Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2017, 09:24 AM   #43

I always put it on high idle as soon as I start up. I will have my repair tech call Equalizer next time it's in the shop. Thanks for the response.

gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo123316 View Post
I always put it on high idle as soon as I start up. I will have my repair tech call Equalizer next time it's in the shop. Thanks for the response.
Bob,

Not only high idle as you mentioned, but also have both air gauges at max pressure prior to hitting the all retract button. If yours needs to have the all retract pressed twice to get the suspension to air up then this is NOT normal.

FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #45

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by EQSystems View Post
I'm not sure if I'm here answering specific questions, or just giving a little general information, but here's my two cents:

When leveling the coach, be sure the air is fully dumped. IF that's not happening, there's an issue in the timing of the sequence.

When retracting the jacks, be sure the coach is fully aired back up before pressing the All Retract button. This generally limits the amount of roll you'll get as the jacks come up.

As far as the leveling process goes, the idea that our system only levels while lifting and can't lower the coach back down to achieve level is false. The goal is to level the RV as close the ground as possible.

Hopefully this info is at least somewhat helpful!
NICK: Thanks for participating in this discussion. I'm confused by your comment I placed in bold (above).
On my 2016 Aspire (Spartan MMGT), there isn't a choice to dump the suspension before leveling. Activating the auto level button on your keypad starts the jacks in downward motion BEFORE the air is released. On mine, the "timing sequence" causes the jack pads to contact a level concrete site while the air is still escaping and the chassis is still moving forward. The result is the jack pads are scrapping forward and bending the cylinder rods backward slightly. I've complained repeatedly to my NIRVC service advisor and he has contacted both EQ and EC. BOTH of them told him that is the way it is supposed to be, IOW jacks moving before air dumps. I forget how many seconds of delay before dumping he said the EQ people told him (I think it was in the teens) but IMO the delay is way too long, which allows the jacks to touch ground before the chassis settles completely. Upon activation of the "auto store" button, after fully airing up the suspension, there is a loud grinding noise caused by the jack pads skidding on the concrete when the downward pressure is first released. I have pictures I took recently of the gouges left in the concrete pad at the NIRVC customer appreciation rally.
Since both EQ and EC customer service people seem to think this situation is "normal", and therefore NIRVC is unable to address the problem under warranty, I'm just waiting for one or more of the jacks to begin leaking or get bent so badly that it won't retract. Perhaps THEN, somebody at EQ or EC will take those of us who have this issue seriously.

In a related matter, my "auto level" seems determined to raise my coach to the highest point possible, requiring me to use a stool to reach the first step, even when "leveling" on a level site. I'm beyond frustrated, but still have a year of EC warranty left, so I'm hopeful..........

I'd be interested in any suggestions you can offer.
Ed
Old 05-09-2017, 02:15 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post

In a related matter, my "auto level" seems determined to raise my coach to the highest point possible, requiring me to use a stool to reach the first step, even when "leveling" on a level site. I'm beyond frustrated, but still have a year of EC warranty left, so I'm hopeful..........

Ed
Hi Ed,

Your last comments seems odd to me. Have you ever tried resetting your coach to what would be considered level. I can't remember the process off the top of my head, so i'm sure someone else will chime in, but based on your last comment, i would relearn my leveling system, teaching it what true auto-level really is. Like i said, there's a procedure for it and have read where others have had to do this from time to time.

Cheers!
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:49 PM   #47

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
Hi Ed,

Your last comments seems odd to me. Have you ever tried resetting your coach to what would be considered level. I can't remember the process off the top of my head, so i'm sure someone else will chime in, but based on your last comment, i would relearn my leveling system, teaching it what true auto-level really is. Like i said, there's a procedure for it and have read where others have had to do this from time to time.

Cheers!
Setting the null (what the system thinks is level) is very easy: with the Equalizer panel power off, hold down the Auto Level and turn on the power. You'll hear a couple of beeps and the null is set to the current position of your coach. You can even do this with the jacks up if the coach is level enough for you.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:43 PM   #48

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Setting the null (what the system thinks is level) is very easy: with the Equalizer panel power off, hold down the Auto Level and turn on the power. You'll hear a couple of beeps and the null is set to the current position of your coach. You can even do this with the jacks up if the coach is level enough for you.
Thanks to you both. I've not heard about resetting the null. Surprised that wasn't done when I complained to my service advisor on several occasions.

I'm assuming you mean to follow that procedure AFTER the coach becomes level by whatever means necessary, and after that it should level out at lower elevations upon subsequent use on level sites. I hope so, and will report back.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:54 AM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Ed, setting the null is in the EQ owners manual. Mine was really off, I had to set it twice to finally get my coach to level on Auto Level. Use a 4 foot level in the center of the coach, using a small level or a cell phone is not accurate as it only levels one tile of the floor and not the entire coach. I store on a perfectly level concrete floor. Before setting the null, using the jacks would put my coach out of level, so bad the first setting of the null was still not level.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:54 AM   #50

Good luck. I've set the null myself on my anthem and had it set by service techs several times over the last year. Its still a crapshoot whether it will be close or a bubble off. Always higher in the rear. At one point it would lift the rear almost off the ground if I didn't stop it. After the last reset at least that has stopped.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
NICK: Thanks for participating in this discussion. I'm confused by your comment I placed in bold (above).
On my 2016 Aspire (Spartan MMGT), there isn't a choice to dump the suspension before leveling. Activating the auto level button on your keypad starts the jacks in downward motion BEFORE the air is released. On mine, the "timing sequence" causes the jack pads to contact a level concrete site while the air is still escaping and the chassis is still moving forward. The result is the jack pads are scrapping forward and bending the cylinder rods backward slightly. I've complained repeatedly to my NIRVC service advisor and he has contacted both EQ and EC. BOTH of them told him that is the way it is supposed to be, IOW jacks moving before air dumps. I forget how many seconds of delay before dumping he said the EQ people told him (I think it was in the teens) but IMO the delay is way too long, which allows the jacks to touch ground before the chassis settles completely. Upon activation of the "auto store" button, after fully airing up the suspension, there is a loud grinding noise caused by the jack pads skidding on the concrete when the downward pressure is first released. I have pictures I took recently of the gouges left in the concrete pad at the NIRVC customer appreciation rally.
Since both EQ and EC customer service people seem to think this situation is "normal", and therefore NIRVC is unable to address the problem under warranty, I'm just waiting for one or more of the jacks to begin leaking or get bent so badly that it won't retract. Perhaps THEN, somebody at EQ or EC will take those of us who have this issue seriously.

Ed
Ed,

Not sure which version of the Equalizer control board you have but mine was also quick to plant the jacks (especially the rear) prior to the air dumping. At PDI last year my controller was changed out and now the air starts dumping sooner in the process than it did before. Not nearly as many excessive slope warnings now and the whole coach levels lower to the ground.

FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:48 AM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
If the auto level refuses to go to where you null it, offset the null. In other words, if it always levels nose down, null it to that amount nose up. Then it should give you what you want. I finally discovered this on our '15 after nulling it to level multiple times and it always gave me the same error. then
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:56 PM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm not impressed with the auto level function. At almost level site in Stone Mountain and auto level ended up with front tires almost off the ground. It seems to start with side to side regardless of whether front to rear is more out of level.

Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, slide