Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #1

It leans to the right

I have 2013 aspire with a solid axle and the front right corner is 1 1/2" lower than the left side. 90 days ago I took it to southern plains cummins for a full service and the ride height adjustment.they did a great job all was level, had the alignment done and all was finally good. 3000 miles later its back for three recalls and the front right corner is again down by 1 1/2". The shop foreman called to let me know the coach was ready but no problem found with ride height, he agrees that it is lower but does not know what to do, he says everything is within spec. I explained the prior repairs and suggested that he call spartan. The shop foreman says they did and all are suggesting that this is an entegra issue not a chassis issue. I don't understand, it was low. It was fixed, now it's low again. I had it full of water,fuel and cargo each time.

Any suggestions or thoughts?
Ahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Have you ever had it weighed on all 4 corners? If everything else is within specs, start with seeing if weights are about the same, left and right sides. Also check and see if you have 3 or 4 ride height adjustment valves. Most only have 3, 2 in back and one in front. Is the right rear corner also 1 1/2" lower than the left?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #3

I vote for YOU to call Spartan and explain the whole problem. I am very skeptical that it is an Entegra problem OR that Spartan would even suggest that. I am guessing they will get you fixed. JMHO
Old 08-27-2013, 05:01 AM   #4

We have the same issue, although I don't have the exact measurement, and Entegra told us at Middlebury two weeks ago that their coaches are lower on the front right side because of the weight they place there (house batteries, refrigerator, etc.). Our ride height was 10 1/4 and 10 1/8 on the front left and right, respectively, when it was tested. Our weights were 6810 and 6755 on the left and right front axles, respectively. Go figure! Still looks wrong to me.
Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:06 AM   #5

What I did notice, however, was that our right rear drive axle is 830 lbs. heavier than the left and that the right tag axle is 605 lbs. heavier than the left, but don't see ho that can affect the front if the back right doesn't lean at all with the extra weight. Still looking for answers.
Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #6

We also have the same issue and have been told by Entegra that this is normal.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Call Spartan and discuss corner weights with them. While Spartan told us in the Owner's class that a corner weight within 1000 lbs is acceptable, the combination of the two weights on the right rear of 1400 lbs seems excessive. The Entegra CS and Spartan CS folks do interact often on issues, but I'd still talk directly with Spartan.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
....Also check and see if you have 3 or 4 ride height adjustment valves. Most only have 3, 2 in back and one in front. Is the right rear corner also 1 1/2" lower than the left?
The OP said he had the solid axle. I like this suggestion for that reason.

If the OP only has a single sensor up front, then it would seem clear his issue is weight @ each side up there.

If, instead, he has ride height adjustment at each side up front, how in the world could it be side-to-side weighting? Those airbags can handle almost anything. With dual adjustments up front, it's gotta be a sensor issue.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahall View Post
I have 2013 aspire with a solid axle and the front right corner is 1 1/2" lower than the left side. 90 days ago I took it to southern plains cummins for a full service and the ride height adjustment.they did a great job all was level, had the alignment done and all was finally good. 3000 miles later its back for three recalls and the front right corner is again down by 1 1/2". The shop foreman called to let me know the coach was ready but no problem found with ride height, he agrees that it is lower but does not know what to do, he says everything is within spec. I explained the prior repairs and suggested that he call spartan. The shop foreman says they did and all are suggesting that this is an entegra issue not a chassis issue. I don't understand, it was low. It was fixed, now it's low again. I had it full of water,fuel and cargo each time.

Any suggestions or thoughts?
Call Spartan or Entegra. There is a simple fix - we had it done at Spartan in Michigan.
slowspokes1 is offline   Reply With Quote