Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2017, 08:05 AM   #1

MCD Power Shade Motors Failling

I have a 2014 Entegra 42RBQ. On the first long trip to Fl.5th morning raised the NIGHT master, and all came up except DS. Checked voltage, and it was drawing 12 volt. So bad motor.. 3 days later, raised NIGHT master, this time NT shade over PS sofa would not go up. Checked, same bad motor. 10 day later rised NIGHT master, Now entry shade won't go up.. Are these MCD shades a joke or what. Are they all going out.. how much do these motors cost, and can you get replacements..
umsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2017, 08:09 AM   #2
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Do you actually have MCD brand shades? On our '15 the shades are all United and the failing motors issue is very common and well documented on the forum. If you have the United shades with "yellow" motors, Entegra should provide you with replacement "red" motors which will correct the problems.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:25 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
In the 2014 they are United Shades. Call Entegra ,they are still replacing motor under warranty. I received two yesterday, but they will no longer send spares. Reminder to change both day and night shade motors while you have them down. Entegra is still replacing them in pairs, but I had to ask. New CS rep.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:45 AM   #4

Thanks,, Great info..
Old 02-22-2017, 01:16 PM   #5

I called Entegra Customer Service, and they was great. Even though it is past the 2 years, they still will send me motors at no charge.Hard to believe that a Co will go out of their way to take care of a customer. Sure not like the last coach mfg. I dealt with.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #6

UPDATE

2014 Anthem 42RBQ..Just got back from a month in Florida. During that month, day by day I kept have different shades fail. Got home 2 days ago. Called Entegra Customer Service and found out the UNITED SHADE CO. will only cover shades for 2 years. i now have 6 motors that are bad. Customer service explained there has been a problem with the UNITED SHADE, and even though UNITED won't back them, As a courtesy they would send me 6 motors. I explained that if they are failing like that, and there has been a problem, I would like to have the all changed. After talking his supervisor the rep. explained to me that as a COURTESY they would pay for 6, but that is all..
I have heard some say the warranty on these UNITED Shades is 3 years.. I mentioned this to the rep and he said UNITED would only go 2 years.. After that Entegra is replacing out of courtesy.. How long they will go is anyones guess..

Tags
power