Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2019, 08:52 PM   #1

Macerator Switch

Greetings. I am a first time blogger and just purchased a 2019 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ. I have a question I hope someone has an answer for. When we are are only staying one night, I prefer to use the mascerator hose rather than the 3" drain, however, we end up filling up the gray water and I have to run outside and turn on the pump. Does anyone know a way to run a couple wires to the control panel above the toilet to add an extra mascerator pump touch switch? For instance, are there unused wires already run, or maybe a conduit? Thanks
MonteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2019, 05:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteC View Post
Greetings. I am a first time blogger and just purchased a 2019 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ. I have a question I hope someone has an answer for. When we are are only staying one night, I prefer to use the mascerator hose rather than the 3" drain, however, we end up filling up the gray water and I have to run outside and turn on the pump. Does anyone know a way to run a couple wires to the control panel above the toilet to add an extra mascerator pump touch switch? For instance, are there unused wires already run, or maybe a conduit? Thanks
The gray water should drain through the pump if you leave the gray valve open. Yes you can run wires and put in a switch upstairs. Don’t know exactly where on your floor plan, but it can certainly be done.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:55 AM   #3

My gray water doesn't drain thru the masurator pump. It has a positive displacement, rubber impeller, that needs to be turning.

I picked up a wireless remote kit and wired it in to the pump wires. Now I leave the gray valve open and hit the button, from inside, and drain the gray tank.

Make sure it can handle the amp draw of your pump. This one is rated for 20 amps.

Matching plugs can be found. Look for minn kota trolling motor plugs. They have 10 gauge wires.Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture%2B_2019-12-09-07-48-39.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	268986Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture%2B_2019-12-09-07-53-43.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	268988
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
My gray water doesn't drain thru the masurator pump. It has a positive displacement, rubber impeller, that needs to be turning.

I picked up a wireless remote kit and wired it in to the pump wires. Now I leave the gray valve open and hit the button, from inside, and drain the gray tank.

Make sure it can handle the amp draw of your pump. This one is rated for 20 amps.

Matching plugs can be found. Look for minn kota trolling motor plugs. They have 10 gauge wires.Attachment 268986Attachment 268988
I don’t understand why some drain and some don’t. I’ve had three Mh with the macerator and everyone drained without turning on the pump.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:19 PM   #5

JH

My macerator system also does not drain the gray tank 95% of the time.... In all the times I have tried, maybe once or twice it drained the tank. Tank valve is open, but the macerator just does not seem to pass liquid unless the macerator is running. So I have given up and simply head outside to dump the tank whenever we get up to about 75% full (when DW is washing clothes usually).

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
JH

My macerator system also does not drain the gray tank 95% of the time.... In all the times I have tried, maybe once or twice it drained the tank. Tank valve is open, but the macerator just does not seem to pass liquid unless the macerator is running. So I have given up and simply head outside to dump the tank whenever we get up to about 75% full (when DW is washing clothes usually).

Gary
It must be because yours still goes uphill before going out. When you open the gray valve it fills the box and the discharge from the pump doesn’t have a tight seal against the side of the box where the overboard discharge line attaches so there no reason water shouldn’t just run out of the macerator box into the discharge line and run overboard unless it’s because of the uphill once it leaves the box.
Since I’ve modified my last two so the discharge doesn’t go up hill that’s probably why mine will drain.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:23 PM   #7

Am I the only one that is thinking a pocket remote for a black / grey tank is a super bad idea?

Update us when you find out would you?
ChuckGirard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckGirard View Post
Am I the only one that is thinking a pocket remote for a black / grey tank is a super bad idea?

Update us when you find out would you?
Why, do you open your valves before you hook up to the sewer connection.

Once all set up, worst that could happen is you drain your tank prematurely.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:46 AM   #9

2017 Aspire 44B, no mods to drainage system (up hill drain).

My grey tank gravity drains through the macerator once the tank fills to ~45%.

Seems every setup may be different.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:57 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
For those interest in adding the switch upstairs, Magic Carpet added the switch and did a photo post of it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 04:50 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Mine drains on it's own when gray tank reaches 40-90% depending on site specifics. To add a switch, add it to the circuit that energizes the macerator relay, that way you can use a light duty switch and wiring.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
For those interest in adding the switch upstairs, Magic Carpet added the switch and did a photo post of it.

Having a hard time finding the post from Magic-carpet. Anyone have a link?
Old 12-16-2019, 08:33 AM   #13

Here is the thread you are looking for:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/remo...es-444953.html
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
Here is the thread you are looking for:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/remo...es-444953.html

Thank you!

Tags