987 with a pop-up) we always go West to escape the heat to New Mexico and/or Colorado. Miller moths have been bad once or twice but nothing as bad as this sounds.

Doug
AspireDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Doug, from what I have seen posted from those that have done a lot of research on the problem, they have found that Raid Fumigator bug bombs has the insecticide that will kill stink bugs. I am glad you reminded me to put that on my "must carry" list. I understand if you get into an area that has stink bugs, the Raid is constantly sold out.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote