Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2019, 05:18 PM   #1

Irregular readings on 2017 Anthem Vegatouch

We're having an issue in our 2017 Anthem with faulty readings on our vegatouch. The faulty readings are causing issues with using our appliances / air conditioners / heaters. We're getting messages on our vegatouch indicating we have insufficient power to run certain items while using our generator. Our inverters are also periodically tripping and must be manually reset.

We are getting extremely high readings under the DC Power on our Vegatouch (such as 1359 amps) usually when we are disconnecting from electricity or turning off our generator.

We've contacted both Entegra and Firefly and have had the coach in the shop, but so far there has been no resolution.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
Cjssaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2019, 11:10 PM   #2

We had a very similar issue. It was the communication wire that was badly crimped by firefly in the electric bay behind the electric cord real. Move it around when you are getting the error and you’ll see. Was very hard to find this issue!

I also found that most of my breakers were loose and not fastened properly. But this was not the cause of the issue. Just found it as I was ripping my 2018 cornerstone apart....

Hope this helps you!
ChuckGirard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:28 AM   #3

Response

[QUOTE=ChuckGirard;5069602]We had a very similar issue. It was the communication wire that was badly crimped by firefly in the electric bay behind the electric cord real. Move it around when you are getting the error and you’ll see. Was very hard to find this issue!

I also found that most of my breakers were loose and not fastened properly. But this was not the cause of the issue. Just found it as I was ripping my 2018 cornerstone apart
Thank you Chuck
Old 12-10-2019, 08:31 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
One issue with the early 17's was the mis wiring of the phases in the electrical panels over the drivers seat. It was causing the same issues you are reporting. Yes, this is a long shot as it was an easily identified and corrected issue. Since you have it in the shop this would be easy for them to check.

Please let everyone know what the issue was when corrected.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #5

Thank you for your help fullness. Will check that out
Old 12-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Periodically I would have erratic voltage readings on my Vegatouch. No one including techs at Middlebury could find the problem. NIRVC in Lewisville found the problem. Neither of the main incoming legs had been secured in the breaker box. above driver. Scary...Arching... Shut off power and torqued the set screws. No more Vega problems.
dcphil_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:19 PM   #7

Thank you DC Phil. Just wondering what kind of unit you have. I didn't know there were main lugs above driver
Old 12-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjssaws View Post
Thank you DC Phil. Just wondering what kind of unit you have. I didn't know there were main lugs above driver
The circuit breaker panels above the drivers seat on the class A Entegras.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:32 PM   #9

Okay thank you

Tags
anthem