Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Mid Coach Turn Signals

Since the issue of side turn signals has come up in other post I thought I would start a new post on that issue on what I have found.

First, I have added side turn signals to our coach a 2013 Aspire RBQ and will post a picture. I found the turn signal signal wire inside the drive axle wheel wells.

This area is behind where the side marker light is located. Follow the wiring from the marker light to a two wire Packard connection, continue past this connection to a Packard connection that has three wires coming in and only two going out to the marker light. That third wire coming in is the turn signal.
This is all located in the front top of the wheel well

I emailed Mike O'Neil the trainer at Spartan today and he confirmed that the Packard connection that has three wire going in and two out is provided by Spartan not Entegra. The wiring after this to the marker light is Entegraís.

So all coaches build on Spartan Chassis should have this wiring. Iím posting a picture of this connection and as you can see it is labeled right turn / marker.

You can not see it in the picture but there are three wires coming out of this plug now, I added the third one for the turn signal. This is a sealed connection so you want to maintain the integrity of this connection against the elements in that wheel well.

Iím also posting a picture of the parts I used to access the turn signal wire in the Packard connection.

The two green plugs / blanks on the right are what I remove from the Packard connection, one from the right and one from the left. The two package items are what were added to the Packard connection for the turn signal wire. The 85305 and 85338 are Dorman number and should be available at most auto parts store.

The lights I added for the turn signals are LEDs combination marker / turn signal and only require a 3/4Ē hole to install.

brobox, the picture of the Packard connection is the one you wanted to see.

Richard
Gasman 2

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1444096054.497248.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	108886

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1444096078.614388.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	108887

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1444096118.147676.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	108888

Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Richard, thank you for those photos. It is bookmarked and I will probably be looking for the plug before I get home.

I was also told of a 10 LED side light available at Flying J that fit our existing marker light screw holes. I am going to pick one up on the way home and see if I can find an online supplier. Great info, thank you!!!

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:07 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Gasman:

I would prefer to wire my existing side marker/mirror lights to the turn signals/flashers. Can one jump the third wire to the existing two wire (either the hot or ground) to get this effect? I jumped the hot from the tail lights to the marker lights. Turn signals worked great UNTIL the lights were turned on. Then, no flash side or REAR. Thanks
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #4

I think that you need a marker/ signal light that has 3 wires and a 3 way plug-in. They are marker/ signal/ ground. They would have a three prong fitting and different LED's would blink than are used for the marker light. I have only been able to find one light that would do this. I am still looking for a better looking light than the bus side turn/marker that is available. I will be ordering a Maxxima M20330Y amber 2"x6" LED to see if it will work. Has anyone tried this one?
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:34 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
Gasman:

I would prefer to wire my existing side marker/mirror lights to the turn signals/flashers. Can one jump the third wire to the existing two wire (either the hot or ground) to get this effect? I jumped the hot from the tail lights to the marker lights. Turn signals worked great UNTIL the lights were turned on. Then, no flash side or REAR. Thanks

Stew,
Tell me how the front turn signals behave now with your running lights on. If the front turn signal goes completely off as the turn signal flashes then you can remove the hot wire going to the mirror light and attached the wire from the mirror to the hot wire of the front turn signal.

Confirm that you are working with the hot (power) wires from both lights and not the ground.

Tell me before your start this how many wires are come from each light. If more than two each the above does not apply.

As for the side turn signals you need to find the Packard connection (plug) located (please look at the picture I posted) in the wheel wells on each side that has the three wires going in and two going out. The two going out will be for the marker light and third one going in will be the turn signal. This is where the Spartan wiring mets the Entegra wiring.

You will have to decide if want to replace the original marker light with a light that is a combination marker / turn signal. This type will have three wire leds or add another light.

Hope this helps.
Richard
Old 10-06-2015, 09:52 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Stew,
Tell me how the front turn signals behave now with your running lights on. If the front turn signal goes completely off as the turn signal flashes then you can remove the hot wire going to the mirror light and attached the wire from the mirror to the hot wire of the front turn signal.

Confirm that you are working with the hot (power) wires from both lights and not the ground.

Tell me before your start this how many wires are come from each light. If more than two each the above does not apply.

As for the side turn signals you need to find the Packard connection (plug) located (please look at the picture I posted) in the wheel wells on each side that has the three wires going in and two going out. The two going out will be for the marker light and third one going in will be the turn signal. This is where the Spartan wiring mets the Entegra wiring.

You will have to decide if want to replace the original marker light with a light that is a combination marker / turn signal. This type will have three wire leds or add another light.

Hope this helps.
Richard

Just a disclaimer here, this is the changes in wiring I made on our 2013 Aspire If they will work safely and without damage on your coach is a decision you need to make. Spartan and Entegra may have changed the wiring since 2013.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:33 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
In related question, where are the fuses for the tail, turn, clearance, and brake lights on Cornerstone?

Checking out markers that flash, and it seems Prevost have multiple turn and clearance lights maybe because it is a bus. Checked ten. Late model 45' Newmar Mountain Air has clearance lights that flash and the mirror light flashes. But most 45 motor home either don't flash. I guess it is something people don't think about.

I located the two wire plug and the three wire plug in the drive axle wheel well. Is there any similar plugs elsewhere? Surely there must be plugs in the rear near the tail lights. Probably plugs in front near turn signals. Anyone know?
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:31 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDaveTX View Post
In related question, where are the fuses for the tail, turn, clearance, and brake lights on Cornerstone?

Checking out markers that flash, and it seems Prevost have multiple turn and clearance lights maybe because it is a bus. Checked ten. Late model 45' Newmar Mountain Air has clearance lights that flash and the mirror light flashes. But most 45 motor home either don't flash. I guess it is something people don't think about.

I located the two wire plug and the three wire plug in the drive axle wheel well. Is there any similar plugs elsewhere? Surely there must be plugs in the rear near the tail lights. Probably plugs in front near turn signals. Anyone know?

Turbo Dave,
Glad you found the third wire that will be the turn signal for that side. I have never found any third wire for the front or rear.

As for fuses for the lights the ones I know about are in the round box in the rear under the chassis batt. And these are only for the trailer plug. I know there are other fuses in this box for other function but as far lights the only lighting fuses are for the trailer plug.

Here is what Spartan told me about their chassis fuses:

These functions that you are referencing do not have fuses in the circuits. They are ran off a ground input to our SCM (Spartan Control Module) with a VDC output from the same controller, out to the component

The SCM is typically located on the front fire wall, drivers side mounted down low. This is not a serviceable component, if there is an internal failure the whole piece needs to be replaced. Snipped below is a sketch of what the SCM looks like.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
End of quote
I could not paste the picture into this. It does give you much anyway.

I have been searching for direct replacement as far size for the side marker lights that is a dual intensity led but have not found any.

Does anyone know if the side marker has been the same from 2013 through 2015 on all models of the Entegra line.

Maybe someone that has a 2016 could give us number from the side marker/turn signal light.

Richard
Old 10-10-2015, 05:42 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Here is a site that has a lot of info on side turn signals and mods.

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
Old 10-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a great shot of the SCM. It's in there somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	XGA_8734.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	109290  
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:45 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If we are looking for a turn signal wire or a marker light wire, is there any reason why one could not tap into the trailer connection wiring? If it works on your toad, it should work on the coach. Maybe not like the factory wired it, but the end results should be the same and I know where to locate that connection.
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

I thought about that as well. That would be the easy route if you were adding turn signals to the rear half of the coach but not so much for any place near the front. For that I'd go with the front turn signal wiring.

You could maybe hook up one of those school bus swing out stop signs, mount it to the side of the coach and relabel it "I'm Turning! Move it or lose it".
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:07 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Here's a great shot of the SCM. It's in there somewhere.

Do it yourself kit?😳
Old 10-10-2015, 01:22 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDaveTX View Post
If we are looking for a turn signal wire or a marker light wire, is there any reason why one could not tap into the trailer connection wiring? If it works on your toad, it should work on the coach. Maybe not like the factory wired it, but the end results should be the same and I know where to locate that connection.

If you were to connect into trailer wiring to get your turn signal remember it will function as brake light as well as a turn signal, that may or may not be what you want.

And it would not function as a marker light unless you use a combination turn / marker light that has three wires. Ground, signal & marker.

Now the front is a different story.

If your coach is on a Spartan the wiring is there for the mid coach turn signal, you just need to find it.