Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
iPad Control Center

I have a 2013 Anthem on order, but considering upgrading my order to a 2013 Cornerstone. Does anyone have any idea of what the iPad Control Center is that costs a little over $5,000? Never seen this option in any motor home?

motorhomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhomeguy View Post
I have a 2013 Anthem on order, but considering upgrading my order to a 2013 Cornerstone. Does anyone have any idea of what the iPad Control Center is that costs a little over $5,000? Never seen this option in any motor home?
Millinium Coach use them.

bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #3

It can control all of the interior lighting, shades, the outside awning etc. Sounds like an expensive software package and connecting hardware to add to a $500 iPad but it would be nice to have and not a lot considering the price of a new coach. All just my opinion.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #4

I agree with Gene On the Ipad option for the cornerstone.
I don't know when you ordered your Anthem, but if it's been awhile, you'll end up waiting a little longer for the Cornerstone. There talking 5+ months unless they add more help to production again.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #5

Quote:
IMHO, the 600HP Cornerstone on a Spartan K3, with all the Cornerstone enhancements is with out a doubt, the deal of the year!! Hands down>>>
Old 04-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. I've managed to learn a little about the iPad System, the distributor has some information here - 2011 RVIA Show | Firefly Integrations
It's kind of neat, just not sure if it's worth all that much and how problematic it might be after time. Concerning production, we ordered the Anthem in early March and it is due to begin production in May. I was told I would have to change the order by the first of May if I plan on switching to a Cornerstone. I was told if I switched, the Cornerstone delivery is estimated to be September...
Old 04-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

The 2013 Cornerstone is indeed a super deal. The 600 HP K3 chassis was made standard and the price was reduced $52,000 over the 2012 K2 version.

The iPad uses a wifi interface to a network controller that interfaces with the multiplex wiring system andallows access to the shadeds, lights, etc that are controlled by the various multiplex switch panels. It's a neat system but as far as cost effectiveness - that's debateable. Then again, when spending that much on a coach another toy is just a small percent.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Mark, do you have any idea if they are integrating the system to the chassis functions, i.e. engine and AC & DC electrical functions? If the did, that would be a really gee-whiz system.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
I can see the headlines now: "Wife crushed when lazy husband retracts slide from outside"

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Mark, do you have any idea if they are integrating the system to the chassis functions, i.e. engine and AC & DC electrical functions? If the did, that would be a really gee-whiz system.
No, the iPad wifi system only interfaces with the coach's multiplex wiring controllers. It does not interface with the J1939 data buss that the chassis/ECM/TCM use.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I can see the headlines now: "Wife crushed when lazy husband retracts slide from outside"
The iPad wifi system doesn't interface with the slideout mechanisms because they are not part of the multiplexed system. However, the slideouts do come with a remote control that can be used to operate the slideouts from anywhere inside or outside the coach. That's a handy feature because the operator isn't tethered to a control panel and can walk to the slideout to ensure everything is clear when the slides are operated. You can also operate them from outside the coach. That can be very helpful when extending the slides and you're not sure if there's adequate clearance to pedestals, trees or whatever.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
This video shows the slides being controlled from outside on an iPad. If you can't eyeball the distance from the side of the coach to an obstruction to visualize the extended slide, you sure shouldn't be behind the wheel!

Also, the bad acting and visual beauty of the 'campsite' smacks of Elkhart, IN, I spent 2 years living there in the late 60's.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I can see it now on CSI National Park Service
Old 04-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #14

Ron,

If you are all excited about the IPad Control Center, just ask for this option for your Anthem.

Cost is the same $5,100. Wiring is the same as the Cornerstone. At one time Entegra was saying they would do it as a "hidden option". I don't know now what they would say today, call Tad.

Rob & Victoria
2011 Entegra Aspire 42RB