Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Definitely agree, Tom...just haven't had the opportunity for the course you mention.
Same here - it's high on our list to do.

We talked to a commercial pilot who has a MH. As we know (HOPE!) those guys are really anal about doing things right. He was really high on (oh jeez - a pun) a course similar to the one Tom referenced in Orlando. As I recall it may have been even longer - more like 4 days.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #16

Driving School Graduate

As a 2013 graduate of the RV Driving School, I couldn't agree more with Tom's post. As a newbie, I left Orlando RV with toad and white knuckled it back to West Palm Beach. I had seen in a prior post that Tom had a good experience with the school and he highly recommended it for me. He was spot on. I took the course up in Central Florida where we went over all the topics that Tom took off the website. We did a "pre flight' checklist of all the main components along with the jacks, slides etc. The driving was extended and confidence building. Backing up, parking, and even getting in and out of gas stations.

I have watched the Lazy Days videos many times and have used them as supplements to my experience with RVDriving school.

Having just returned from my maiden voyage of 3k miles, I can say without a doubt that my experience with the school and my instructor Chuck, made for a most pleasant, safe, and successful trip.

I am CoreyinWP and I approved this message!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv diploma.png
Views:	184
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	38834  
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations Corey, brilliant move on your part. I am sure it will pay off in spades.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Question

Have any of the veterans of any of the driving courses experienced insurance discounts as a result? Just asking.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
We took the class room drivers safety course at last year's FMCA rally and got a wopping $1or $5 off our insurance with Progressive. The person I talked to was actually embarrassed to tell me.
dianestew is offline   Reply With Quote