Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #1

Magnum Energy "High Volts AC" Fault

I am having 120v AC problems. The Magnum is tripping on and off and has a red light Fault. The panel states:
"High Volts AC
DC 12.7V 13A"

I have disconnected the AC power and let it sit, turned off all of the 120V brakers, and the main 12V switch (by the door), also pushed (and held for over 15 seconds) the reset button on the Inverter/charger, I have also tried using the generator for power.

I am still getting the same fault and red light on generator, shore power or all power off.

Anyone have any ideas for a fix?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2016, 04:25 PM   #2

Possible inverter board issue --happened to me on my last coach...call Magnum on Monday and they will help you..note they are on pacific time...you could check to make sure you have your shore voltage at 30 as recommended but I think one of the boards in the inverter is toast....
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:06 PM   #3

GM this is not the issue you are asking about but now that you have reset the inverter I think the settings for the inverter were likely automatically reset to "default". Default settings are not likely those you need for your batteries. I think you may need to check this out and reset as required.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:50 AM   #4

Update: Thanks for the help, I will check on all of them. Stuart, last night I took your advice and changed my shore power voltage to 30 (I had it set on 5, I am at home on 15A extension cord). Changing the shore power voltage to 30 helped, the fault light went off. To continue checking things out, unplugged the shore power to see if everything was working, but the "charge" light would keep flashing on and off about 10 times and then a click from the charger/inverter. This continued for about 5 min and then stopped; and then everything was working properly. I checked this morning and everything is still good. I will follow up with a call to Magnum on Monday. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:02 AM   #5

Update 2: I talked to magnum Energy today and they agreed that I needed the shore power voltage set to the available power supply. I had it set a 5 amps (I remembered being told at one of the tech talks at a rally to set the amps to 5 or 10 to limit the power the charger would take.) So, my mistake, I now have the shore power amps set at 15 amps (I am at home and on an extension cord) and everything is working properly. Thanks again for the help
Old 06-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hmmm. I've set my shore power to 5 or 10A many times, with no issues. Believe they even state in the manual that is what it's for .

I must say thou, I've never been hooked up to less than 30A power supply thou.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I keep my inverters at 5 amps when plugged into my 20 storage power. The 5 amp setting is what is allowed to be used by the battery chargers at one time. I have never had a problem with tripping circuit breakers or any fault codes. With that setting I am able to run one roof air without tripping the breaker.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:31 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Interesting, a shore power setting of 5 amps to limit the battery chargers should have nothing to do with the rest passing through to the coach. What if the chargers were turned off, would it produce an AC over voltage? Something is not right here. Resetting everything may have cured the problem for now but setting shore power to 5 amps should not affect things.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:59 PM   #9

Update Magnum Energy "High Volts AC" fault

The fault light went away but came back the next day, and I talked to Magnum Energy again and could not come up with a solution.
I removed the inverter and took it into an authorized dealer, after a week in the shop the problem showed up, so they replaced a board.
They also said that it unusual that they had three of this model inverters in for repairs and was wondering if something was up with the date of manufacturer.
The repair guy also said to set the shore power to 5amps for charging the battery (normally).
Thanks for the help guys, I am back up running now. The next thing is to put in 50 amp service for the RV at home.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:31 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Glen, thanks for that update....big help for others that may run into that unusual problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:23 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Magnum Energy "High Volts AC" Fault

gm........
Setting shore power to 5 amps is for being plugged in to a 110v outlet, so you can keep your reefer going and still topping off your batteries.

With normal 50 amp shore power, you should bump your shore power to at least 30 amps and is SOP for normal operation.
With 30 amp shore power, cut back to 15.
With 110v cut back to 5amp shore power.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2017 Anthem DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:17 PM   #12

A friend just sent me this dormant thread and I'm waking it up again again since I had (have) the exact same problems, and allot more...

My issues started out with the AC HV Faults as well. I called Magnum who directed me to change my AC Transfer settings, saying that in the 'UPS' mode that the high end AC trip is too low and may cause this. This statement was later corrected by someone else at Magnum, but it made sense at the time.

From another line monitor in the coach I was getting LF (Low Frequency) alarms, later confirmed on the Magnum panel, causing the inverter to randomly shut down and reset. When watching this I noticed that when the inverter restarted it would start low in frequency before getting back up to 60Hz

I also noticed that the charge light was randomly and intermittently flashing. I looked at the manual and they say that that LED may, or may not flash.. no reason. This looked like something loose and not a nicely timed flash.

I have a literal page of notes of all the issues noted and have talked to Magnum several times about all of them, and as soon as I hang up the phone, more 1-off issues pop up.

Since, when working, it charges just fine, and makes power all night. I think this may be an intermittent issue, so I pulled the network cords from the Magnum, ARC-50, AGS, BMK, and cleaned them with Cramlon as well as a good exercise of the RJ11 connectors when re-plugged in. (knocking on wood) SO FAR there are no issues, but I will go visit today and make sure the inverter hasn't randomly turned itself on again (another issue).

And yes, setting the input current has zero effect on any HV Fault unless this is a software issue they haven't mentioned

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote