Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2014, 05:14 AM   #15

I believe there are color coded lanyards somewhere near the gen slide for this purpose? Seem to recall they release air to expel moisture?

Robert & Jana Stanton... Birthing a 2015 Anthem or Cornerstone
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2014, 08:57 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
There are 3 color coded lanyards to empty the air from the tanks found deep inside the front passenger wheel well on an Entegra. Turn the wheel a bit to find them. I pull them with the awning pole. Color coding is nice, but dirt builds up and you can't tell which is which.

Technically, one is supposed to empty the so-called wet tank first, then the others. The two gauges on the dash are connected to the two non-wet tanks. If you pull the lanyard for one of those two tanks, you'll see one of the gauges move. If you dump the wet tank, no gauge should move.

We have automatic moisture ejectors on most Entegra air tanks, depending on the model and year. This helps, but I have been advised does not eliminate the need to dump the air tanks and any additional moisture that builds up in them over time.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #17

The blocks we use under the jacks are made from 2 X 12's. The mistake we did make is by using Douglas Fir which is quite heavy. I would probably look to using plywood cut up into 12" squares and screwed together if I had it to do over again. The reason for doing the blocking without extending the jacks is to avoid putting the weight on the hydraulics and therefore reducing the pressure. It makes sense to us, but hey, I'm a bean counter, not an engineer.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW8804 View Post
There are 3 color coded lanyards to empty the air from the tanks found deep inside the front passenger wheel well on an Entegra. Turn the wheel a bit to find them. I pull them with the awning pole. Color coding is nice, but dirt builds up and you can't tell which is which.

Technically, one is supposed to empty the so-called wet tank first, then the others. The two gauges on the dash are connected to the two non-wet tanks. If you pull the lanyard for one of those two tanks, you'll see one of the gauges move. If you dump the wet tank, no gauge should move.

We have automatic moisture ejectors on most Entegra air tanks, depending on the model and year. This helps, but I have been advised does not eliminate the need to dump the air tanks and any additional moisture that builds up in them over time.
How often should I manually pull these lanyards? I thought I had automatic moisture ejectors and therefore didn't need to manually pull lanyards. I have looks for these lanyards before and couldn't find, but your posts should guide me to them. I will try today. thanks!
Old 10-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwky View Post
When leaving the coach for periods of a few weeks or months, would you leave an Aspire up on the jacks or sitting on the air suspension? I would think it would be ideal to dump all air, but Aspire doesn't have that option. Thanks in advance!
jdwky
When I leave my coach for periods of a few weeks or months it sits on the tires...(I thought that was how everyone did it).
Is there a better way??
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwky View Post
How often should I manually pull these lanyards? I thought I had automatic moisture ejectors and therefore didn't need to manually pull lanyards. I have looks for these lanyards before and couldn't find, but your posts should guide me to them. I will try today. thanks!
I had the exact same air drain setup and air dryer on the Travel Supreme. The tanks are suppose to be tested monthly for moisture. In 10 years I never had the frist drop of moisture come out of the tanks showing me the air dryer was working. Change the air dryer filter as scheduled and there should not be a problem. The tanks are easy to check and still should be checked every couple of months.

To be honest, I only remembered to check mine about twice a year and still never had any moisture.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks guys, finally found the lanyards! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412805261.387070.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	924.1 KB
ID:	76081
Doesn't look like they were pulled much by previous owner. Pulled them and no moisture on ground, so good sign.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
I agree with Chuck that the moisture ejectors and air dryer should handle everything. But another reason to blow out the tanks is to see what, if anything comes out. If it is other than moisture and a bit of very fine debris, all is ok. If more than moisture comes out (e.g. oily or greasy substances) then there is a problem. Of course, if nothing comes out except air, the world is working the way it was meant to be.

Additionally over the long run, if moisture sits in the tanks and lines, there could be long term damage to the system. Worse yet, in cold weather, it could freeze up, causing serious damage.

I have an Ontario CDL, and by the strictest letter of regulations, I am supposed to blow the tanks once a day when driven, preferably after use.

I agree with Chuck that blowing them out once in a while is a good practice.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks