Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Leveling and Gutter Issues

We're enjoying and being overwhemed by this new toy (Anthem 44SL). Almost everything is between really good and perfect.

One area that we were told was fixed at LD was leveling. Our site wasn't level and water was pouring off the roof/gutter. (I strongly recommend ordering fair weather during your changeover - but I digress.) They took the coach to a bay and leveled it "to spec".

It still isn't level and we still have water hitting our heads on entry and exit (No water into the coach, thank heaven) as well as running down the side of the coach and splashing off the formerly bright chrome wheels.

Has anyone else had this issue? We tried to manually level, but the system called us ugly names, flashed red lights and refused to do anything.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #2

Saltydog,

There have been a few times when I've noticed our leveling system isn't exact; but it allows me to manually adjust as needed. I'm contemplating reading a manual (although I'll deny I said it in a court of law). Hopefully, someone has an answer for you. Glad you're enjoying it.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #3

we tried getting an exact level at delivery as well. Went through the manual and although we did it a number of times,,,,it was never exact and never leveled back to where we "re-set" the level. Decided to call it a day since I am so level headed!
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Is your system Power Gear?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
You should be able to use the individual arrow buttons to raise or lower each corner as needed. When you do that, just note the "up" arrow refers to retracting the jack at that corner, and "down" is extending the jack. I got an inexpensive bubble level to check ours, and I will adjust manually after letting auto-level operate if needed. Most of the time auto-level is OK. The part on leveling in Section 7 of the manual also walks you through setting baseline zero point if your auto-level never gets it right.
mfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks all - We'lltry to rethink the Up vs Down arrows!

Thereal issue is the gutter. On our now departed Phaeton, water always went over the rear so it never was an issue.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
For what it is worth, there is a spout drain right next to the back of the passenger door. Not a good spot. Also with dew fall and light rain, it drains down the side of the coach. If you have a light collored paint, it is heck keeping it from staining...watch, and wash that area often, particularly during pollen season down south.

When heavy, represents a good shower if your not watching yourself.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #8

Emerson, your problem may or maynot be the leveling. You need to get a 48 inch level to get an accurate reading before attempting to set the null. The procedure can be found in your packet supplied by Entegra. It took LD a few tries to get mine perfect. I am dead on level, ( a ball bearing will not even move in the middle of the coach, LOL) but i too have the water that drips on my shinny front wheels. Another suggestion may be to experiment and gradually raise the front of the coach over time until the water stops running out of the gutters. Then check the floors with a 48 inch level. Then I think you can determine whether it is a leveling problem or the pitch of the gutters. One is an easy fix one will never be fixed.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #9

Get some gutter extensions, paint them to match and install them. It keeps the water from dripping down the paint, but puts it onto the door awning. So when it's raining put out the door awning to keep from getting wet.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Good idea on the extensions, although I haven't seen them yet (haven't looked too hard...been to the desert for the last six weeks). As to the latter, I kinda been using that. I think the OP was pointing out that the leveling, combined with that downspout resulted in the problems...I don't think the awning solves that, particularly if there is a breeze. JMO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Ted, from Entegra, was at my coach in pouring rain. He said the downspouts were working correctly...creating the waterfall beside the door. My coach is level...we did that also...and the waterfall is alive and well.

Has anyone tried the downspout extension in a high wind situation? I would think that being unable to put the awning out would only increase your likelihood of getting very wet.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
We always had the same basic annoyance with our Discovery too and for us, as Dusty56 suggested, the fix was to just set the front a tiny bit higher than the rear. Even if this makes the coach just slightly off level front to rear it probably won't be enough to cause any issues with your plumbing waste drains or the fridge.

On our Discovery this was a problem even in good weather - the A/C condensate just dumped onto the roof and would drip off one of the four corners no matter what - at least Entegra [supposedly?] has internal condensate drains.

Our new rig is scheduled to be delivered to Albany today - if so we are heading out (3 hour drive) for pre-sale inspection and a test drive.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the ideas. I guess we were spoiled. Our Discovery sentwaterin random directions. The Phaeton was well mannered and always dripped from the rear corners.

Perhaps Tiffen sloped the gutters more since they were for rain and condensate as well.

If this and the silly short tube for the tank slinky are the worst issues, I may have to give up complaining. Probably not.....
Old 03-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #14

We live in Colorado; snow melt creates significant moisture and we experience the problems discussed above.

I raise the front of the coach via the manual leveling process. Just a degree or two will send the water downhill and away from the front door.

Tags
leveling