Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2019, 07:34 AM   #1

Loss of site power gen. Auto start

Anyone know how to hook up the loss of site power off for the generator auto start wires in a 2014 Anthem and where to connect them.
Drbaarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2019, 07:38 AM   #2

Unsure what you mean.

Your coach should have already on it the ability to sense that your batteries are running down (which occurs if the power goes off) and start the genny. I assume you know that. That is built in.

Are you asking about the ability to sense the commercial power directly and as soon as it is lost, to start the genny?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:46 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, The 14 require a transformer modification to sense when shore power is lost and start the generator. I had to have this mod done by Lazy Days as they misrepresented Auto Gen Start when taking the order for my coach.

Drbaarson there are several posts going back to 14 on this modification. Use the search bar at the top of the page type in Entegra Auto Gen Start and you will have several to choose from.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #4

Yes as we have dogs and worry about power loss
Old 11-12-2019, 11:31 AM   #5

I have the transformer just need to know where to hook up the wires
Old 11-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbaarson View Post
I have the transformer just need to know where to hook up the wires
There are several post regarding that, but I think many from the 2014 era that did the modification, aren't too many on the forum anymore. You might have to use the search function to find those posts.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:31 PM   #7

shore power sense terminals 14 and 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbaarson View Post
Anyone know how to hook up the loss of site power off for the generator auto start wires in a 2014 Anthem and where to connect them.
We have a 14 Anthem and I added the shore power sense wiring to make the AGM start with loss of shore power.

I added a single 15 amp breaker to the left side of the breaker panel above the driver. The left side is shore power. I ran romex from the breaker panel around the front of the cap behind the cabinets to the cavity behind the instrument panel above the entry door. Terminated it with a 120 v receptacle and plugged in a 12v transformer to supply the shore sense power.

Remove the EC30 panel and on the back there is a connector with 16 cavities. cavity 14 should be the 12+ for shore power sense and cavity 13 is the shore power sense ground. these are the two you need.

You also need to know Cummins Power Generation (574) 262-4611. Hopefully Grover Simpson is still there. He (or his fill-in) is who you will need to talk to.

The AGM autostart with loss of shore power would not work by simply hooking up the wires as described. The module needed to have the software or calibration updated to 4.0 for the AGM to work correctly when shore power is lost. My module was "obsolete" and would not accept 4.0. I had to buy a new module and have Grover reprogram it for me. He helped orchestrate the new module purchase and intercepted it before it was sent to me and updated the software to 4.0.

Possibly if you simply purchase the latest and greatest replacement command 30 module it has the 4.0 in it already as 4.0 was "new" at the time back in 2014.

Once plugged into the new module with 4.0 the shore power loss AGM worked perfectly. We have had it activate a number of times due to campground power outages and it always has worked perfectly.

Look at your module to see if the terminals are numbered. They are not numbered logically. 14 is the third cavity from the left on the bottom row and 13 is the fourth cavity from the left.

This is all from ancient notes from when I did the mod years ago so your results may vary! Good luck but definitely contact Cummins Power Generation (formally known as Onan) to check the details of your command 30 module
Old 11-12-2019, 12:59 PM   #8

Thanks seems a bit more complicated than expected but that gives me the directions I need.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:24 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I have a different solution for our pets. I keep my at&t hotspot/network with a wifi camera that also has temperature monitoring, plus a backup battery. Whenever the camera looses 115 volt power or the temperature is out set parameters it will send me a notification. Hotspot also has a battery backup. On our 2015 Aspire, when the auto start on the generator is set on and the thermostat calls for cooling the generator will start when park power is not present. I assumed the 2014s did the same.

We use the auto start feature a lot when we are on the road in Texas to keep the coach cool.

Herb
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #10

If that works for the AC units set to air conditioning, then it should work for AC/heat pumps if set in the heat mode.

I know you are right. If I call for AC and the power goes out and the temp starts to climb, it is my understanding that as soon as AC is called for, the autostart will fire up the Onan and run it until you turn it off. I've never tried it for the heat pumps in winter but it seems like it should work the same way.

I also have a unit called a TempStik which is located in the Coach and linked to the Mobley or the Verizon MIFI. I can set any parameter for it to use as a threshhold and if the temp goes above or below my set threshhold, the TempStik will send me a text/email telling me that the parameter has been exceeded as a warning. $125 from Amazon.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:24 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
This was a fairly long post of the process:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/auto...rt-199208.html
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:04 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Good share Mark, I knew it was there.