RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-10-2019, 01:46 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4
Mirror replacement

Hi,
I've been on irv2 for a while, new to the Entegra forum. Just purchased a nice used 2014 Anthem and proceeded to knock the drivers side mirror off. Broke at the pivot shaft between the mounting arm and the mirror assembly.

How do I go about removing the shaft and wiring so I can replace the mirror?

I assume I just can't replace the small shaft that broke.

Where would you recommend getting another mirror? Tried Entegra but they aren't responding to my email.

Thanks ...
Ray
__________________

__________________
Ray & Wendy
Full-time wanna-be ... soon
2014 Anthem 42RBQ
RayandWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2019, 02:30 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Flanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 880
I’d go right to the source - https://www.ramco-eng.com/

Call their customer service department and if your in the Middlebury area you can drive right to them for repairs.

To remove the arm and the complete mirror assembly you’ll need to perform the following.

Slide out the generator and look up inside the front cap where the arm is connected.

Dig out the spray in expansion foam. Locate all wires and disconnect them. I don’t remember how many, but find the wires and connectors and disconnect them.

Next, go out to the arm and mirror and look under where the arm connects to the coach. Remove the round cap and then using a ratchet and socket remove the bolt.

You’ll need a rubber mallet to bang up on the bottom of the arm to remove it from the coach. Once removed slowly pull the wires and arm away from the coach....

I replaced my mirror head when a rock hit it and the plastic paint pulled away from the head. Once the assembly is away from the coach you can start to disassemble it.
__________________

__________________
Paul and Diane
2017 Entegra Anthem 44B
‘05 Toyota Tacoma- ‘19 Harley-Davidson Roadglide Ultra
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:57 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
2Nailz's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 102
You may be able to just replace the mirror head, it includes the shaft, as long as the arm is not damaged. I believe there are 3 hex? screws on the arm around where the mirror shaft enters the arm. When you have loosened or removed the 3 screws the shaft will pull free from the arm. There are wires that go through the center of the shaft and into the arm. If there is not a disconnect you will have to clip them as close to the mirror shaft as possible. The replacement mirror will have the wires already threaded through the shaft. You will have to match them up with the ones remaining in the arm. I have replaced my drivers side mirror head myself without having to replace the entire arm and mirror. It was not very difficult to do.
__________________
Safe Travels, Curtis
2015 Entegra Aspire 39e "The Buffalo"
2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon
2Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:33 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
The Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Full timers
Posts: 10
One other tip for mirror replacement

Last month I knocked my passenger mirror off at a very narrow tollbooth on the Ohio turnpike. We were headed for Boston and I wanted to replace the mirror before navigating the traffic there. I called Entegra parts who gave me the part number and referred me to Ramco. Talked to a great parts guy at Ramco who told me how to remove the mirror and arm and then shipped the new assembly to our next stop in New York. That was Tuesday afternoon and on Friday at 1pm the new mirror arrived at our RV park. I installed it in about an hour. Since I got both the mirror and the arm, I just had to thread each wire bundle through the hole in the base plate on the coach and then connect each one to the coach wiring. Here's my tip - when removing the old mirror, cut the four old wire bundles in the generator bay leaving at least six inches from the attachment clips coming from the coach. Pull the old arm and wires out and then thread each new wire bundle through the small hole in the base plate. (This is a two person job.) Each bundle has a different clip and color on it but with the old one still attached on the coach side you easily can see where each bundle attaches. And there are lots of other wire bundles in there as well so if you're like me you can get confused on where things go. Good luck.
The Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:34 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
I’d go right to the source - https://www.ramco-eng.com/

Call their customer service department and if your in the Middlebury area you can drive right to them for repairs.

To remove the arm and the complete mirror assembly you’ll need to perform the following.

Slide out the generator and look up inside the front cap where the arm is connected.

Dig out the spray in expansion foam. Locate all wires and disconnect them. I don’t remember how many, but find the wires and connectors and disconnect them.

Next, go out to the arm and mirror and look under where the arm connects to the coach. Remove the round cap and then using a ratchet and socket remove the bolt.

You’ll need a rubber mallet to bang up on the bottom of the arm to remove it from the coach. Once removed slowly pull the wires and arm away from the coach....

I replaced my mirror head when a rock hit it and the plastic paint pulled away from the head. Once the assembly is away from the coach you can start to disassemble it.
Thanks! that sounds like just the info I need. I will be contacting Ramco next week.
__________________
Ray & Wendy
Full-time wanna-be ... soon
2014 Anthem 42RBQ
RayandWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:35 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Nailz View Post
You may be able to just replace the mirror head, it includes the shaft, as long as the arm is not damaged. I believe there are 3 hex? screws on the arm around where the mirror shaft enters the arm. When you have loosened or removed the 3 screws the shaft will pull free from the arm. There are wires that go through the center of the shaft and into the arm. If there is not a disconnect you will have to clip them as close to the mirror shaft as possible. The replacement mirror will have the wires already threaded through the shaft. You will have to match them up with the ones remaining in the arm. I have replaced my drivers side mirror head myself without having to replace the entire arm and mirror. It was not very difficult to do.
Yes, it is just the mirror head. Broke off the shaft. Shame I can't just replace the shaft.
__________________
Ray & Wendy
Full-time wanna-be ... soon
2014 Anthem 42RBQ
RayandWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:28 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
DSL417's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,374
Blog Entries: 2
That Sounds Familiar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
Last month I knocked my passenger mirror off at a very narrow tollbooth on the Ohio turnpike. We were headed for Boston and I wanted to replace the mirror before navigating the traffic there. I called Entegra parts who gave me the part number and referred me to Ramco. Talked to a great parts guy at Ramco who told me how to remove the mirror and arm and then shipped the new assembly to our next stop in New York. That was Tuesday afternoon and on Friday at 1pm the new mirror arrived at our RV park. I installed it in about an hour. Since I got both the mirror and the arm, I just had to thread each wire bundle through the hole in the base plate on the coach and then connect each one to the coach wiring. Here's my tip - when removing the old mirror, cut the four old wire bundles in the generator bay leaving at least six inches from the attachment clips coming from the coach. Pull the old arm and wires out and then thread each new wire bundle through the small hole in the base plate. (This is a two person job.) Each bundle has a different clip and color on it but with the old one still attached on the coach side you easily can see where each bundle attaches. And there are lots of other wire bundles in there as well so if you're like me you can get confused on where things go. Good luck.
FOR THE UNITIATED, USE THE FARTHEST RIGHT HAND TOLL BOOTH, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE TRUCK BOOTH IN OHIO!!!! Almost word for word of my experience three years ago. And even far right, be careful!
__________________
Dave and Beth
2015 Cornerstone 45J
Ford F-150 and 2016 Polaris Razor
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:15 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4
My mirror is out for delivery today! Five days after talking to Ramco Engineering. Finally heard back from Entegra, their price was $150 more and a 3 to 4 week lead time.

Again, thanks for the Ramco suggestion.
__________________
Ray & Wendy
Full-time wanna-be ... soon
2014 Anthem 42RBQ
RayandWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:10 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,861
Ramco also has a great website that includes information about how to identify, order, and change different mirror parts. I'll be changing the wide angle part on my drivers side mirror as soon as it arrives.

Best of luck with yours.

Steve
__________________

__________________
1994 26' Fleetwood Flair, 454 TBI.

1994 30' Monaco Dynasty, 5.9 230 HP Cummins, MD 3060, 1992 Geo Tracker.
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ace, replace, replacement



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mirror Mirror on the Wall How Can I Get Rid of Them wtbbjb Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 17 08-21-2017 05:36 PM
Mirror or No Mirror 4369 DS on order glester99 Newmar Owner's Forum 8 02-25-2017 12:26 PM
Mirror, Mirror on the floor... USMC1968 National RV Owner's Forum 2 08-30-2016 05:27 PM
Rear view mirror convex mirror loose. Letsgoagain Monaco Owner's Forum 5 02-17-2011 11:20 PM
Mirror, Mirror, on the wall. chris cross Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 4 07-29-2005 10:10 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×