RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2019, 08:24 AM   #1

It's cold in Dixie tonight (and almost everywhere else)

It sure is cold today in northern Louisiana and from the weatherman, it sounds like everywhere else. For mid-November, these temps are Crazy for this area.... these are mid January to early Feb temps.... not November. AquaHots are working their butts off this morning and will work all day today, tonight, and into tomorrow.

Hope everyone is warm and got their winterization projects done a couple days ago....

Stay warm kids!!

Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2019, 08:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
It sure is cold today in northern Louisiana and from the weatherman, it sounds like everywhere else. For mid-November, these temps are Crazy for this area.... these are mid January to early Feb temps.... not November. AquaHots are working their butts off this morning and will work all day today, tonight, and into tomorrow.

Hope everyone is warm and got their winterization projects done a couple days ago....

Stay warm kids!!

Gary
Global warming Gary. 76 degrees in Tampa at 9:40.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:55 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
86* in Fl and why we hibernate. Not because of the temperatures, but because of the crowds. No more nights out for dinner without an hour wait, and forget about going to Costco. Come on hot humid summer!
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Global warming Gary. 76 degrees in Tampa at 9:40.
The more accurate term is climate change, but let's not conflate "weather" with "climate".

And remember that when the cold pushes down here, the heat was moved elsewhere. It's a closed system.

Will leave it at that as further explanation might be seen as political or as a divisive social issue.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Unfortunately it's been at NIRVC waiting on some parts and I just got it back yesterday. Todd said that our coaches should be good even into the 20s as long as it gets above freezing the next day, but I'd prefer not to test that. I hope to at least get most of the water blown out and some antifreeze dumped in the traps, but I don't know that I'll have time to figure out the refer and washer. Never had to do those in a TT, so they're new to me. And I'm one of those people that takes 10x as long to do things the first time.

Ugh, I don't even know where the HWH bypass is, and as I suspect I'm the only person here with a non-AH HWH I see a call to CS in my future...
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #6

Ugh, I don't even know where the HWH bypass is, and as I suspect I'm the only person here with a non-AH HWH I see a call to CS in my future...

By-pass is on the back side of the WH. I trust you know where that is? Look for 1, 2, or 3 valves. Then google search what to do with them
Old 11-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by schad View Post
...I don't know that I'll have time to figure out the refer and washer...
Washing machine is easy as well. Sounds like you'll be draining the water from the coach anyway. Do that first, put a quart of RV antifreeze into the washer, run it for two minutes on a normal wash cycle, and shut it off. You're done!

Run a double rinse cycle to re-activate it in the spring.

I don't think the fridge needs anything as anything inside it that holds water (icemaker) is designed to be frozen. Just have to drain the icemaker line.

John

Ps. It's in the 60's during the day and 40's at night in the Northern California western Sierra. Very pleasant!
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #8
JJT

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Stay warm kids!!

Gary
Absolutely Gary. We live in central Mississippi, just a little bit north of you, and temp this morning was 28 degrees with a constant wind at 20 mph. Real feel was 20 degrees. Went out to the shop to turn the aqua hot on electric and all 3 zones of the heater to 45. Inside the coach, the temp readings were still in the low 60s. Glad I had the shop insulated when it was built.
JJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:10 AM   #9

We are 20-30 degrees below normal here in WI. With snow. Just another wonderful day......
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:18 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Another not so great day in the RGV. High in the low 40's with rain and 25 MPH winds. Brrrr....

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:34 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Southern AZ...mid 80's, no humidity and no bugs. That should hold me for most of the winter
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
Washing machine is easy as well. Sounds like you'll be draining the water from the coach anyway. Do that first, put a quart of RV antifreeze into the washer, run it for two minutes on a normal wash cycle, and shut it off. You're done!

Run a double rinse cycle to re-activate it in the spring.

I don't think the fridge needs anything as anything inside it that holds water (icemaker) is designed to be frozen. Just have to drain the icemaker line.

John

Ps. It's in the 60's during the day and 40's at night in the Northern California western Sierra. Very pleasant!

What about the water lines to the washer and the water fill solenoids inside the washer? The washer needs to be started so it fills and leaves antifreeze in both the hot and cold solenoid valves. Some of the washers have three solenoid valves I learned so I start mine on Hot then Warm then Cold to protect the solenoid valves which can(will ) be damaged if frozen.

I actually go thru the triple start procedure twice. Once with air to blow out the lines then again with RV antifreeze in the system to make sure. Takes quite awhile to start the cycle then terminate 6 times. It is best to let it run in wash mode with antifreeze in the washer to protect the pump.

The dishwasher is just as finiky but aborts the cycle quicker. The pump and heater in the dish washer all need protection as well as the fill lines and solenoids and drain trap.

I hope I didn't overlook for forget something on our coach as it was 8 this morning outside Detroit. Got to leave earlier!
Old 11-12-2019, 01:52 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
We are 20-30 degrees below normal here in WI. With snow. Just another wonderful day......
14 and sunny sky in northern IL -

But that's our own fault - we could both be down south right now -

sorry Tom - just could not let that violin go by -
Old 11-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by schad View Post
Todd said that our coaches should be good even into the 20s as long as it gets above freezing the next day, but I'd prefer not to test that.
That is absolutely true and you should rest easy. No winterization is needed for an overnight drop in temps that rebounds above freezing. Take a bucket of water and set it outside when a 40 degree day drops to 27 over night and hits 40 the next day. ZERO ice will form.

It's takes days of consistent below freezing temps for your RV, your tanks, your pipes to drop below freezing. It doesn't happen overnight.

It's the air that's 27 degrees - not the ground, not your RV and certainly not your tanks and pipes.

Two full days below freezing with no warm ups above freezing... maybe a little much. But here in Texas it was 63 yesterday, 27 tonight, 40 today, 25 tonight and 50 tomorrow. No worries. We never winterize our coach and have never had an issue.

PS. I've lived in Michigan and Wyoming. I know cold and the need to winterize. I'm just lucky to live in Texas where winterizing isn't a thing.