Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2017, 04:56 PM   #1

Jacks dropping slightly during parking periods

When I have left my coach parked (slides in, no jacks) for a few days/week (haven't figured out the duration of time that causes this) and then I start up the coach to move it the Jacks turn on and I hear the jack motors running (presumably to pull up the jacks that must have dropped a small amount).

I am usually in the driver's seat so I haven't been able to see if they appear to be down a noticeable amount. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

thanks
Van Sayler
2017 Anthem 44b
vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2017, 05:04 PM   #2

I think mine may do that ever-so-slightly after a week or so. When I go to leave, I'll get the flashing lights and alarm from the Equalizer panel. A visual shows all the jacks appear retracted. Pressing the ALL RETRACT button clears the alarm.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:41 PM   #3

Mine also drop just a hair in a week, no big deal.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:49 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I hit the retract EVERY time before departure...just part of departure routine. I think I read on here sometime back that it sets the air bags as well, but that is probably my CRS.

In any event, if you make this part of your departure checklist, it is a good thing; I don't think a minor drop during extended parking is something to worry too much about. I'd just put it on my PDI list and keep an eye on it for the future.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:50 AM   #5

Thanks

Thanks for the advice, I will add retracting to my departure checklist.
vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #6

Same experience with our coach. An auto-retract is part of normal departure.

I am also interested in this from another standpoint: Sitting in one spot with the jacks extended for a week or more. I never notice any lowering or un-leveling of the coach. But, occasionally, over time, I notice an occasional pop or creak or snap noise. Not very loud but I hear it if the coach is quiet. It sounds like a jack moving just so slightly as if it dropped just a few thousands of an inch and stopped. The noise seems to randomly come from different areas which makes me think it is the jacks ever so slowly creeping or relaxing. Given the above it is not something I would classify as wrong (yet) but noticeable non-the-less. Is it just me or just our coach or do others notice it?
Old 01-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Al, mine does the same thing. Not very often, so I don't worry about it. It sounds like someone closing a basement door next door when nobody is around.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Yep, it has got my attention also.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #9

Airetop. Have 2010 aspire having the same trouble was told by Lazydays to change the HDy oil to motorcycle synthetic shock oil . I did it worked fine for a few months and started again. Just living with it
airetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:04 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post
Same experience with our coach. An auto-retract is part of normal departure.

I am also interested in this from another standpoint: Sitting in one spot with the jacks extended for a week or more. I never notice any lowering or un-leveling of the coach. But, occasionally, over time, I notice an occasional pop or creak or snap noise. Not very loud but I hear it if the coach is quiet. It sounds like a jack moving just so slightly as if it dropped just a few thousands of an inch and stopped. The noise seems to randomly come from different areas which makes me think it is the jacks ever so slowly creeping or relaxing. Given the above it is not something I would classify as wrong (yet) but noticeable non-the-less. Is it just me or just our coach or do others notice it?
Al, mine does this as well. Great explanation!! I haven't worried about it, as it seems very slight or very occasional.
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:03 PM   #11

Glad there is one less thing to worry about! What did we do before the internet and sharing information? Thanks for the replies.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #12

When you back in to park pull yellow brake put in neutural. after you hear the air bleed go poof. while the yellow brake is still pulled out touch the d meaning drive. on your shift pad for 2 seconds then put it back in neutural. then shut it off it wont do it anymore,. unless there is a really large climate swing from day to nite it may change a bit also. But as the temperature returns the next day it will go back. That's the only 2 things that will do that. Some people take it in to have valves checked,, etc,, but if you place it in drive for a second b4 shut off it should stop it from sinking. As long as I do this I have let it sit for a couple months if I don't do it I notice in a couple days I have to reset jacks.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:01 PM   #13

After 7-10 days of being parked we hear a noise from the jacks! The noise is intermittent throughout the day.... is this normal or am I not doing something right?
dmm588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmm588 View Post
After 7-10 days of being parked we hear a noise from the jacks! The noise is intermittent throughout the day.... is this normal or am I not doing something right?
dmm588
What is the make/model of the leveling jacks on your coach??
Woodchopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, light