Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #29

Jerry, we would like that. We are currently on a 5 week trip to Canada. We are back in the states and will be in Yellowstone tomorrow. Internet is spotty but if this posts send me a PM sometime and we will meet in the city for dinner some evening.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2014, 05:43 AM   #30

Thumbs up Update.2.0

Although no change on our ordering schedule.. Hopefully within the next 30/60 days. We both continue to scour this forum and soak up as much info as we can. I like the fact i can visit potential problems and the solutions before they are MY problems.. Knowledge is power and has never served me wrong..

Once she is ordered and production starts, we will head to middlebury and try to tour the plant and get to know entegra at its origins.
Quick question on insurance. I realize ppl all have different needs.. We will not be fulltimers to start but intend to go fulltime at some point. What sort of coverage should i be looking at? Any help here would be great.. Thanks.. And yes chuck.. I will have these posts memorized and have already started separate reference file ...
Old 08-15-2014, 05:59 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDefector View Post
Once she is ordered and production starts, we will head to middlebury and try to tour the plant and get to know entegra at its origins.
Quick question on insurance. I realize ppl all have different needs.. We will not be fulltimers to start but intend to go fulltime at some point. What sort of coverage should i be looking at? Any help here would be great.. Thanks.. And yes chuck.. I will have these posts memorized and have already started separate reference file ...

Hopefully this will help. I compiled a list for Florida which is expensive becasue of our hurricane. It's just a guild line when shopping. One thing you DO want is 100% replacement cost for the first 5 years. If the insurance company does not offer it.....walk.

I choose Good Sams, becasue the lowest quoted did not have 5 year full replacement cost. I got different quotes every time I called and I called them about 5 times. Pick up a copy of Motorhome magazine and the have "discount coupons" published, but keep calling back and you will get lower quotes. Strange! http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/curr...em-189038.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:30 AM   #32

Quote:
Some have asked why we chose the B floorplan. This choice alone took over 2 months and countless trips to every "Higher End" Coach dealer in the Orlando area.... Including some in South Florida area.

1. Coach choice boiled down to Newmar Vs. Entegra.. Entegra won, but was a close fight. Both Good company's as far as we could see and both loved brands.Entegra offered all of what we were looking for as standard. Heated floors being a must.( we will be living aboard while we build in NE Tennessee) Newmar offered DW the double Vanities in master she so badly wants. Was a tough choice but in the end Anthem felt better for us as well as being priced better for comparable equipped.

2. Bath/1/2 also a must. DW grew up long distance boating and swore she wont go thru a single bath again. I realized early on to give up and just accept. We really wanted U dinette is place of free standing dinette. But she was willing to "try it" as the L lounge was a winner for her. Also Television being cab forward with fire place was a must have. RBQ plan was ruled out as DW did not like the feel of the w/d mid ships..

There were countless times going back and forth and many nights we seriously questioned the ability to share a smaller space. In the end.. Or where we stand now. We slept on it and rehashed in the am and finally settled on a plan. We both agree after 21 years of marriage and DW always being right and me explaining to my tools in garage why shes wrong...( tools are great for that.. As is my Dachshund.. Great listener) That this is the start of a great adventure.. One we both put up with years of crap to attain.. We could not be more excited!!

Sorry to ramble on... There is more to the decision.. Bit i think other Entegra Owners are already aware of these.. Thanks for listening .. R

Where are you building in NE Tn? My wife and I both grew up in Knoxville and although we lived other places for periods of time, we spend the bulk of our working lives in the area. We were in the Tri Cities area in the northeast tip of the state for 15 years.

Truly a great place to live.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:44 AM   #33

Bro box to the rescue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Hopefully this will help. I compiled a list for Florida which is expensive becasue of our hurricane. It's just a guild line when shopping. One thing you DO want is 100% replacement cost for the first 5 years. If the insurance company does not offer it.....walk.

I choose Good Sams, becasue the lowest quoted did not have 5 year full replacement cost. I got different quotes every time I called and I called them about 5 times. Pick up a copy of Motorhome magazine and the have "discount coupons" published, but keep calling back and you will get lower quotes. Strange! http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/curr...em-189038.html
As always.. Thanx for the info chuck.. Ppl here always seem to deliver or at the very least provide a place to start.. 👍👍
Old 08-15-2014, 06:55 AM   #34

Smile Our love of Tn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Where are you building in NE Tn? My wife and I both grew up in Knoxville and although we lived other places for periods of time, we spend the bulk of our working lives in the area. We were in the Tri Cities area in the northeast tip of the state for 15 years.

Truly a great place to live.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Im a Professional Chef by trade. I spent 8 years working in Wolf Laurel NC and lived in Flag Pond Tn. We loved it there. We are looking for property in the tri cities area as its what we know. Our goal is to start a mini farm and start producing various sauces for retail sale. I do a lot of "smoking" and have personal recipes none have and many have attempted to beg borrow or steal.
I organically grow most of my own ingredients ...its makes a huge difference in the end. We hope to utilize the growing season and produce our product then spend the remaining time on the road marketing and selling. At least thats the plan
I really like the Jonesborough/Unicoi County area.. I'm not fond of 0 lot line living. I can deal with it in a RV Park knowing i can move when I need to.. Tried with the sticks and brick... Not so much
Old 08-15-2014, 07:04 AM   #35

Congrats to you...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:15 AM   #36

While on the subject

Quote:
Im a Professional Chef by trade. I spent 8 years working in Wolf Laurel NC and lived in Flag Pond Tn. We loved it there. We are looking for property in the tri cities area as its what we know. Our goal is to start a mini farm and start producing various sauces for retail sale. I do a lot of "smoking" and have personal recipes none have and many have attempted to beg borrow or steal.
I organically grow most of my own ingredients ...its makes a huge difference in the end. We hope to utilize the growing season and produce our product then spend the remaining time on the road marketing and selling. At least thats the plan
I really like the Jonesborough/Unicoi County area.. I'm not fond of 0 lot line living. I can deal with it in a RV Park knowing i can move when I need to.. Tried with the sticks and brick... Not so much
While discussing future property location .. Wifey chimed in with this.... Yeah.. We love Tn but.... Always a "but"..... Now we will have the ability to see other states at our leisure... Perhaps we should hold off on purchase and look around first hand. We still have our home in Fl to consider. Promptly informed her yes.. The decision to marry you was correct. As she constantly shows me and reminds me i would be lost without this forum.. Even more so lost without her
Old 08-15-2014, 08:15 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
So WRT insurance, the finance folks will put you in touch with an independent group in California that deal with several companies. Not absolutely sure, but I think it is the same group that is affiliated with FMCA. Note it is not an FMCA-sponsored, but affiliated and FMCA simply gets a referral fee if you go through FMCA. In any event, whether the same or not, an independent agent will shop you and your driving and credit record with multiple agencies to get the best options and then present them to you. Strongly recommend you take that approach, because the bottom line is everyone is different when it comes to these quotes. The independent will work for you. That said, the magic number is 150 days. Below that you are considered a part timer and more than that you're considered full time. At least at first, I'd recommend IDing yourself as a part timer, particularly if you retain your home or a home address rather than a mailbox. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:21 AM   #38

Thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
So WRT insurance, the finance folks will put you in touch with an independent group in California that deal with several companies. Not absolutely sure, but I think it is the same group that is affiliated with FMCA. Note it is not an FMCA-sponsored, but affiliated and FMCA simply gets a referral fee if you go through FMCA. In any event, whether the same or not, an independent agent will shop you and your driving and credit record with multiple agencies to get the best options and then present them to you. Strongly recommend you take that approach, because the bottom line is everyone is different when it comes to these quotes. The independent will work for you. That said, the magic number is 150 days. Below that you are considered a part timer and more than that you're considered full time. At least at first, I'd recommend IDing yourself as a part timer, particularly if you retain your home or a home address rather than a mailbox. JMHO
Great information.. Thanks.. I do enjoy HO's just not HOA's😂
Old 08-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
I used Progressive the first year and service was good. I shopped thru Good Sams and beat Progessive's price substantially. They shop a number of companies and I ended up with National General (formerly GMAC). They are A rated and took good care of the damage to my toad and RV when we got caught in a hail storm this summer in South Dakota. The agent I used is Adam at 314-493-8714 (Tell him I told you to call). He also hooked me up with home insurance (American Strategic A+ rated call Kevin at 216-592-7132 or 314-493-8716) and combined I am saving about $4,000 per year with the same or better coverage than I had before. I have 5 year new coach replacement and then have coverage for what I paid moving forward in the future - sixth year. I was using USAA previously for all my cars and home (they have as relationship with Progressive) but they simply could not come close on price so I had to move on. Your driving record and credit history as well as locale will have a big bearing on your price. My credit and driving is all top tier.
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
DO put in and RV pad!! I don't care what you charge, I am a smoker hobbyists and would pay anything to visit. That would be the experience of a lifetime.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #41

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
RV One has just agreed to pick up the cost of joining the Entegra Coach Owners Association for the first year as well as your membership to the Family Motor Coach Association if you're not yet a member. Please ask your salesperson to follow up.

This is just one more way that RV One is demonstrating their support for the Entegra Coach brand and the family of owners.

KUDOS to RV One. Thank you for your support!

Pat Bauer,
ECOA President
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:24 AM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Good news. Thank the Strollo brothers for that!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote