Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2019, 05:10 AM   #1

Kitchen faucet repair

[moderator edit]

'17 Aspire.
It's leaking out the shaft of the cartridge.

Others I've found searching had a blue/red plastic plug you pop off to access an allen screw that holds the handle on.

This one has no plug.

I tried to "unscrew" the handle but that just scratched the finish.

Anyone know how to get the cartridge out?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen faucet.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	266207  
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2019, 08:45 PM   #2

I have Moen faucets that appear to be a similar design. To remove mine the collar under the handle un-screws.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:46 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I rebuilt the Moen fixture for my kitchen sink. I'm not sure it was worth it.

The cartridges aren't cheap. I also needed to source a separate o-ring kit. By time I schlepped around to find the cartridge, ordered the o-ring kit off amazon, and spent quality time in the RV a couple nights cleaning up the valve body and doing the work I'll bet I had at least 4 hours invested. I could've swapped the whole fixture like I did in the bathroom in about 15 minutes. I have to wonder about the integrity of a fixture that craps out in RV service, which sees maybe 2 weeks of use a year. How long will the rebuild last? Don't know but I'm thinking next time I might as well put a cheap chinese/box store fixture in for the same money it costs to rebuild a moen, in 1/10th the time.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark_K5LXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Not sure if this applies to the situations on this thread, but Moen has a limited lifetime warranty. I pulled this off of their web site.

“Limited Lifetime Warranty - If this product fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship at any time during the life of the product, Moen will replace it free of charge, postage-paid. Simply contact Moen at 1-800-BUY-MOEN for replacement information.”
Old 11-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grower15 View Post
Not sure if this applies to the situations on this thread, but Moen has a limited lifetime warranty. I pulled this off of their web site.

“Limited Lifetime Warranty - If this product fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship at any time during the life of the product, Moen will replace it free of charge, postage-paid. Simply contact Moen at 1-800-BUY-MOEN for replacement information.”
Thanks for posting that, I replaced one under the warranty but had forgotten it..
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:16 AM   #6

This is a moen faucet?

I'm finding nothing searching here for faucet's in Entegra's, other than that classic's used huntington brass faucets. There is no logo anywhere on it. It doesn't look like any Moen I've seen before.

I'm not finding any plugs or set screws to get this thing apart, and it's leaking all over the counter.

The only marking on it seems to be "A112.18.1M" which is a federal AMSE performance standard relating to things that handle drinking water. There are no logos or other identifying marks.

If I knew what brand it is I could find some instructions.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:57 AM   #7

More searching (Though I still haven't found a picture so cannot verify) Is that these faucets come from "Dehco", a distributor in Elkhart that imports cheep chinese crap this is unrepairable and has no repair parts available.

Can anyone confirm this?

Entegra Customer Service has not responded to the email I sent them last Thursday.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:14 AM   #8

Time for a trip to the local big box. Toss the crap that came with the coach and get a brand name faucet. At least that way you'll know where you can get repair parts next time.
steve52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:15 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, I had Huningtion Brass in the Classic. I replaced it twice under warranty and had third one ready to go that I gave to the new owner. The 19 also has Chinese knock offs of Delta faucets. If one starts to go bad, I will just replace it with a real Delta, they look the same.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:40 AM   #10

Entegra CS is open today. The faucet is a Patrick Demho 20-5561.

He's trying to find a parts breakdown or repair procedure, but I doubt it.

I was really hoping to fix the leaker easy from above the counter today.
I guess it will be another day, from underneath.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, it was posted here a while back that one of the box stores had direct replacement cartridges store brand cartridges for like $8.00. Might want to look for that post and see if it will help.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:24 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Jim,

I've been trying to solve my Kitchen faucet low pressure for a couple of trips now. I don't believe my collar around the handle is removable either, and I have not found a cartridge.

I removed the faucet last week and brought it home, and took it apart as far as I could. I found the little white plastic center piece in the head of the faucet to be very clogged up, and it was difficult to see. This part has about 3 sections that will snap apart, and you can rinse each piece and clean it up. I did remove some of the flow resistors where the water lines connect, and when I get back to the USA next week, I will re-install the faucet and see if it works normal.

I had a batch of algae in my fresh water tank earlier in the year, and I believe it was what clogged my sink. I use my pump to drain my fresh water tank after some trips, and let the kitchen sink run. My fresh water pump filter was also very clogged, but I could not figure out the sink. Hope that fixed it, or I will buy a new fixture.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Jim, it was posted here a while back that one of the box stores had direct replacement cartridges store brand cartridges for like $8.00. Might want to look for that post and see if it will help.
Thanks Chuck. The problem is I can't figure out how to get it apart. There should be a small screw that holds the handle on, possibly under a blue|red rubber plug.

Ain't no such thing.

If I could get the cartridge out, I'd take it to Lowes and match it up.

CS sent me some parts breakdowns, but none of them match up to my faucet.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Jim,

I've been trying to solve my Kitchen faucet low pressure for a couple of trips now. I don't believe my collar around the handle is removable either, and I have not found a cartridge.

I removed the faucet last week and brought it home, and took it apart as far as I could. I found the little white plastic center piece in the head of the faucet to be very clogged up, and it was difficult to see. This part has about 3 sections that will snap apart, and you can rinse each piece and clean it up. I did remove some of the flow resistors where the water lines connect, and when I get back to the USA next week, I will re-install the faucet and see if it works normal.

I had a batch of algae in my fresh water tank earlier in the year, and I believe it was what clogged my sink. I use my pump to drain my fresh water tank after some trips, and let the kitchen sink run. My fresh water pump filter was also very clogged, but I could not figure out the sink. Hope that fixed it, or I will buy a new fixture.
Mark, did you ever get as far as the cartridge?
Mine is leaking, drops of water coming out the shaft of the cartridge onto the counter.

Tags
repair, air