Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2015, 07:28 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
I had slide toppers on my winnebago and have them on my tiffin pine needles seem to collect inside the metal covers
Same thing on my Entegra.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
I may decide on price . It looks to me good extendable ladders run about$300 -$400. I am suposed to get a price on factory installed ladder tomorrow . Tiffin and winnebago offer the ladder as an option $2-$300 range.
Tom, $239 on Amazon, free shipping. Xtend & Climb 785P Aluminum Telescoping Ladder Type I Professional Series, 15.5-Foot - Xtend And Climb - Amazon.com

I also use split pieces of pool noodle Velcro-ed in place. Easy to put the ladder on the side to clean pine needles out of the slide toppers.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:04 PM   #17

I'm not getting on the roof but somebody has to so I would rather have a ladder I know the tech can get up on. I also don't need to worry about him leaning one against the side.
I also think it looks nice ( Just Me)
I bought the ladder at a Jayco dealer in La. Got the number from CS. They also sent layout of backing that's in back of coach.
Whole deal was less than $400.00 I'm pretty sure.
Texas Jim 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #18

I called Entegra to schedule getting a ladder installed they referred me to Precision Paint I am scheduled to have the ladder installed June 1 ladder cost around 300.00 with 1 hour install time. Can't wait to finally wash my roof so the coach will stay clean after I wash it.
1thomason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Any type of ladder to reach the roof is important. We lost an AC capacitor in Tybee Island GA with my old coach when it was 95 degrees out. Finally found a residential AC tech that had one....he showed up, but no ladder to get on the roof to install it. Thankfully I had one and the problem was fixed in 10 minutes.

What every you decide for a ladder, do get one, you may only need it once, but if you don't have it you might have to cancel that leg of your trip until a roof type repair can be made.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:31 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Any type of ladder to reach the roof is important.

What ever you decide for a ladder, do get one, you may only need it once, but if you don't have it you might have to cancel that leg of your trip until a roof type repair can be made.
X2
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #21

I was glad to see the ladder on back of the Aspire that we pick up this Saturday. I get up on my roof frequently to check for potential problems and I crawl underneath looking for leaks. I just can't help myself..... I'm always looking for potential problems before they get worse.

I also carry a "little Giant" ladder because when I get bored I start drinking "Jack" and waxing the rig. I guess it's my hobby.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:46 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
"Jack" and ladders don't mix well.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #23

I seem to feel the need to get on the roof just out of curiosity to "see how things are" so I wanted a ladder on our Anthem. The Entegra dealer in Grand Rapids, Michigan, ordered the OEM Anthem ladder and quoted $350 for the ladder and install. The Entegra factory quote for the ladder was about $400 installed. I had the dealer in GR get the ladder and drop it off at the powder coater (for an extra $100) so it is now satin black instead of chrome. I has to be installed, yet. We are in that are on May 5 so that is hopefully when I get the ladder. I am nervous about wrecking the look of the rear but toad kind of breaks it up anyway.....

Anyway, now I will be able to get on the roof without dragging out the Little Giant which is the gold standard for ladders in my experience.
jestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:07 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Jestal

I really want to see a pic of that powder coated ladder installed. I'm thinking about copying you!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:23 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Speaking of ladders.......there was one the the cheap telescoping ladders at the hanger, not the Extend & Climb. Don't get one of those, they do collapse, the locks are not positive.. As of yesterday I am speaking from experience. From now on, I will get the good Extend & Climb out of the basement.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:29 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Speaking of ladders.......there was one the the cheap telescoping ladders at the hanger, not the Extend & Climb. Don't get one of those, they do collapse, the locks are not positive.. As of yesterday I am speaking from experience. From now on, I will get the good Extend & Climb out of the basement.
Sounds like something bad might have happened. Are you OK?
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:58 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in FL View Post
Sounds like something bad might have happened. Are you OK?
Thankfully it was only one section and it was just a short "scarry" ride. I did have pool noodle pieces on the ladder so no damage. I won't be riding that piece of junk anymore.

Thanks for asking Bill. Just wanted to advise others there is a reason those cheap telescoping ladderes that are only $175.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:34 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Thankfully it was only one section and it was just a short "scarry" ride. I did have pool noodle pieces on the ladder so no damage. I won't be riding that piece of junk anymore.

Thanks for asking Bill. Just wanted to advise others there is a reason those cheap telescoping ladderes that are only $175.
Glad you're OK Chuck. Thanks for that valuable piece of information.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote