Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2017, 08:18 PM   #1

Midwest repair shops that are trustworthy

It's been too long since I've visited this great forum. We've just finished a 3 week trip in our 2012 Aspire and definitely need to do some post-warranty work. Among the things we need fixed are a cargo bay door that had a bolt rust out (resulting in damage to the door and the adjacent panel), very slow leak on one tire, some finicky slide issues, persistent front headlight shorts, and a host of nuisance items that need to be resolved.

I love our coach, but sadly I've been less than thrilled with some of the work done at the factory during the last two visits. Living in the Chicago area, I'm looking for a midwestern repair facility that can handle an Entegra Coach, do some body work (including repainting), mechanical things, and basically do a top to bottom inspection for things that may be on their last legs of service. Any reliable recommendations from other midwestern Entegra owners?

I've heard Entegra no longer uses Precision for painting, but my experience with them repairing a rear panel crack was exceptionally good.

Thanks for any recommendations!
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2017, 10:12 PM   #2

May be worth a drive to NIRVC in Lewisville, TX. Excellent service! We're here now and a couple from Kansas City just drove down for service.
txdebbielong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:39 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
If you want NIRVC, Atlanta would be closer and they are an Entegra authorized location.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:20 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Check out RV Service Reviews for recommended shop locations in virtually any part of the US or Canada. I have used this site, both to look for recommended locations and to submit reviews for places I've used, and have found it to be very helpful.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdebbielong View Post
May be worth a drive to NIRVC in Lewisville, TX. Excellent service! We're here now and a couple from Kansas City just drove down for service.
Apparently given the info in an earlier A/C Compressor problem, even Entegra recommends them. Atlanta is about 150 miles closer though . . .
Old 07-20-2017, 08:31 PM   #6

You might consider S&S Collision in Wakarusa, Indiana (about 15 miles from the Entegra Factory.) Kaci Smith can put you in touch with the correct people. 574.862.7924. Home - S&S Automotive Restoration & Collision, LLC,auto repair S&S supplies contract paint repair to Entegra and have their people inside the plant daily so they can keep up on what is going on. Well run shop and did what they promised and followed thru when I had the rear cap separating and a failed slide roller. They were doing a lot of collision work on coaches at their shop so they are used to this sort of thing. They even buffed out a couple of scratches and did some touch up work which was excellent.

Every shop I have been around lately seems to be inundated with work. Either there are a lot of RV's and a lot of them need a lot of work or the RV apacolypse is near. Spartan, Cummins-Bridgeway, etc. seem unable to get enough techs or something because all of them are backed way up.

I just picked our coach up from Cummins-Bridgeway in GrandRapids, MI which is usually my go-to place in a pinch. They can cover some of the work but I expect the wait will be long. Same at Spartan. Our Coach was at Spartan for the ball joint recall and they are very busy and just squeezed us in since I could leave it there for a week. Of course I left there to go to Cumminss-Bridgeway Grand Rapids to get the mystery Onan generator problem solved that Spartan tried but missed.

Brett is on a timely introduction with the quality NIRV services being offered as there certainly seems to be a dearth of quality repair facilities.

Good luck!!
Old 07-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #7
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Highly recommend Paul's RV repair in Wakarusa, IN. Paul Conley was with Precision until a couple of years ago but left to open up his own shop. Brought along some of his top help, too. Did an awesome job on our front-end damage and adjusted our bay doors so they stay shut now. Probably can't fix your tire, though. Any big rig tire shop can handle that.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:06 PM   #8

Second Paul's, he and his crew have done a lot for us(mods, repairs, paint fixes etc) over the years. You will get frustrated with him returning your calls but his work is the best.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
On the slow tire leak, check the valve stem. Common for them to come loose at the base. Sung it with a wrench might solve your problem. The O rings inside dry with age.

S&S did a good job for us, much better than Entegra's paint guy. Paul also has an excellent reputation.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:11 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Just left Paul's this morning. Many minor items, some not so minor such as a damaged bay door. They completed all items in one day. Great job.

While we were in the area we took the opportunity to see our 2018 Cornerstone 45X under construction at Entegra. Wife thinks it's beautiful. Happy wife--happy life!

Dave
dcphil_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #11

We ended up using Paul's RV repair in Wakarusa. They were great! The quality of the work was great, his pricing was fair, and he genuinely seems to care about his customers and his business. They will be our "go-to" repair/remodeling source going forward! Thanks for all of your input last summer.
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:04 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the update. Always nice to hear of success stories for the next person that will need service.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, rust