Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
iPad controls - iPhone App

My wife and I purchased a 2015 Anthem on July 1 from MHSRV. We had a 2013 Aspire and loved it but had some issues with it and decided to trade up. We love our new Anthem. I really like the Ipad controls and I just wanted to let everybody know that there is an app available that allows you put the same controls on your iphone; which I've done; works perfectly. You can also download the ipad app and have multiple ipads.
donkhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #2
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkhris View Post
My wife and I purchased a 2015 Anthem on July 1 from MHSRV. We had a 2013 Aspire and loved it but had some issues with it and decided to trade up. We love our new Anthem. I really like the Ipad controls and I just wanted to let everybody know that there is an app available that allows you put the same controls on your iphone; which I've done; works perfectly. You can also download the ipad app and have multiple ipads.
good to know.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Did you pay an extra $5000 for the iPad equipment on your Anthem?

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
yes, it was an added option...
Old 08-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Does anyone know exactly what hardware is included in the $5000 iPad option?

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard. Congrats on the new rig and thanks for the info. Enjoy your travels and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:21 PM   #7

What is the app called? Is it the $99.00 one on iTunes?
ItsWhatWeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisgeiger View Post
Does anyone know exactly what hardware is included in the $5000 iPad option?

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
to the best of my knowledge...it comes with a wifi router, ipad and brain to which the wifi router is connected. It's my understanding they intend to add features that it will control and/or monitor in the future. i think it was a $3000.00 dealer option.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWhatWeDo View Post
What is the app called? Is it the $99.00 one on iTunes?
yes, i think so...but before you buy it check with Firefly/Crestron. When I purchased my coach the tech conducting the walkthrough contacted them and I was able to download the app without charge.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
So I got an initial look. The iPad is connected to a Crestron box (with antenna) that is hardwired into the controls of many functions on the coach. It doesn't do this by magic, but Creston is a proprietary software package put on the iPad which communicates wireless to the Crestron box. There is also a firefly box located in the same area; I haven't had the opportunity to dig into the connectivity, but I suspect since Firefly is involved with the Simplex wiring package, my guess (as the boxes are side by side and the iPad controls shades and lights) that they are connected. My guess is the iPhone connects wireless to the same Crestron hardware box.

So now your question is ... can I buy this for my coach and for less money... I'm betting not yet, because there is proprietary software involved. Let's face it, an iPad costs $400-600. The dealer cost for this option is a little over $3k...so the money has to be going somewhere for something. JMHO and what little I know thus far; however, DW installed a coded Crestron system in USSTRATCOM headquarters conference room several years ago to control computers,screens, lights, etc...it wasn't cheap.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:01 PM   #11

My wife and I purchased an anthem as well. The selling dealer said the IPod was included in the price.
The unit came in and two weeks ago they informed me they were only giving me the IPad and nothing that actually comes from Entegra.
Can I buy an App?
This dealer is very shady and I wish I would have walked away.
indycoltsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:07 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycoltsguy View Post
My wife and I purchased an anthem as well. The selling dealer said the IPod was included in the price.
The unit came in and two weeks ago they informed me they were only giving me the IPad and nothing that actually comes from Entegra.
Can I buy an App?
That is a shame....it should have been listed on the purchase order as an option. I don't think it will solve your problem, but you might talk to Entegra sales, explain your problem, maybe they can backlit. I don't now all the particularly of how it is wired into the coach.

That said, they need the message about the shady sales dealings, because their order invoice would have to have the iPad option in it if the coach was ordered with it. They had to know one way or the other.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #13

Will be prepping a 15 Anthem tomorrow did not look and see if it had the I Pad option. The Cornerstone I did a couple weeks back was pretty cool I am looking forward to spending some time at the factory this winter learning these units better.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycoltsguy View Post
Can I buy an App?
yes. you can get the iphone app from Itunes app store. It's the Crestron Mobile Pro in the app store. I think it's $100.00...but, I'd call Firefly/Crestron before I bought it and explain your situation and I think they'll (Firefly) let you download it (your dealer is right...Entegra doesn't have the app) for free. it works great. The Firefly guys were super helpful. also, if you have Dish (as we do) you have to get your ipad set up to operate it...I'm not sure about directv. Regardless, the system is easy to use and iphone app is a good addition to the ipad. We've only used this option since we purchased our coach on July 1 (our 2013 Aspire didn't have it) but we really like it. It controls must functions of the coach. we especially like that we turn on/off lights, dish sat/ tv, sound bar, etc. I hope they upgrade it to add other system monitors.