Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-21-2016, 05:31 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
rarebear.nm's Avatar


 
Excel Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 1,821
At least in New Mexico there has been a state tax credit in addition to the Federal credit. I have no idea if other states also have such a credit.
__________________

__________________
Fred & Denise (RVM157) New Mexico
2007 Excel Classic 30RSO, 1050W Solar
2007 RAM 3500, Diesel, 6Spd Auto, SWD, 4x4, CC & LB
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2016, 06:53 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western NY
Posts: 3,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
At least in New Mexico there has been a state tax credit in addition to the Federal credit. I have no idea if other states also have such a credit.

Fred brings up a good point. Check to see if your state allows the solar credit against your state income tax. NY does have a solar credit but it only counts if the solar is on your principal residence. Other states may be more lenient on the qualifications.

If the credit or the deduction is available then we should be taking them. Everything that we have discussed so far is in regards to the federal income tax only, but a lot of us pay some pretty hefty state taxes also and if there are credits or deductions available then we should be taking advantage of them.

Ed
__________________

__________________
2011 Berkshire 390bh (traded) 2018.5 Entegra Aspire 44R
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:00 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
sweetandsour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 235
To those of you who are taking the federal solar credit, is this a legitimate deduction. My tax preparer says the first question on the form asks if it is your primary residence and the address. Any guidance from those of you that have.
__________________
Steve
'16 Anthem 42 DEQ
sweetandsour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:40 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western NY
Posts: 3,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsour View Post
To those of you who are taking the federal solar credit, is this a legitimate deduction. My tax preparer says the first question on the form asks if it is your primary residence and the address. Any guidance from those of you that have.
Your tax preparer is confused regarding the solar credit. The questions in regards to primary residence are related to the fuel cell credit. He or she only needs to fill out the top part of the form 5695 which applies to the solar credit. The fuel cell credit from line 7 on down is a totally different credit.

They may be using a similar software to mine. The first question on the screen for the credit is in regards to things like windows and furnaces and so on. The solar credit can be taken on any property. Have then check out the form 5695 and they'll be able to see how the credit works.

Ed
__________________
2011 Berkshire 390bh (traded) 2018.5 Entegra Aspire 44R
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:40 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
sweetandsour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 235
Thanks. I will pass that info on.
__________________
Steve
'16 Anthem 42 DEQ
sweetandsour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:00 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
sweetandsour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Your tax preparer is confused regarding the solar credit. The questions in regards to primary residence are related to the fuel cell credit. He or she only needs to fill out the top part of the form 5695 which applies to the solar credit. The fuel cell credit from line 7 on down is a totally different credit.

They may be using a similar software to mine. The first question on the screen for the credit is in regards to things like windows and furnaces and so on. The solar credit can be taken on any property. Have then check out the form 5695 and they'll be able to see how the credit works.

Ed
Thanks again. Called my guy and after reading him your explaination he got it. Had just misinterpreted the form.
__________________
Steve
'16 Anthem 42 DEQ
sweetandsour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:38 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western NY
Posts: 3,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsour View Post
Thanks again. Called my guy and after reading him your explaination he got it. Had just misinterpreted the form.
You're welcome. Glad I could help. I'm pretty much useless on anything mechanical so if I can help out fellow RVers with what I do know then I'm glad to do it. I like the idea of legally saving tax money and let's face it, we have a very expensive hobby/lifestyle!
__________________

__________________
2011 Berkshire 390bh (traded) 2018.5 Entegra Aspire 44R
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
panel, solar, solar panel, solar panels



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tax credit for solar panels FRasco Going Green 9 11-16-2015 06:22 PM
Pentagon Federal Credit Union credit card MPH RV'ing On A Budget 3 09-29-2015 06:07 AM
Give credit where credit is due... Bespos Class A Motorhome Discussions 8 03-13-2014 02:04 PM
PEN FED credit card - how to max the 5% credit vsheetz RV'ing On A Budget 12 01-21-2014 07:03 PM
solar electric specialties solar panels soybeans Monaco Owner's Forum 1 10-25-2012 07:09 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.