Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #1

Lighting problem Anthem 2013 RBQ

Does anybody have a problem with the overhead lights on the counter/sink area or have a solution?
They keep burning out or come loose and need to be pushed back into the socket.

Ross & Sue
2013 Anthem RBQ
RossandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What bulb is in that socket, if it is an 1156 and you have to keep pushing it back in then you have one of two common problems.

Problem one: Failure to turn the bulb to lock it in, It turns clockwise, just a couple of degrees, so the pegs on the base engage latches in the socket.

Problem 2: Center insulator cracked and not holding the center pin against the lamp properly.

Single contact center insulators are hen's teeth, I looked all over for 'em and finally stopped in a Pilot or Flying J east of Indy last spring,, he had 'em on the close out shelf, but ask at your local Audo parts place, they can order them if they don't have 'me in stock.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Are those the bakelight sockets with the copper pins? They flatten out and need constant tweeking. I ordered new ones though Amazon, capable of using a #1076 single contact bulb.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #4

I have 20 watt halogen bi pin light bulbs with G4 base 12 volt
RossandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossandSue View Post
I have 20 watt halogen bi pin light bulbs with G4 base 12 volt
we had a similar problem with our 2012 Anthem 42RBQ... had to replace a couple more than once. seemed like the problem went away after a few replacements. it also helped in other areas of the coach to replace the halogen bulbs with LEDs when the halogen bulbs burned out.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #6

Ours burned out almost immediately after taking delivery. The best thing to do is don't install them bare handed. The oil in our skin will make the bulbs burn out prematurely. Since I installed the new ones, there doing better. I notified Jacob at Entegra and he sent some replacements.