Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Motion Light Operation ??

How do the Motion Lights work?
GoneWithTheWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2015, 01:03 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
First there are motion lights and there are motion lights...

Most use an infra red sensor.. When they see something HOT (A body) coming into their field of vision they light.. There are other types of sensors but this is most common. A sudden "Hot spot" epically one that is moving on the image plates.

it is that simple

Some have adjustable controls as to how long they stay on,, OR how "Big" the moving object is (or how close) some can be remotely operated in an off/auto/on pattern.. But that is basically how they all work

I took a LIGHT ANGEL, Mounted it beside the top of my door,, Right next to the door frame.. I used the 3-screws option so I can remove it when I travel.. it is pointed straight down

Works great.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:06 PM   #3

When you get within about 10 feet 🏃they come on because a motion detector 🐎🐅🐕🐫is wired into the circuit. Now to really answer your question and get technical.............,I will defer to someone who understands the technology. Sorry, I could not resist.🚌🚓
Old 04-07-2015, 04:11 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Motion Lights on 2015 DEQ

I was wondering how to operate the Motion lights on the 2015 DEQ?
GoneWithTheWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:24 PM   #5

Just turn it on with the iPad or panel and it is automatic. IF you turn on the security light switch the motion light switches to off because they use the same light.🚌🚓
Old 04-08-2015, 06:29 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I never even knew they had a motion sensing light. It sounds like the porch light has two switches, one for normal on-off operation and the other for motion sensing. Is that how it is?
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
I never even knew they had a motion sensing light. It sounds like the porch light has two switches, one for normal on-off operation and the other for motion sensing. Is that how it is?
It's actually the side security light, not the porch light (at least on mine). Yes, there are 2 switches. The "security light" switch turns the light on full time until you turn it off. The "motion light" will set the security light to only come on when it senses motion. On mine, I think it stays on about two minutes and then turns off again.
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:54 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

See, no matter how much you research things, there's always something you can pick up on the forum.

By the time I'm ready to pick the coach up I'll probably have learned more from this forum than I will on the PDI walk-through.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:54 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
By the way, there are also interior motion sensors activated when you lock the coach and lower bay doors. (and, yes, the dogs will set it off. Don't ask me how I know.)
Old 04-08-2015, 07:11 AM   #10

Quote:
By the time I'm ready to pick the coach up I'll probably have learned more from this forum than I will on the PDI walk-through.
That is so true! When I picked up my Cornerstone and did the walk through, I actually knew more about the features and operation of most of the components than the tech guy. And it's all thanks to reading these forums!
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:46 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken n deb View Post
By the way, there are also interior motion sensors activated when you lock the coach and lower bay doors. (and, yes, the dogs will set it off. Don't ask me how I know.)
That's a nice feature for when you are storing the coach or whatever but not so much when the dog is staying in it while you are gone.

I assume there's a way to disable the interior sensors so that you can lock the coach to go away and leave the dog inside? With a 130 lb. German Shepherd inside the coach I really don't need any extra security.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:13 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Cruzer

I don't know if you've seen them but Entegra made about 30-40 Youtube videos showing how to operate various systems. I know you previously had a big Tiffin and are probably familar but you can always pick up something. Search YouTube for Entegra Coach.

The videos as well as manuals are accessible via a iPad app Entegra made but you have to input a VIN number before it will function. I emailed Customer service and they sent me my VIN number about 4 months before delivery. You can also go to a dealer and snapshot another VIN to use until you get your own.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light