Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
Sure sorry to hear that, but we have been there also this season and had to cancel travel plans. Just had a call from a fellow RV'er and I have 10 pounds of fresh caught Oregon salmon on it's way back to me for the smoker We were suppose to be on that fishing trip this year, but like your situation, it had to be put on hold.

I hope everything turns out well for the DW and don't be a stranger during the waiting process. Continue to join us here on the forum.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2014, 07:20 AM   #58

Thank you all....

Your kind words and prayers made Jana smile while the evil ( her description) doctors poked and prodded. She needed that encouragement.(as did i&#128077 joining this forum has been one of the best moves of late( again.. Her words... Lol shes cranky) i believe she refers to my decision making process and the fact.. Yes fact. That i only need to ask her for the correct decision .😂
I'll continue to read and post and tic off the days till we can hit the road and try to meet up with some of you good folks.
On a side note.. I have been following closely the debate if you will on building new vs buying off the lot. Chuck.. As always your viewpoints have been instrumental to me..knowledge is in deed power and learning from others is powerfull as well.
Lol.. Have to run... Her tea is not hot enough... Again thank you all for your support... R&J
Old 08-25-2014, 11:11 PM   #59

Robert,

Sorry to hear about the DW's health concern. You are absolutely right to take care of her first. The coach will still be there once she is back in good health. In the meantime, I will keep Jana, and you, in my prayers that she has a full and speedy recovery and that you remain strong and positive in your support and advocacy for her. God bless and keep us posted! You'll be in your new coach before you know it!! All the best to you both.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:58 AM   #60

Thank you, Bigtone. Appreciate it👍

I do have a question to pose to you members of The Knowledge Bank.

Our CoC (Coach of Choice) is currently 2015 Anthem 44b. Dw is still angling for double sink in rear bath. We have been quoted 326k for said coach ++ . Several Dealers to the west of us.. Have said they will meet that quote and one in particular (way west..middle of country has said it will come in at 318k . I do like to comparison shop but at the same time I'm a Loyalty guy and like the original dealer i went to in the beginning.

Given this information and the fact I'll be buying in the next 6 months or more...
Is it feasible to think there may be some 2014 Cornerstones in the out the door under 375- 400k range (new)?
We have been thinking if we can get a cornerstone vs the anthem in or around the same ballpark.. Plus $$$ obviously .. Why not ?

Having never purchased a MH before I'm not savvy to how prices fluctuate. If they do at all. Having this extra research time on my hands could spell trouble for me.. But could also put Dw in her dream coach . Thanks for any input you all may have.. Im happy to provide additional info if needed.. Here or in pm. Thanks again
Old 08-26-2014, 08:42 AM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
RR,

I'll offer this. We bought Anthem in 2013. Thought it was the most we could afford and the best we could get. Contrary to some in here, we bought at a show (Hershey), delivered four months later, signed the papers about 17 days before delivery (home of record and retiring WRT loan approval concerns), everything some have advocated against in this forum.

Our delivery was OK, could have been better, and that company just delivered to us in a marvelous way with our new coach. Yes, we had a few issues for warrantee work and that list grew over the next few months, but it worked for us. So ordering a coach can and will work. But you must be patient and let the system work through the order. Don't push for delivery from the factory ahead of its time and don't push the dealer for delivery before they have the opportunity to completely do its pre-delivery inspection. When delivery day arrives, you don't have to sign anything accepting, and your warrantee period doesn't start until you sign for the coach. We just did a second coach, a Cornerstone, the same way...and it worked for us. We signed the financing papers a week before we delivered.

Now to Cornerstone versus Anthem. I think there is a 2014 out West at one of the dealerships in CA I think, but don't know. If you're in the market for CS, I'd suggest spending the little extra for a 2015 CS for several reasons, but if you go 2014, make sure it has the 2015 upgrades to shades and front end for sure. As to Anthem versus CS, I wished we hadn't taken the 50k depreciation hit in a year and a half, but we, too, were new to this. We thought we wanted the DEQ, because we loved the salon. Over time, DW realized she wanted more windows. I don't think we'd have ever known that without being in one for over a year. That said, my recommendation, buy the most you think you can afford or want to spend, and don't look back. You've studied this enough and you know what the goods and bads are. Just don't let the really bad situations, and they do happen, drive your decisions. There are many, many more purchasers (probably nearing 1500) that have had very positive experiences, through multiple delivery and paper signing approaches. And, GET WHAT YOU WANT, even if you have to order it. Buying off the lot is great if you are ready to accept what is available in floor plan, interior and exterior colors. JMHO, we weren't ready to take that approach.

I hope your DW is doing better so you can "pull the trigger" and get out on the road with the rest of us
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #62

Beaver Coach Sales & Service has a 2014 Cornerstone 45J marked down to $450,746, originally $600,994. Should be able to make a deal around $410,000

Peter Collins
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:09 AM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
Robert,
We spent 2 weeks playing one dealer against the other to get the price we were after....dealers will match other dealers prices, from the experience we had.

As for a left over 2014 CS I would check RV Trader RVs For Sale On RV Trader- New and Used Fleetwood,Airstream,Winnebago,Keystone,Forest River,Newmar RVs and More-RVTrader.com and a few of the other large RV classified sites and see if any dealers have a 2014 leftover or maybe even one the purchasers decided RV'ing wasn't for them after one trip. A one trip coach is like brand new and will still carry the 2 year warranty.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
RR,

I'll offer this. We bought Anthem in 2013. Thought it was the most we could afford and the best we could get. Contrary to some in here, we bought at a show (Hershey), delivered four months later, signed the papers about 17 days before delivery (home of record and retiring WRT loan approval concerns), everything some have advocated against in this forum.

Our delivery was OK, could have been better, and that company just delivered to us in a marvelous way with our new coach. Yes, we had a few issues for warrantee work and that list grew over the next few months, but it worked for us. So ordering a coach can and will work. But you must be patient and let the system work through the order. Don't push for delivery from the factory ahead of its time and don't push the dealer for delivery before they have the opportunity to completely do its pre-delivery inspection. When delivery day arrives, you don't have to sign anything accepting, and your warrantee period doesn't start until you sign for the coach. We just did a second coach, a Cornerstone, the same way...and it worked for us. We signed the financing papers a week before we delivered.

Now to Cornerstone versus Anthem. I think there is a 2014 out West at one of the dealerships in CA I think, but don't know. If you're in the market for CS, I'd suggest spending the little extra for a 2015 CS for several reasons, but if you go 2014, make sure it has the 2015 upgrades to shades and front end for sure. As to Anthem versus CS, I wished we hadn't taken the 50k depreciation hit in a year and a half, but we, too, were new to this. We thought we wanted the DEQ, because we loved the salon. Over time, DW realized she wanted more windows. I don't think we'd have ever known that without being in one for over a year. That said, my recommendation, buy the most you think you can afford or want to spend, and don't look back. You've studied this enough and you know what the goods and bads are. Just don't let the really bad situations, and they do happen, drive your decisions. There are many, many more purchasers (probably nearing 1500) that have had very positive experiences, through multiple delivery and paper signing approaches. And, GET WHAT YOU WANT, even if you have to order it. Buying off the lot is great if you are ready to accept what is available in floor plan, interior and exterior colors. JMHO, we weren't ready to take that approach.

I hope your DW is doing better so you can "pull the trigger" and get out on the road with the rest of us

DSL417.... Thanx for the info. There are several factors that will ultimately come into play. Im fortunate that "Money" wont be a major factor but as always .. I wont throw it away for flash and glitz. My main concerns are getting the most coach for our money and making certain all DW's needs are met. Layout is extremely important and Entegra floorplans meet our requirements. Primarily we will only travel just the 2 of us and 3 small fur baby kids. We will be living in the coach and traveling while we build a permanant shelter bit really plan to spend more time on the road than in the traditional home . We love the Anthem bit i can tell DW really prefers the Cornerstone. I'm not exactly thrilled about going back to the comparison thing again but I'm thank full the company has not changed.. Just the eventual model . Short bit of history.. Ever since I have known DW ( married 21 years) she has never asked or demanded anything more than we could afford. (she is not a "princess" her parents would not allow it)And she comes form a Wealthy family. She was raised well as I told her Dad many times while he was living. I have been a Chef all my working life and though I did well, we never had much "xtra " cash to play with. We do own our home and carry very little debt. So now that the ability to persue our dream is a reality its very important to me that Jana have all she wants and not be in a "settling" position. Not certain this will make sense or even the appropriate room , but I'm so grateful to have this forum and contact with all you good ppl. We will see you on the road.. You will know who we are when you meet our Mouthy Dachshund. Cant miss him.

Btw.. Jana is doing better.. She has several hereditary issues that are surfacing now. None are life threatening. Her Bouts with Celiac Disease are causing most of the trouble now. We decided best to put the already 20+ year dream off a few more months.. Wont kill us... In hindsight we both are questioning that logic.. Lol.. We want to be on the road!
Old 08-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
So a couple of ideas, regardless of coach...

- Choose and address for you S&B that incorporates coaches in the part of the country that you want to live...allow your initial travel to answer the where if you are unsure. The Great Outdoors in Titusville FL is an examl=ple with multiple levels of "home" ranging from $150k up to a Mill. Another is a Casita with RV port in AZ or CA. Several alternatives for location and communities.
- Then choose a resort that you can build an outdoor kitchen and maybe a pergola. Many enjoy the outdoor kitchen and entertaining in these resorts as lifestyle, as you meet others in the resorts. An example of these types of locations would be Hearthside Grove in Michigan or Stone Ridge Golf and RV Resort in Northern ID.

Just some thoughts.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote