Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Looking for ideas for fresh water fill/black tank flush mod on new model

Look for ideas of what other have done plumbing wise for the new models on the fresh water fill and black tank flush without have to disconnect hoses. Thanks.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2018, 02:55 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I remember on the Classics there were all kinds of mods posted for one connection to fill the water tank and flush the black, some with pressure gauges and flow restrictors plumbed in the center.

I can't find one mod posted on the newer models.....strange. I checked Angie's 2018 video and see that they are not built in, that there is still two connections and only one inlet hose.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:54 PM   #3

Hey Chuck:

Not sure I understand, but think I can answer part of your issue. On my Cornerstone, on the passenger side, the water tank resides just like in your Anthem, but I now have what appears to be a plastic cap which can be removed to use to add water directly to my fresh water tank. I have never done it yet and not absolutely sure that is what it is because I have not yet removed the cap and given it a try, but I am pretty sure it is a direct feed into the fresh water tank inside. A water hose or water cans can be used to add water directly (if you were dry camping somewhere). On the sewer side of things, I am generally impressed with the macerator system. I see the old style stinky slinky connections and carry an old style hose, but have not yet felt the need to give that a try either. Maybe that is not the question you are asking.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:42 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I guess a picture is worth a 1,000 words. This was the setup I had on my Classic. The other is someone else's

Curious what other had done now that the wall is solid.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2018, 06:09 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I did the mod on the 17 and 18. The 17 was manual with a 1/4 turn valve. The 18 was electric with a nc valve and I replaced the water sprayer fitting with a water pressure gauge attached to a valterra water pressure valve. Honestly not sure which way I will go on the 19. The project is done with pex tubing.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #6

Chuck,
I just kept it simple by adding a quick connect male to the hose in the wet bay and a female to the black tank flush. I leave it connected all the time and just turn on the cold water when I want to flush the tank. I flip the wire thingy to keep the nozzle open. Has worked for me for the last 3 years. It's not as fancy as a hard plumbed setup but it works.

Mallory

. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0500.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	208268
Mwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Hey Chuck:

Not sure I understand, but think I can answer part of your issue. On my Cornerstone, on the passenger side, the water tank resides just like in your Anthem, but I now have what appears to be a plastic cap which can be removed to use to add water directly to my fresh water tank. I have never done it yet and not absolutely sure that is what it is because I have not yet removed the cap and given it a try, but I am pretty sure it is a direct feed into the fresh water tank inside. A water hose or water cans can be used to add water directly (if you were dry camping somewhere). On the sewer side of things, I am generally impressed with the macerator system. I see the old style stinky slinky connections and carry an old style hose, but have not yet felt the need to give that a try either. Maybe that is not the question you are asking.

Gary
Gary, everything you wrote above regarding the fresh water tank gravity fill on the passenger side of the coach is correct, at least on our 2018.

Regarding adding fresh water to the tank from jugs, my friend Mac Beatson put me onto a simple way to do that. I'll have to do it again to document the exact procedure, but what it involves is going into the wet bay and using a short length of clear tubing that Entegra provides for winterizing purposes. You put that tubing into your jug of water, turn a plastic quarter-turn valve to the appropriate setting, change the city-water/tank-fill valve to tank fill, and turn on the water pump. The water in the jug will be pumped into the fresh water tank.

Don't take the procedure I outlined above as gospel until I run a confirming experiment, but I'm sure you get the idea.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:02 PM   #8

Chuck,
I do the same as Mallory, except I have a short hose permanently connected to the black tank flush fitting, I just screw it onto the sprayer when I need it.

I use hot water to flush with.

If you want to get fancy (and these are on my list to do to the Aspire) I put a pair of camco tornado sprayers in both the black and gray tanks in my previous monaco, here's a blog post on the install.
Tank Cleaners And Poop Sensors. – Roam Sweet Roam
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:39 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Look for ideas of what other have done plumbing wise for the new models on the fresh water fill and black tank flush without have to disconnect hoses. Thanks.
I went the pex route with 2 ball valves and a back flow preventer ( even though there is another one in line) when the handles are at 6 and 12 - normal flow to fresh water fill or coach , when at 9 and 3 flushing the back tank. Saves a lot of time and not have to carry another hose or hook anything up
Neon8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:46 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Here You go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1891128E-CD75-4AA7-A7D7-B59644B6706A.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	208286   Click image for larger version

Name:	83A2B3DE-0314-46BB-A6A9-D5811D87C644.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	208287  

Old 06-23-2018, 10:53 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Red face

Should’ve said when the handles are vertical it’s going to freshwater or coach as usual and when the horizontal it’s going to black tank flush
Old 06-24-2018, 05:51 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon8s View Post
I went the pex route with 2 ball valves and a back flow preventer ( even though there is another one in line) when the handles are at 6 and 12 - normal flow to fresh water fill or coach , when at 9 and 3 flushing the back tank. Saves a lot of time and not have to carry another hose or hook anything up
Thank you for the photo, I couldn't agree more about the time saver, extra hoses etc. Not having mine yet and no mods posted, I was curious how others routed the plumbing.... I see up and over is a better route.

Appreciate the ideas from others, it is one of the first mods I will do...hopefully there won't be many on the new model.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:14 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
I did the mod on the 17 and 18. The 17 was manual with a 1/4 turn valve. The 18 was electric with a nc valve and I replaced the water sprayer fitting with a water pressure gauge attached to a valterra water pressure valve. Honestly not sure which way I will go on the 19. The project is done with pex tubing.
Hope we see each other at delivery, and can share some ideas. I would like to mount the Valterra inline this time, would enjoy picking your brain.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:56 AM   #14

I'm probably odd man out on this issue, but the one thread that I NEVER opened and looked at after the first two or three days it appeared on the forum was the "Show us your mods page". I avoided it like the plague. The reason is that my philosophy is to find a coach that has 98% of what I want already on it, and then leave it the heck alone, if at all possible. My assumption was that I did not want to be tempted by a lot of other mods and to live with the coach that I have. It worked.

When I traded in my Anthem and the dealer was trying to figure out how much of a stock or highly ideosyncratic coach they were ready to take from me and asked me how many modifications it had, I could say "nothing major". I believe that the only mods I made to the coach in 3 years were that I put two additional push bars on the screen door/main door to protect the screen if the door banged me or DW on the feet or rear on the way in the coach, the additional turn signals down the side, added a couple of two-hook clothes hooks in the bedroom, changed exhaust pipes, added a one inch space on the living room thermostat, and set up for a gen-turu, added the Progressive EMS HW-50C, and that is about it. I was tempted by Pat's wine rack under the bed but I resisted. I think the dealer breathed a sigh of relief knowing that they had virtually a stock coach to try to understand and sell.

I have found that my decision on Entegra and the Anthem and now the Cornerstone has meant that I have 98% of what I want already installed and ready to go. Do I have to screw on a hose every once in a while.... yes, and I carry a couple of short sections of hose to accomplish things that occassionally need done like flush or add my water filters, but I hope that I will continue to find that I can easily live on this coach without changing it very much.

If I find that I need to make 50 mods to make it liveable, I will be buying another brand.....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, fresh water, tank, water