Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #1

Must Have Items?

Okay, you’ve just purchased your brand new Entegra. Now, what are the three (3), absolutely, positively, most important things you (must) have, with no questions asked. Note: Required to have (insurance) and need/what to have are to different categories. I’m asking about the need/what items you absolutely can’t live without.
Recon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
hmmm...

1) Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C surge protector
2) Winegard Travler dish for HD TV
3) The toilet better work!

2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #3

Patience with a new rig, a given. A well stocked tool box. The time to read all of the manuals that came with the Coach. And, a comprehensive road service plan.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #4

checklist,duck tape,industrial 3m velcro
greezykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
All of the above...X2...plus a pitcher of homemade sangria in the fridge for when you have to use many of the other things mentioned
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon4 View Post
Okay, you’ve just purchased your brand new Entegra. Now, what are the three (3), absolutely, positively, most important things you (must) have, with no questions asked. Note: Required to have (insurance) and need/what to have are to different categories. I’m asking about the need/what items you absolutely can’t live without.

Just adding some different thoughts than above in the event you didn't think of them.

1. Additional Propylene Glycol (Boiler Antifreeze to be mixed 50/50 with distilled water) for the AquaHot. Without it you won't have adequate heat/hot water.

2. A grey (in color) hose that can be specifically used to rinse the black tank and wont be confused with your hose used for drinking water.

3. A proper pre-departure checklist...which includes someone checking to ensure floors and captain chairs are clear so slides can be pulled the in.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
OK...I'll be serious. Given the challenges with washing and drying the coach, a good collapsible ladder that is stable for going high.

Just bought one of the Werner models today; can be a step ladder, two a frames to make a scaffold, and an stable extension ladder for those times when you need (or may not need) to be on top.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #8

1. Some form of GPS, Garmin, Rand McNally, iPad, etc...
2. A good partner
3. Toilet paper
4. Grill
5. Outdoor chairs
6. Debit/credit card.
7. Wine, preferably a Sharaz or Merlot
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
1. Surge Protector
2. Heavy Duty Sewer Hose with Extension
3. Grill (and coffee pot - can't live without either)

4. Extra TP, Tool Kit, Heavy Duty Velcro, Duct Tape & Press 'n Seal Wrap (covers the electrical connections on your hitch - and a lot more)
5. Furchildren - the reason we started traveling in a MH.

You really expected us to stop at 3????
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I'm hoping to win the prize for "geekiest response":

1) Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C with the remote readout. Since there is no automatic load shedding energy management system on the Entegra's (such as the unit described here: RVcruzer.com - Breaker Panel and EMS System Installation), it will be helpful to see how many amps you are pulling on each leg of the 120v in case your shore power source is something less than "50A" and you want to avoid blowing the shore power breakers.

2) Some kind of toad braking system, such as Air Force One. Anyone ever install an AFO on a Spartan? I've done it on a Freightliner, looking for any special tips for the Spartan install on our new Aspire. Does anyone know if the AFO will void the Spartan waranty?

3) A battery monitor (gas gauge for your house bank). Model ME-BMK Battery Monitor Kit. This can be fairly easily added to the Magnum inverter(s) on the Entegra's and other coaches (all hookups can be done in the luggage bays and info will read out on the already installed Magnum ME-RC remote panel if it's firmware v2.0 or higher). I want to know amps in/out of my batteries so I'm aware of when I left those basement lights on by mistake, or how much power my solar panels are generating, etc., not to mention a reasonable indication of state of charge (% of capacity remaining). In addition to the ME-BMK you will need a short length of heavy battery cable (2/0 minimum) with properly sized lugs for the shunt and neg battery terminal. I might also consider adding a shut off switch (if there isn't one already) - even when they are "off" those inverters pull enough juice from the batteries to run them flat in a few weeks.

3b) Case of beer or bottle of Beefeaters to celebrate the hard work doing all those installations!
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
A campground directory.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #12

Duck tape... who would of thought (I didn't).... "VOLTDOC" I think you win and geekiest is a good thing for us electronically challenged types that might need a paint by numbers kit to actually get it to work right. Great list of items. I still can't figure why Entegra can't figure out this surge protector issue? Seems like a no-brainer to me...
Recon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Try looking at this - RVcruzer.com - Outfitting your First RV
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A beautiful woman who will cook, clean, and wash the motorhome.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote