Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2017, 08:42 PM   #1

Is Entegra over selling its production capacity?

Seems everyone who has recently ordered a coach is seeing a 3-4 month wait or longer before delivery is expected. Is Entegra over selling their production capacity and at what point do they say we are full on X line X floor plan for 2018? Or would they?
Bama96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2017, 09:56 PM   #2

If it stays that way much longer they will likely hire more workers and raise production back to a higher level. JMHO
Old 09-28-2017, 09:58 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
If it stays that way much longer they will likely hire more workers and raise production back to a higher level. JMHO

Possibly at the sacrifice of quality.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:00 PM   #4

Likely I would say!
Old 09-28-2017, 10:11 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Production cycles are cyclic through out the year. The hard part is to stay on the median of the curve. Above or below and you lose money.
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:52 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
C'mon folks...does it always have to be a half full cup. What happens if they decrease production ... TO IMPROVE QUALITY ... I mean really? THE PRICE GOES UP, UP, UP. And it already is going up 10-20% a year.

Sure, if they hire more people to up production from 2.5 to 3.5 - 4 a day, it will take a bit of time to get them trained in the production line...maybe just maybe, they are keeping production where it is at...with a three to four month wait for a coach

Oh, BTW, we ordered our first Entegra in mid-Sep 2012 and it delivered...mid-Dec 2012...a three month wait. That delivery time has changed little in the last 5 years. But I guess that is just real numbers based upon proven delivery times! JMHO

P.S. If you don't believe in the company, buy a Newmar. They sell them at NIRVC as well!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:07 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
They are available with no wait off the lot at large dealers. Last time I was at Lazydays there were more than a dozen awaiting sale. Part of the long wait time is that dealers are buying so much of the production for their inventory. Buyers only need to wait if they insist on getting only the exactly what they want for model, colors, and options. In my case I could have bought a 2017 off the lot but I wanted a 2018 and none had been built yet and I wanted different interior and options than the same model that was in stock.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:00 AM   #8

Chester is just excited guys, easy does it.

For the 7 years we've been into RVing, the wait times have been pretty consistent at around 3-4 months for an ordered coach. This is true with Entegra and Tiffin.

One factor is when you ordered it.

Ordering right now ensures a slower delivery because they will likely bump into the holidays.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:29 AM   #9

Chester, in our case I requested that they not deliver the coach for six months. I have no need for a coach here in our Buffalo winters with me working 60 hour weeks in tax season. I can't speak for others but that is our situation.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:39 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure of the exact impact, but the two hurricanes may introduce further wait times as dealers say 'I'm your biggest customer, put me in front'

I know they've already put wait times on boats out to 2019 or beyond - charter companies and individuals are needing replacements.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:57 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Is Entegra over selling its production capacity?

Being in the Indiana area the past few months visiting relatives I can also add the employment problem in the area is critical. Trying to staff any increase in production will be difficult in this area. Keeping workers is already a problem. It’s a problem I suspect is also related to the quality control issues that seem rampant at the area manufacturers.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:10 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
C'mon folks...does it always have to be a half full cup. What happens if they decrease production ... TO IMPROVE QUALITY ... I mean really? THE PRICE GOES UP, UP, UP. And it already is going up 10-20% a year.

Sure, if they hire more people to up production from 2.5 to 3.5 - 4 a day, it will take a bit of time to get them trained in the production line...maybe just maybe, they are keeping production where it is at...with a three to four month wait for a coach

Oh, BTW, we ordered our first Entegra in mid-Sep 2012 and it delivered...mid-Dec 2012...a three month wait. That delivery time has changed little in the last 5 years. But I guess that is just real numbers based upon proven delivery times! JMHO

P.S. If you don't believe in the company, buy a Newmar. They sell them at NIRVC as well!
At this time Newmar has orders booked all the way out to next spring (April or May). In fact, they are so backlogged that they skipped going to the big Open House dealer show in Elkhart this year. Newmar actually has more coaches on the ground at dealerships than Entegra so all these new orders are going to create a glut of both new and leftover coaches on the lot next spring when it's time for the 2019s to roll out. Should be some good deals coming for buyers from dealers who overbought and need to move iron fast.

All this to show that I don't see Newmar's quality changing for the worst because of this, even though they are more backlogged than Entegra, so I don't expect Entegra quality to change either. In fact, the latest batch of coaches I saw at the factory this month looked to be better than ever as far as QC goes.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:38 AM   #13

I wonder if the large backlog of orders at Entegra and Newmar both will delay the release of the 2019 models. I believe that both manufacturers start their next year's production in late January or early February so a backlog into March or April would have to change that schedule pretty well.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:59 AM   #14

I also see pages and pages of 2018 Entegras for sale ... does not seem like there's any shortage to me..
The n fact in looks to mea as there flooding the market which is not good for any of our present and future values. Jmo
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sell, entegra