Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2012, 04:30 AM   #15

I think that Air France Flight 447 is just the latest proof of the downside of over-dependence on technology in transportation. Many studies have shown that pilots will ignore warnings when they happen too often. And no amount of computer code will replace the good judgement of an experienced pilot. I doubt that there would have been a "Miracle on the Hudson" if autopilot had to make choices.

Do we really need a rain sensor to turn on the wipers for us? (Toyota)

Do we really need a $6000 option to park the car for us? (Lexus)

My 2 cents.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #16

For the extra expense that the mobile eye is compared to what it actually does for you is not worth it to me. Now, the vorad system is different, It actually will mimick the vehicle in front of you and match their speed. No matter how good you are, you'll never match someones speed without it. I don't need to pay for anything else to beep at me when I'm driving.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:47 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Mobile Eye/Vorad

I was most impressed with the Vorad in a 2006 Monaco I drove and the ability to adjust the Cruising Speed. I am buying a 2013 Anthem with Mobile Eye. I have a message in to the Mobil Eye corporate folks - and will add to this reply if I find anything out. I am wondering if the Mobile Eye adaptive cruise control function can be added into the Mobil Eye as currently installed. Anyone with experience on this?
ehuwebeltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 04:58 AM   #18

Did a test drive in a coach w/Mobil eye and it did not activate so I thought it was inactive. The salesman told me when safe to intentionally wander out of my lane. I did and when the alarm went off I wandered out of the lane more for a second.
In my opinion there are times when you must depart the lane, road gators etc. and I really don't want an alarm going off. Just my opinion !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #19

Smile Misunderstood intent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
Very scary! The more I look around the more I realize that the Peter Principal is alive and well.
You may not have understood the intent. The phone would be placed on the dash as a monitor so you can see it like you might with a Nav system. Not to be staring at your phone while driving. Doesn't require you to purchase a separate gauge or monitor. I find the similar systems in my cars almost indispensable. Never realized as I got older (66) how easy it is to wander out of lane. Mercedes system actually nudges you back into your lane. The adaptive cruise control is great on long trips. Will definitely order on my next rig or install after market.
wolflead6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:27 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
I have mobile eye on my 14 Anthem and am happy with it. The biggest value to me is following distance on interstate. You can easily silence alarms by simply turning down volume.
Just my $.02. Ymmv.
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:20 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry0312 View Post
I have mobile eye on my 14 Anthem and am happy with it. The biggest value to me is following distance on interstate. You can easily silence alarms by simply turning down volume.
Just my $.02. Ymmv.
Ah! a voice of reason....

I love mine, it tells me when I am going too fast, when to slow down, if I am following too close, if I need to take a break and gets me coffee. Oh, sorry, you mean the other mobile eye.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselgem View Post
Ah! a voice of reason....

I love mine, it tells me when I am going too fast, when to slow down, if I am following too close, if I need to take a break and gets me coffee. Oh, sorry, you mean the other mobile eye.
But your's does not have a mute button! Oops, the devil made me do it.
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #23

On our 14 Anthem and find it invaluable.
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #24

In my anthem at first I thought it was going to a great add... then it was just annoying and freaked my dog out.
Now...
Somebody else had a blog on this Mobil eye no too long , after reading some of the post and what Mobil eye actually can do then now I am glad I have it. You just gotta learn about it and set it to do all the things it's capable of. Turns out it has a lot of great functions other than beeping in traffic when a car is 2 feet in front of you.
As for the brace or ignore technology comments.. I think to embrace it you have to understand it and learn it .. then it's fun an cool. The people who refuse to learn new things and not take the time to understand it will bag on it..
I think a Lexus parking itself is a way cool technology but people who actually use the function is probably slim..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:43 PM   #25

After watching the Amish get around Middlebury this week I'm certain we don't need anything but a horse and buggy.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:48 PM   #26

Back to the original question.

I like the Mobile EYE and don't mind it at all. Now, if it sounds, it is because I am drifting one way or the other, and I don't mind it telling me, or it sounds sometimes on Interstate off-ramps or on-ramps (the white lines get screwy and confuse it) for no good reason. The other place it sounds is if you lane change without using the turn signals. My wife will tell you that my usual reaction is: "Yeah..... Yeah....."

Now, It does not sound much as I am properly in the lane 99% of the time, but it does happen and I appreciate the reminding. The other feature that it gives you is that it will tell you that it doesn't like how close another car is to you, or conversely, you are to them. When you are passed by a car or truck and it is gaining speed as it pulls back into your lane, it will show the distance that it would be comfortable with (greater than 2 of its recommended distances) but it does not sound an alarm. However, if the car that just passed you slows down and you are crawling up on it, it will also sound a brief alarm and show you the number of "recommended distances" it is from you. Since I drive 62 all the time, most cars and trucks that pass me, pass me and move on ahead of me and I get no alarm.

So, all in all, I kind of like it.

Now, the new system on the '17s which tries to steer you back into the right lane by applying brakes on one side, or starts slowing you down if someone is too close in front of you.... that I would never tolerate. If I get into buying a new coach in the future, they better have a way to turn those two functions off or tell me how to disable it without losing the cruise control ability or I will be looking for a different manufacturer of a coach. I don't need that much help driving my coach!!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote