Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2017, 09:41 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Inverter Question

Let's say you deliver the coach for maintence, and remind the facility that the coach needs to be plugged in due to refrigerated food. Now let's assume they fail to plug in the coach, and the batteries run down. What affect does this have on the power delivered on the 110V outlets. What is the minimum voltage that will be drawn from the inverters for other appliances? This discussion is not battery specific, so let's not go there. I only want to know what minimum voltage will be delivered before the inverters drop off line. If it drops to a minimum where loads can be damaged, is there an inverter setting to prevent this, I.e., the inverters shut down before reaching 102V? Lets not discuss the generator either, because if the maintenance facility starts the engine, Auto Gen will be disabled.
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2017, 10:00 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The inverter will turn off from low battery voltage. The 120vac output will not be impacted such that any damage to attached devices occurs.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:56 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Here's the answer from Mike O'Connell at Entegra:
The invertor has a LVC (Low Voltage Cutout) setting that we set at the factory that is set to 10V DC. Until the batteries reach this voltage the inverter should put out 120 VAC. Once the LVC has been met, the inverter will shut off completely and no 120 VAC will be put out.*
Old 05-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
You want some leeway for a large inverted load so it does not drop the inverter off line prematurely but I think 10.0v is too low. I have mine set at 10.5v.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:48 AM   #5

120v 'power' thru the inverter is not impacted, it is either ON or it's NOT on, it doesn't waiver in power supply.
When the batteries reach a critical low voltage state, though, the inverter WILL notify or alert you that enough voltage is not available to continue, usually with a red light, and sometimes also an audible beeping, and will shut itself down.

to minimize depletion of the batteries to a very low charge, use the LBCO(LowBatteryCutOff) setting... which tells the inverter when YOU want it to shut down power - such as at 11.0volts.

I use our LBCO setting so that we are alerted to a potential failure of the AGS(AutomaticGenertorStarter), to start and recharge the batteries, as that the batteries have fallen to a critical low level. I don't want the issue of the batteries dropping too low for me to then not be able to start the Generator manually.
It's like a back-up to the back-up.

- if you have shore power, and it is lost, such as during a storm, your inverter will take over and use the battery power/voltage to continue supplying power to your 120v items.
- if your AGS is enabled, and set to start at a certain low battery voltage, such as 12.0v, then it will kick on and start recharging the batteries, thru the Charger, if the shore power is not restored.
- if the AGS is not set up, or is not able to fire up the generator, then the LBCO will cut off the inverter, to preserve the batteries if they have reached a critically low voltage, potentially saving you from dead batteries, though your fridge will suffer if power is not eventually restored.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:41 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks, I'll set my LBCO at 10.5V ...it was 10.0V.

Tags
inverter