Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #71

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swenster View Post
Just checked our BO tow bar. All those parts you pictured are metal. Used a magnet on everything. Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it very much.
I am Glad yours is steel. Do keep an eye on that part, it is the weak area of that model tow bar. That model tow bar is a poor design if you make tight turns as I have been known to do.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I am Glad yours is steel. Do keep an eye on that part, it is the weak area of that model tow bar. That model tow bar is a poor design if you make tight turns as I have been known to do.
Will do, thanks again!
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #73

Entegra Owners Club
Large drawer under stovetop - slip sliding away!
I've been very frustrated with my kitchen utensils sliding around all over the place in this drawer. The stuff moves around even when we are just camping, not moving. I tried the shelf paper that is supposed to keep things in place with no luck. I found this drawer organizer on Amazon for $28.77. It expands to 23" which works out well. I used my knife block in front of it and lesser used large utensils behind the organizer. I'm very pleased! It is the Lipper International Bamboo Expandable 23-inch Drawer Organizer if anyone else is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3269128009.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	498.0 KB
ID:	50796  
Old 11-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #74

I have had Blue Ix towing products for years and think yhey are a very good company, that said, I would NEVER trust anyone's aluminum tow bsr, not strong enough and does not show dtress cracks well before breaking. Picked up my new Anthem on December, as noted it was higher than other coaches so I had to have a drop hitch. I could not find a really heavy one on short notice so o bought what I could find, BOH mistake, DO NOT do this, get a heavy genuine Blue Ox or equivalent . Long story short it broke and did $2000 damage to my F150 and $4000 damage to my new coach! Moral---slow down and get the right parts.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #75

Entegra Owners Club
That really sucks - so sorry to hear of your luck. "There but for the Grace of God..."
Old 11-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #76

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethLL View Post
Large drawer under stovetop - slip sliding away!
I've been very frustrated with my kitchen utensils sliding around all over the place in this drawer. The stuff moves around even when we are just camping, not moving. I tried the shelf paper that is supposed to keep things in place with no luck. I found this drawer organizer on Amazon for $28.77. It expands to 23" which works out well. I used my knife block in front of it and lesser used large utensils behind the organizer. I'm very pleased! It is the Lipper International Bamboo Expandable 23-inch Drawer Organizer if anyone else is interested.
Great idea! We've loaded ours with spice jars which is working for now since we really don't have a proper cabinet for those small jars. The fact that it is full probably says something about "too many spices" or something.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #77

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Great idea! We've loaded ours with spice jars which is working for now since we really don't have a proper cabinet for those small jars. The fact that it is full probably says something about "too many spices" or something.
We used that little tip out shelve in front of the sink for spices. Didn't hold everything but did get most of them in there.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #78

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
I have had Blue Ix towing products for years and think yhey are a very good company, that said, I would NEVER trust anyone's aluminum tow bsr, not strong enough and does not show dtress cracks well before breaking. Picked up my new Anthem on December, as noted it was higher than other coaches so I had to have a drop hitch. I could not find a really heavy one on short notice so o bought what I could find, BOH mistake, DO NOT do this, get a heavy genuine Blue Ox or equivalent . Long story short it broke and did $2000 damage to my F150 and $4000 damage to my new coach! Moral---slow down and get the right parts.
I learned my lesson with light weight aluminum tow bars, and you are 100% correct that the do NOT show stress cracks. Very good point about the drop hitch. I have a Blue Ox drop receiver and it is showing signs of wear and I will probably replace it with the new coach. The receiver pin hole is wollering out and I don't like the slop.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #79

Suggestion to keep things from sliding around the coach. Get yourself some museum putty or Secure Hold Putty. We use that to keep a kitchen utensil holder, paper towel holder and knife block from moving on our kitchen counters. It does really work and this frees up drawer space. (not one item has come off the counter) We also use the putty in our bathroom to keep the soap dish, toothbrush holder, water pick and reed diffuser from moving.
nosnow222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #80

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnow222 View Post
Suggestion to keep things from sliding around the coach. Get yourself some museum putty or Secure Hold Putty. We use that to keep a kitchen utensil holder, paper towel holder and knife block from moving on our kitchen counters. It does really work and this frees up drawer space. (not one item has come off the counter) We also use the putty in our bathroom to keep the soap dish, toothbrush holder, water pick and reed diffuser from moving.
I use the clear museum putty for the crystal in out hutch (DEQ) but hadn't thought about using it in the bathroom or on the kitchen counter. Good idea, thanks.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #81

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Where did you find clear museum putty?
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #82

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Where did you find clear museum putty?
Here: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ready-Ame...4#.UpjALH23PMI
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #83

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
Thank you, I had the same question and it is now on my "to pickup list".
Old 12-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #84

Entegra Owners Club
After hdgoldie posted about the Bunn coffee maker, we have always wanted to try one, we added one of those with the stainless steel carafe to the Anthem today as well. One less item with glass to worry about. If the Anthem doesn't get here soon, we won't be able to purchase anything else, we are running out of room After someone mentioned how great the gel memory foam pillows were, we tried a couple of those as well. Slept on them last night and they are great!

My Travel Supreme is finally being picked up on Dec 17, so I will have a complete hanger area to move all of the purchased items out of the house to.

Tags
purchase