RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #29

All

Just a reminder, at least on my 2012 Aspire DEQ, when departing you have to turn off the engine to bring in the slideouts. So I would add "Turn engine off" prior to 4. Retract slides.

Jeff & Terri Burklo (Sophie & Louis / Yorkies)
2012 Aspire DEQ
2011 Jeep Liberty

Currently in Kerrville, Tx at Buckhorn Lake Resort

Jburklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
My slides will retract with the engine running, they won't extend with it running. (My cockpit night shades won't move with it running :-) )

TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #31

A quick way to remember sequence of the slides-------It's like getting off an elevator, you want to be first out (like your slides) and last in (like your slides).
RARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #32

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, yet. KEEP THOSE FRONT WHEELS STRAIGHT when any of this is going on
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #33

Question, is there any harm done electrically to the coach, if you remained plugged to shore power and start the coach to air it up? I have always used the shore power or generator to extend/retract the slides. Since installing the EMS-50 HW, I have noticed there is approx. 2.5 minutes before power is relayed to the coach. It would be convenient to start the engine while plugged to shore power, rather than disconnect/re-connect and wait for power to the coach.. Hopefully, this makes sense to someone..LOL..dd
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Don't believe you are hurting anything to start your coach and air up while connected to shore power. That's what I do; once fully aired up, I usually turn the engine off after I have pulled in the jacks and allowed the air to pop off again. This makes sure everything is at ride height before I pull in the slides. Then I turn the engine off, pull in the slides, do any other stuff I may have not completed, including hooking up the toad if I'm in a pull through. Once I'm ready to go, I pull the shore power, rewind, lock up, start up, check all tires to make absolutely sure I can see tread on the tires, check the roof, antennas, and awnings, and go...in that order. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Don't believe you are hurting anything to start your coach and air up while connected to shore power. That's what I do; once fully aired up, I usually turn the engine off after I have pulled in the jacks and allowed the air to pop off again. This makes sure everything is at ride height before I pull in the slides. Then I turn the engine off, pull in the slides, do any other stuff I may have not completed, including hooking up the toad if I'm in a pull through. Once I'm ready to go, I pull the shore power, rewind, lock up, start up, check all tires to make absolutely sure I can see tread on the tires, check the roof, antennas, and awnings, and go...in that order. JMHO
I learned another lesson this morning.

I did not visibly look at the jack pads after I had retracted them.

The drivers front pad did not fully retract and after pulling out of the site and rolling over the speed bump I heard the jack pad hit. I stopped to see what the clunk sound was and sure enough -- jack pad not fully retracted.

That will not happen again to me.

Curt
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to CoreyinWP Send a message via MSN to CoreyinWP Send a message via Yahoo to CoreyinWP
Did you retract with the engine running and aired up? I learned that lesson as others have. I also retract twice to be sure...as well as checking.
CoreyinWP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
Did you retract with the engine running and aired up? I learned that lesson as others have. I also retract twice to be sure...as well as checking.
Yes I did -- I followed the sequence as described in this thread -- wonder why the jack did not retract all the way?

Curt
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #38

Thanks for your response, DSL417.. I will follow your suggested routine. I have been curious for years regarding starting the engine while connected to shore power. I just never asked and always turned off the breaker. Makes the process much easier, starting the engine and following your process. THANKS AGAIN!! dd.
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:08 AM   #39

My jacks will not engage or disengage with the ignition key in the rUn positionlight flashes on equalizer, Ignition on. and will not operate until ignition is turned off.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisgeiger View Post
I learned another lesson this morning.

I did not visibly look at the jack pads after I had retracted them.

The drivers front pad did not fully retract and after pulling out of the site and rolling over the speed bump I heard the jack pad hit. I stopped to see what the clunk sound was and sure enough -- jack pad not fully retracted.

That will not happen again to me.

Curt
Just passing on from what I have learned over the years. Do a complete walk around while the coach is airing up. Check up and down and round and round. TV antenna, jacks, items left on the ground and picnic table. It is amazing how many time I have left a window awning out when I thought everything was completed or the floor mat still at the steps.

Did your Equalizer pad give you the warning that one of the jacks was still down? If not, that needs to be checked, or not overlooked before departure. A jack left down can cause some serious damage and we don't want that on your new coach.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisgeiger View Post
Yes I did -- I followed the sequence as described in this thread -- wonder why the jack did not retract all the way?

Curt
I have had that happen in cold weather. Either the jack is slower than the computer, or the fluid is thicker. I have got in the habit when it is cold outside to check the jacks even closer. Another thing that sticks on mine in cold weather is the "air dump valve". The MH won't air up and I have to hit "retract all" on the Equalizer pad again and that will close the valve. MH's do unusual things when the weather gets cold that we never think of in warm weather.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #42

I have to push the retract button 4 times before my jacks will fully retract. No warning lights showing they are not fully retracted. Have been working with Jamie at Equilizer for several months and have replaced several parts, with the same results. Anyone else have this happen to them ? He said next step is replace the entire system.

RL57 is online now   Reply With Quote