Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2016, 11:59 AM   #99

I tried in vain to get to that rear wheel connection, just could not do it. We disconnected the plug that went to the maker light on the rear wheel well. Bought new male and femaile plugs on ebay that match the spartan setup. Ran all the new lights from one to the other and then tied them into the front turn signal light. Works like a charm. I changed the side red marker to a Peterbuilt 12 led also but it not make it flash. This also now leaves me a vacant marker light plug should I decide to add anything else.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #100

Diesel Gem

I am looking at running to the front turn signal light also (which I have already used for my new front LED turn signal lights). I am also having trouble visualizing how I am going to get to the connector that Richard has found unless I head to somewhere that has a grease pit that would let me stand up into that space and remove and modify the connector or maybe a shop where the outer dual tire can be removed and that should permit a person to get to that connector from the space where the tire used to be.

Did you run your wires forward under the coach basement, or up through the center of the coach with all the inverter wiring and general wiring? Was getting through the front "fire wall" into the genny compartment to access the front turn signal lights a problem....? did you have to drill to get through that area or was there an open space that you used?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:32 PM   #101

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselgem View Post
I tried in vain to get to that rear wheel connection, just could not do it. We disconnected the plug that went to the maker light on the rear wheel well. Bought new male and femaile plugs on ebay that match the spartan setup. Ran all the new lights from one to the other and then tied them into the front turn signal light. Works like a charm. I changed the side red marker to a Peterbuilt 12 led also but it not make it flash. This also now leaves me a vacant marker light plug should I decide to add anything else.

That is doable, like you said if you power the marker lights from the front turn signals you would have marker lights as well as turn signals.

I think this would work for pre 16s where the front turn signals only use a two wire lamp.

To check this turn lights on and then a turn signal with switch on and notice if the front turn signal goes completely out between flashes.

Gary this may be a better solution. This way you would have both marker and turn signals on the lights you added.

That's the way I wire my mirror market lights. I'll see if I can upload the video.

Well can't upload.

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #102

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
After driving our '17 almost 2,000 miles, I can say that having the side markers FLASH with your turn signals is a HUGE benefit!

When drivers see those flashers come on, your intent to change lanes is clearly communicated. Of course, then, their true nature is revealed...they either courteously slow, allowing you to safely change lanes, or (and far too commonly) mash their accelerators and jump ahead. But at least, from a safety point of view, one or the other will clearly occur.

So, if you turn on your signal and just wait a beat or two, you'll know what is going to occur, making things more safe for all. The side blinkers are a big help! Thanks Entegra, for making that change on the new models!

If you have an earlier model, modifying your coach to accomplish adding side turn markers is highly recommended!

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2017 Anthem DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:53 PM   #103

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT View Post
Gary,

Might be the route I decide to go and get some 3 wire signal lights so I have both marker and turn signal lights.

Jim
Jim, the front amber turn signal is both maker and turn signal. I found it easy to tap into that wire (one screw to remove the turn signal). Run a wire from that to the factory rear red maker light. I used two wire Peterbuilt marker lights. Replace the factory 2 LED lights, with the new 10 LED lights and connect the black wire to your new marker/turn signal wire. Add additional lights connecting to the same wire. They will all flash and be marker lights without having to do anything else.

The hardest thing to do is remembering that white is ground.....that drove me crazy! I finally bought black and white wire to make it easier.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:06 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Diesel Gem

I am looking at running to the front turn signal light also (which I have already used for my new front LED turn signal lights). I am also having trouble visualizing how I am going to get to the connector that Richard has found unless I head to somewhere that has a grease pit that would let me stand up into that space and remove and modify the connector or maybe a shop where the outer dual tire can be removed and that should permit a person to get to that connector from the space where the tire used to be.

Did you run your wires forward under the coach basement, or up through the center of the coach with all the inverter wiring and general wiring? Was getting through the front "fire wall" into the genny compartment to access the front turn signal lights a problem....? did you have to drill to get through that area or was there an open space that you used?

Gary
I had no problem running them under the coach. I then removed the turn signal and fed a stiff wire down and pulled the new wire up. No drilling, I used wire loom for the runs. Bought it by the 100' on ebay. I got the packard plugs there as well. I did drill to run the ground wire on the frame of the lower wheel well. Let me know if you need a photo. There is plenty of room to tie the wire above the well.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #105
JJT

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Jim, the front amber turn signal is both maker and turn signal. I found it easy to tap into that wire (one screw to remove the turn signal). Run a wire from that to the factory rear red maker light. I used two wire Peterbuilt marker lights. Replace the factory 2 LED lights, with the new 10 LED lights and connect the black wire to your new marker/turn signal wire. Add additional lights connecting to the same wire. They will all flash and be marker lights without having to do anything else.

The hardest thing to do is remembering that white is ground.....that drove me crazy! I finally bought black and white wire to make it easier.
Thanks Chuck,

Do those Peterbuilt marker lights fit the existing holes of the OEM?
JJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:29 PM   #106

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Chuck,

Do those Peterbuilt marker lights fit the existing holes of the OEM?
Same hole pattern and fit perfect. I also bought the new additional light plugs on the right side of the page for $1.89 ea. That made adding the additional light wire connections, plug and play and weatherproof. Replacement lights if needed can be purchased at any truck stop and no splicing needs with the plug in connections. 2 screws, plug in the new light and on the road. Big Rig Chrome Shop - Semi Truck Chrome Shop, Truck Lighting and Chrome Accessories
Old 06-26-2016, 04:38 PM   #107
JJT

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks so much Chuck. Can't seem to find the pigtail plug you mentioned on that site. Can you post a link?
JJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:44 PM   #108

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks so much Chuck. Can't seem to find the pigtail plug you mentioned on that site. Can you post a link?
Sorry, $1.39 ea. Big Rig Chrome Shop - Semi Truck Chrome Shop, Truck Lighting and Chrome Accessories
Old 06-26-2016, 05:47 PM   #109

This is what the rear ambers look like in daylight.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:56 PM   #110

Entegra Owners Club
They'll see us when they try to come around now If not, I hope their ditch insurance is paid. It won't be our fault anymore. Nice job DG.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:12 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
They'll see us when they try to come around now If not, I hope their ditch insurance is paid. It won't be our fault anymore. Nice job DG.
Thanks Chuck, I did not realize just how much of a difference they made until I put them on.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:31 PM   #112

Entegra Owners Club
Since we're on a turn signal / marker light binge though I would share this.

These are six LEDs from Iowa 80 Truck Stop. They are turn signal only as there is already a marker light on the lower side of the arm.

Don't have the number of lights that Chuck and Jim have but I'm getting there.

Pat nice report on the added benefits of the side turn signals. Makes us safer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1466990772.396774.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	131393
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote