Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2015, 04:52 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
MobilEye

Having just purchased a 2015 Anthem with MobilEye, I was most interested to see how the system works. I read all the documentation which came in the "bag" and was ready to be dazzled. Well...fact is it doesn't work at all! Kept getting error code 12 and error code 20 messages. No documentation to tell me what exactly those codes meant. Lazy Days tried to get it working before we had to get back home but no help. Placed a call to Entegra and was told they just install, and aren't qualified to diagnose or repair. Thought that was very odd since the coach came from the factory with the system installed and working (?). I was then advised to contact Riverpark, the manufacturer of MobilEye. They told me the error codes are a bad camera and the other code is "much more detailed", but no details from the them as to what the problem might be. I now have to take the coach to the ONLY business in the southeast that is qualified to make the repair, which happens to be in Jacksonville, to get it replaced and re-calibrated. When told that, my first reaction was REALLY?!? No where in the entire southeast region can fix this mysterious system but some place in Jacksonville, Florida??
Has anyone else out there had a problem with this system?
Bunkerhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #2

Patrick

I am very sorry to hear of your problems with the mobile-eye. I really can't help. I am surprised that Entegra Customer Service cannot help more than they have. All I really can tell you is that my Mobile-eye works perfectly and I find that it is a valuable addition to have in the coach. And yes, the system should have been verified both at the factory and by the dealer that sold it to you, and it should have been working when you left the lot.

Keep pushing the customer service people at Entegra and at Mobile-Eye... they should be able to figure out some more reasonable repair process. Will they send you a replacement unit to swap yourself (just a thought).

Sorry for you situation. Be nice and be persistent.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, my first thought was asking about replacing the unit myself. That was shot down by the manufacturer when they told me the unit has to be replaced and then re-calibrated by a certified technician, which is only located in Jacksonville. That is the most frustrating part of this situation. Having to drive the coach to Jacksonville to a business that isn't RV friendly (just a parking lot), no where to plug into or stay overnight if required. We will have to stay in a hotel if that is the case. Entegra did say they would pick up the fuel costs of the drive from Atlanta, where we live, and any hotel costs if required.
Updates to follow when completed.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:02 PM   #4

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. I have Mobile Eye and mine has been flawless. I really like it a lot. I would think either Entegra or Lazy Days should refund the cost of the system, since you're having to go to that much trouble to have it fixed. Best of luck to you...
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:06 PM   #5

We love our mobile eye and it has worked flawlessly. BUT my neighbor has only that only worked a little while and quit. We were at the factory and they could NOT service it because they do not have the equipment to calibrate( said the selling dealer does have)! Apparently they are troublesome because they are not being installed on the 2016s even as an option. Did you talk to National Indoor RV in the Atlanta area. They are an Entegra dealer and have some great techs, maybe they have the equipment to test, calibrate and install the unit, just a thought that you likely have already had.

2016 Cornerstone 45B on order
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Old 07-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkerhill View Post
Atlanta, where we live,
Patrick, I had Mobileye installed on my previous coach, after purchase. I purchased it through Camping World and they claimed they could install it. I called Mobileye and they referred me to Sound Sensations in Marietta, GA. Give them a call and see if they can help you. They had just installed the system on a local concrete companies trucks so they are well versed in installation and calibration. They did an excellent job for me and if I had problems with my new system, I would return to them. There is also a Mobileye rep in the ATL area that may be of some assistance. Sorry I cannot remember his name. I would think Sound Sensations would have that info though.

Hope this helps, Brian
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:24 AM   #7

I believe both codes relate to communication errors. I have had them both. Something in the system is dragging the communication line down. I noticed the display would go dim just before the error. Eventually I started getting random engine alarm such as abs alarms. CS had me disconnect until I could get to entegra for repairs. The system is supposed to be a plug type connection, mine was hard wired. Also purchase from lazydays and an after market add on. Since disconnecting I have not had another engine alarm.

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV
Old 08-20-2015, 09:39 PM   #8

If you have not gotten your problem fixed you really need to call NIRVC
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A PINCHED WIRE is your abs light coming on? If so check them out THEY HAVE A CERTIFIED MOBILEYE TECH I AM PRETTY SURE
Also I am pretty sure that the local rep is Dan ivy sorry about the cap's
Hope it works out for
Happy camping and enjoy that new coach
lydiasrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:52 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Update on my Mobil Eye problem...Riverpark, the manufacturer of Mobil Eye sent me a new camera and wiring harness. They told me the ONLY place in the entire southeast US that could repair the system was in Jacksonville. I contacted them and I immediately realized that their facility could not handle a RV. They mainly work on commercial vehicles and cars. I took the new equipment to Lazy Days in Tampa where we purchased the coach. One of their senior techs, Doug, was in fact well versed on Mobil Eye. He replaced the camera, reprogrammed the system, and now it works great. So much for Riverpark NOT knowing who can service their product. They even had Entegra convinced that Jacksonville was the only place to take a malfunctioning Mobil Eye. Case closed!!
Old 08-21-2015, 08:59 PM   #10

Glade to hear that you are rolling again
lydiasrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #11

I was going to ship you mine.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 04:55 PM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
They discontinued it in the 2016 coaches.