Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2015, 02:45 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Moab, UT Portal RV Resort v. Campground

We will spend next weekend in Portal RV in Moab. When we made reservations they didn't have a space in the resort for our entire stay so put us in the campground. From a Google Map of the facility trying to wrangle a site in the resort side may not be worth the hassle.

Any input from people that have stayed there?

Thanks!

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As a BPOE member, I stayed at the Moab Elks for Free. No hook-ups though.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:26 PM   #3
JJT

Entegra Owners Club
We stayed at the Portal RV Resort in the resort side back in May for four days while we visited all the parks. Great resort, friendly folks all around us, most of which owned the sites, but some who were renting like us. Definitely will be going back there.
JJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #4
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
We stayed 4-nights in site M-30 in the resort section last September. It was a beautiful site with plenty of room, nice paving and landscaping, and a little Koi pond with a sidewalk running along the "spine" of that section. The view out our windshield across to the ridge on the other side of the Colorado River was really nice. We would have stayed longer but we had obligations down the road. When we're in that area again we'll definitely try to go back to that spot.

The campground section seemed much more pedestrian by comparison - don't remember the details but the sites were not nearly as roomy or nicely paved/landscaped. Certainly just as convenient to Moab and the parks however.

That trip was pre-Entegra...

(click photo to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	D8E_6398 2014-09-26.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	380.7 KB
ID:	109022
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

We stayed in the campground with our '04 Bus and in the resort with our '07 Bus. We have reservations for next summer in the resort. The resort is great but the campground isn't all that bad either. It's changed since the earlier days and is upgraded. I would shoot for the resort but if not available, settle for the campground.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:27 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We were in the resort this summer. It was OK, but I wouldn't loose any sleep if I could get back in there the next time we came through. Concrete vs gravel, same view.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:42 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
There several other RV parks near Portal that are not bad. Arch View, and Koa. Portal is definitely the nicest in the valley.
I'm very familiar with the Moab area if you need any additional info.
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We stayed at Archview a couple years ago. We're not into motorized desert sports so the dirt, dust and lack of cell phone or TV wasn't worth it.

We're happy with Portal campground except that a cat seems to have used the fine gravel in our spot for his litter box. Our dogs love it, catered snacks!

Vance & Robin
Old 10-10-2015, 06:53 PM   #9

For us, it's all about the dog park and the pool on the resort side. The dog park is the best we've ever seen in any park or resort and the dog loves it. The pool, because I'm a swimmer. The sites are nicely paved where the campground is gravel, the inside of the coach stays cleaner. Most sites have a nice spot for the toad. It's our place of choice when in the area.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:26 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
We like Moab but will stay in the resort side next time. Or different RV park.

Vance & Robin
Old 10-11-2015, 05:56 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Didn't say the other RV parks were that nice, just there are other places to stay if you can't get into Portal.
We couldn't get into Portal last minute earlier, so we went to Grand Junction and stayed at RV Ranch. James M Robb State Park in Fruita is our favorite in the Grand Valley. However RV Ranch is convenient to wineries in Palisade.
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:16 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is my first visit to Portal (resort side) and I love it. We are parked right in the front row with a nice view and next to the dog run. Since I have a few of them, this is a great convenience. The wifi has been pretty good, but when it slows down, I change over to my AT&T card or my T-Mobile Hotspot.

There is probably twice as much space between sites on the resort side than the campground side. I also like the nice big cement pads. This keeps the dirt and dust off the dogs when they are lounging about under the awning.

As for the mosquitoes, they start coming out around 5:30pm and they are wicked. I'm allergic to them so I stay indoors after dusk. I've been taking Claritin to combat the bites I've received so far.

This pic was taken this morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA120143.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	109511  
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground