Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2018, 03:34 PM   #1

Mixing valve

Hello forum members,
We just recently completed our PDI with aquahot service. We were told the tech adjusted the mixing valve and now the shower is not quite hot enough. My question is, has this happened to anyone and, if so, is the mixing valve on the shower or on the aquahot. Note said adjusted to 123 degrees. Finished late Friday afternoon so we didn’t have a chance to ask anyone. Thanks in advance.
Lisa
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #2

Another forum member had a similar experience very recently. Search and the thread should come up.
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:41 PM   #3

Shower not quite hot enough......

How about hot at sink??

If just shower then its the shower mixing valve
If same at faucet(s) then it is the Aqua Hot mixing valve
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:44 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The mixing valve is on the back side of the Aqua Hot access behind the carpeted panel on the Passengers side. If a tech would have adjusted it, everything on that side of the basement would probably have been moved.....was it? Mine has painted factory marks on it, you can see if those marks no longer line up if yours was marked. Easy to put it back where it was by lining up the marks.

Here is the post Peter was referring to.....long story short, no adjustment was made, it was a communication error.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/how-...pm-389301.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:53 PM   #5

What Old Biscuit said, but let me expand.

If it is just the shower, you have a mixing valve assembly behind the handle in the shower control assembly. If the problem is only there, then that is where you need to make the adjustment.

A bit strange for the tech to change the setting for the whole coach, unless you complained about it .... Did you? The tempering valve is where Brobox indicated. I am told to be very careful with it, as a little adjustment can make a big difference. What it does is adjust the heat of all the water in the boiler assembly and circulating around the fresh hot water system.... (the reason that you need to decide if both kitchen/bath water and shower water are the same or different). Again, I have been told to be very careful in re-adjusting that tempering valve.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:56 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
The OP has a 2016, all of a sudden the water went colder, it wouldn't be the anti scald valve in the shower.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:08 PM   #7

No, I did not ask for any adjustment, just the service. It worked great. I’ll get in the basement and look for the paint lines. I have no idea where or why it was adjusted but it’s aggravating.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #8

Just went to the basement, all the pink lines still line up. Anyone know how to re-adjust the shower mixing valve? Thanks for the help everyone!
Lisa
Old 05-04-2018, 04:32 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
There is no adjustment for the shower, it is plastic piece behind the handle that has to be removed. If the temperature was fine before, I doubt if the shower is it, but here is the anti scald valve. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/hot-...ml#post2117382
Old 05-04-2018, 04:54 PM   #10

Well I am so confused. I’ll have to do some more investigating. He noted on the front of the aquahot, with a sharpie marker, adjusted mixing valve to 123 degrees. Maybe I’ll call aquahot on Monday. I miss my hot shower.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:18 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalisa View Post
Well I am so confused. I’ll have to do some more investigating. He noted on the front of the aquahot, with a sharpie marker, adjusted mixing valve to 123 degrees. Maybe I’ll call aquahot on Monday. I miss my hot shower.
Remove the anti scald plastic band behind the shower handle. The handle takes a metric allen wrench to loosen the set screw on the handle. The handle will slide off then remove the plastic piece with a pair of needle noise pliers. It will at least give you a hotter shower over the weekend. Or you can slightly move the mixing valve knob. See many comments on that in the linked post, adjusting GPM
Old 05-04-2018, 07:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Shower not quite hot enough......

How about hot at sink??

If just shower then its the shower mixing valve
If same at faucet(s) then it is the Aqua Hot mixing valve
You never did answer these questions...You may want to check what was asked above, it could lead to your problem.
Flanz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:23 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
IF it's just the shower (and there seems to be some degree of uncertainty about that), here's a link to a .pdf showing detailed instructions for adjusting the maximum water temperature in the shower:
http://www.huntingtonbrass.com/media...adjustment.pdf

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-04-2018, 07:24 PM   #14

The sink seems the same but water can feel hotter on just your hands than when immersed in a shower. It’s not as hot in the shower as before.

Tags
valve