Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #1

MCD Shades??

Just saw a thread on the manufactures thread where MCD claimed at the Elkhart dealers show that they are now furnishing shades for Entegra which would be a change and a GREAT IMPROVEMENT, IMHO. That could be why they are now coming with the one piece windshield shade also. Anyone with a new one know for sure? I REALLY HOPE that information from MCD is correct. We had them in our Travel Supreme and in my opinion were better shades than what is in our 2011 Anthem.

Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #2

We have them on all sides of our motorhome. We think they are a great product.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #3

We installed ours last year and have had no problems, we did all 8 windows and cockpit.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #4

Mcd

Ann & Gene, yes our new Anthem has MCD. They are much heavier than the old ones. Noel
Old 09-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

It's a good move for Entegra to go with MCD. An upscale coach should have upscale shades and MCD are the best.

I'm thinking this is a work in progress. The Aspire 44U that I just saw had an MCD windshield shade but still the United side shades. Then again, it's possible that the Aspire gets the mix to keep the price down while the Anthem gets complete MCD shades? Don't know for sure, but the new Aspire did have MCDs in the windshield.

One thing I did notice is that the Entegra's wth Universal interior shades had them reversed from what others are doing. The solar shades were to the inside while the white sunblocking night shades were to the outside. For best effect it should be the other way around.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #6

Another sticking point with me is that I think the night shades SHOULD BE THE ONES that have individual controls in the living room and kitchen INSTEAD of the day shades. Many times the afternoon sun is so bright that you need to put down a night shade to keep the heat and sun out of the coach. That is not possible the way they are programming the individual controls. They allow individual control of the day shades which is totally not needed because you can see through them easily anyway but it would be helpful to be able to put down ONE night shade, especially in the fall and winter when the sun is so far south. All just my opinion, what do the rest of you guys think? If most of us prefer it that way, I am willing to bet that Entegra will listen as they are very responsive to customers, it is just that not many of them, if any, travel in motor homes. I would be interested in how everyone feels about this.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Another sticking point with me is that I think the night shades SHOULD BE THE ONES that have individual controls in the living room and kitchen INSTEAD of the day shades. Many times the afternoon sun is so bright that you need to put down a night shade to keep the heat and sun out of the coach. That is not possible the way they are programming the individual controls. They allow individual control of the day shades which is totally not needed because you can see through them easily anyway but it would be helpful to be able to put down ONE night shade, especially in the fall and winter when the sun is so far south. All just my opinion, what do the rest of you guys think? If most of us prefer it that way, I am willing to bet that Entegra will listen as they are very responsive to customers, it is just that not many of them, if any, travel in motor homes. I would be interested in how everyone feels about this.
I didn't realize that all of the night shades were on the same channel. That is pretty dumb. In my coach I have a hybrid setup. Naturally, both windshield shades are powered, with individual controls. The cockpit side shades, both day and night, are also powered and have wireless remote 2 channel controls by each cockpit seat. The living area shades are hybrid. The night shades are all powered, with individual controls (as well as an "all" button). My day shades are the manually operated GlideRise IV configuration. That's handy when you're driving and a passenger needs some sun shading. They just reach up and pull down the shade without having to fish for a controller or panel.

I agree that they are responsive and want to do the right things. But, it's also true that not really travelling or living in a motorhome makes a huge difference in understanding what the customer is looking for.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #8

My cockpit night shades are all on one button with the rest of the front end (kitchen and living room) controlled with a different button. Day shades are all individually controlled.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #9

Anthem has MCD system, if I recall the Aspires had manual shades which is likely why the aren't MCD. I also agree that the night shades need individual controls, probably could do that with the iPad system thats optional.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #10

Quote:
amen.... i totally agree...very frustrating the way they are programmed now.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I agree also that the shade op is reversed. Night shades should be individually controlled. Do we need to bombard Tadd with emails to get it changed?
Old 09-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #12

I am at the factory and have an appointment starting tomorrow morning, I will make Tadd and Joyce and whomever else may have some input aware of this thread and what everyone thinks. I am just glad to know that we are not the only ones frustrated with the setup!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #13

Having to use your hands to pull down the individual shades is what I like. The automated windshield one is fine, but sometimes putting a motor on an item is a step backward.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Does anyone know if this is just a programming issue? If necessary, could MCD make the change if Entegra won't?