RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2019, 10:32 AM   #1

Is the Entegra REALLY super quiet and smooth riding?

Hi,

First post... As members of this forum group must surely know, Entegra states it is the quietest and best handling motorhome period.

My wife and I are really interested in purchasing a coach that is TRULY VERY quiet and VERY smooth riding down the interstate - even our rough and bumpy interstate highways.

We have talked to some non-Entegra owners and have ridden in two and they shake, rattle, and roll down the interstate highway. Do Entegra coaches ride more like a car?

I have read this forum and would really appreciate the perspective of Entegra owners who have also owned or test driven other brands. Unfortunately we are not close to an Entegra dealership.

One other thing... In reading the details on Entegra's website, I see the Anthem chassis will go to 365 tires soon. Thoughts on ride effect?

Wondering if anything shy of a Prevost Bus is really smooth and quiet.

THANK YOU so much for any detailed replies

RVtheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2019, 10:56 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I'm on my second Entegra and have owned a few other brands before. I'm on my second Entegra, 3rd including the Travel Supreme and it's why it's the third. Quite, smooth riding, best insulation, (part of being quite) and a 2 year warranty backed by top notch customer service.
Test drive a brand X in the same price range, then drive an Entegra. That will answer any questions. Bring your checkbook.
Here is an App that is handy when taking test drives https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...skypaw.decibel

I'm on 365 tires now. Improved the ride quality, more rubber between you and the road.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Best ride and quietest will be a Prevost conversion. Below that I'd be looking at a Country Coach on the Dynomax semi-monocoque chassis along with Foretravel. Then you'd need to test each one with a sound meter and driving on a known closed course. The Newmars and Entegra's should be pretty close.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I don’t know what your experience level is in a motorhome but does an Entegra drive, handle or is quiet as a car, No! Is it quieter and smoother than any coach in its respective category, probably! And I only say probably because I have not ridden in every coach. When you hit crappy highways, it sucks, but it sucks less than most. I’m pretty sure I got rid of one coach because it spent too long on California’s highways!
In the end you will never really know til you drive one. If you go to a national show, there are usually coaches you can test drive.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:31 PM   #5

I’ll have to agree with what Gary says above....Road condition is everything!!

For example, today we drove from Henderson Alabama west on I-10 to Brookshire Texas, about 270 miles. The road was terrible until we hit about 20 or so miles from the Alabama boarder into Texas. We felt and heard a lot of the cracks, pot holes, and expansion joints in the road. This part of I-10 west has been the worst we’ve been on in a long time. We heard the thumping and moving of the slides and some noise from the front end.

When we went through Houston, we heard road noise, due to the cement slabs, mostly from the right front passenger tire although the road was extremely smooth. Must be something with cement slabs. The roads through Houston were some of the best we’ve been on through a major city in a long time.

Road condition as well as the setup of your coach, tire pressure, ride height, and your speed will determine how well your coach sounds and handles. Not all are built the same....

Now coming from a 33’ gas coach, our Anthem drives and rides like a big ole caddy moving down the road. Wouldn’t have any other way.....Love our Anthem!
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:58 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Can only do my compare of Newmar and Entegra - for me, Entegra has a better ride and is a little quieter but the Newmar are very nice. Drive them back to back and pick your winner.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:02 PM   #7

We moved from an '08 Monaco (and a gasser before that) to a 17 Aspire.

I always though the monaco rode really good.
I also always had to stop every hour to "walk the dogs"

I find I can drive the Aspire all day long. With one hand not two, and a smile always.

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:18 PM   #8

What do you do more of - driving or camping? Nobody wants a body beating from the highways but in the end, chances are you're spending far, far more time standing still than moving.

I'd make my priority on the stationary side of things. The 'ride' doesn't matter if the kitchen is inconvenient, the laundry is terrible, the sofa uncomfortable or shower is too small.

If you're making marathon journeys, driving 10 hours a day, that's perhaps another matter....
Old 03-06-2019, 07:59 PM   #9

We have had three other coaches before our 2017 Entegra Anthem. This coach is by far the best we have had. In our others, we could hear conversations outside in campgrounds. Not this one. No sirens either. The insulation and the way it is built keep it warm in the winter,cool in summer. It IS the best riding,quietest,best handling that we have ever had. Entegra has been great at any warranty problems and it is a two year warranty. They will check the coach thoroughly twice in that time and fix whatever is needed. The quality is evident in the construction. They have videos on their website about their construction. It is built on a Spartan Chassis which is built in Charlotte,Mi. About 2hours north on Entegra. They have classes on the chassis that are well worth the $$. Plus they will service it there when it needs it. The classes taught by Big Mike are great.

Good luck on your search.
Bob and Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:44 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
What do you do more of - driving or camping? Nobody wants a body beating from the highways but in the end, chances are you're spending far, far more time standing still than moving.

I'd make my priority on the stationary side of things. The 'ride' doesn't matter if the kitchen is inconvenient, the laundry is terrible, the sofa uncomfortable or shower is too small.

If you're making marathon journeys, driving 10 hours a day, that's perhaps another matter....
Who says you have to choose between good driving and stationary comfort? The Entegra excels at both.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:43 AM   #11

My Travel Supreme at 60mph is about the same noise wise as my Lincoln Navigator at 80mph. Just sayin.

We recently spent a month in a campground where some of our friends were also staying. Not only was the campground wedged between a busy railway and the ever clogged I-5, but it rained all month. Getting to spend time in other coaches and trailers really gave me an appreciation for just how quiet mine was. I'd like to think the newer Entegra coaches are even better.
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:04 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Best Handling ?

You quoted Entegra's tag line "Entegra states it is the quietest and best handling motorhome period."
NOT!! I do believe it is a smooth ride, road dependant as others have mentioned. "Best Handling" No Way. Not on my 2018 Aspire. I'm still dealing Spartan on steering issues which they state are "Design Characteristics" Wanders down the road, can't turn lock to lock. Now before everyone jumps on the "Why would you need to turn Lock to Lock while not moving" Because my home state (Pa) says so.
So, yes it is smooth, somewhat quiet, but certainly not the best handling.
JMHO

Paul
Hivoltmaint. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:14 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry to hear that, Hivolt. My 6 year old Anthem handles beautifully and tracks like it was on rails.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:23 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I have to rephrase my post on your question TRULY VERY quiet and VERY smooth riding down the interstate - even our rough and bumpy interstate highways.

As others have said, nothing MH wise will make terrible Interstates smooth. Due to that factor we try to make our travels as much as we can on the 2 lane and 4 lane highways. Not only more scenic, but much better condition than the Interstates that are beat to death with heavy truck traffic. Just the way we roll.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quiet, entegra