Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2015, 07:13 AM   #1

Lazydays service mgr terminated

Rumor has it Ken Irwin, the service mgr. will be terminated at the end of the month. He hasn't been here for the last few days so maybe he's already done.
Maybe Shawn will come back, not!
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2015, 07:28 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Is this a good or bad thing?
Old 04-18-2015, 07:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krivanj View Post
Is this a good or bad thing?
Depends on your perspective.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:56 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
That must have been one heck of a Snowbird season this year to have key people being terminated. It was bad when I took delivery...I wonder what happened this year?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:38 AM   #5

I can say he was very unresponsive when there was a problem.service advisor would do everything he could do and try to get ken involved , it would not work
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
I can say he was very unresponsive when there was a problem.service advisor would do everything he could do and try to get ken involved , it would not work
That was my experience. He did come by the evening before the Entegra left to be returned to Middlebury to say he was sorry....
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:14 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We were there 6 weeks and don't think he ever acknowledged us. Shawn was a different story, helpful.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #8

It would be nice to know the whole story but I dont think anyone will talk
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
That was our take ! Agree no one will talk .

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:30 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Shawn was great to us - Didnt even know the other guy existed
Old 04-18-2015, 03:55 PM   #11
YC1

Another overworked and abused service manager bites the dust. It must be a very difficult job. Like licking honey off cactus. You can go from high to low quickly. Having to juggle 17 balls and someone throws you one more. You have to drop one and do your best. Coordinating service, interfacing with customers, attempting to keep up with unreasonable promises from the Sales department. This is not a job for someone with thin skin. It takes incredible talent to be a great Service Manager. Working with technicians that are Prima Donnas often requires you to give them a pat on the back, and perhaps a kick in the "A", often at the same time.

The idea of having a service writer and then a technician work on the thing is done every day and I just cannot understand the thought process. So much is lost in the translation. I always took basic information and then had the tech that was going to do the work discuss it with the customer. Often a minor clue is the hint that will make the customer happy or at least comfortable that it might take a couple of swipes at the issue to resolve it. I had no problem with the customer being right in the service area. The technician could play "20 questions" with the customer to help get to the issue quickly. Again, a customer often will not give all of the information they have, only what they think is important.

Guess I just wanted to add my two cents and give some credit to all of the hard working service people that actually do take great pride in finding and resolving difficult problems.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:25 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Myron you are so right. It always upsets me to have to tell a service writer who then tells the technician. So much gets lost in the translation for the reasons you cited. Any time I can deal directly with the tech, the chances of success are greatly increased.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:35 PM   #13

I always go to the Tech at Lazy Days every day and go over each issue he will take on that day. I also ask if he needs more info during the day. Works well to be involved!

Tags
service